|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Hell Drummer Hotshot
|
|
Hell Drummer Hotshot
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033 |
Isn't the F-35 carrier capable?
But I'd give my vote to F-18. Seems pretty logical. Not obvious, not right, just logical.
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!" Para_Bellum
"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..." Ice
"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!" MigBuster
"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands." Sauron
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 589
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 589 |
We probably won't get an F-35C for at least a decade. :p
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Hell Drummer Hotshot
|
|
Hell Drummer Hotshot
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033 |
We probably won't get an F-35C for at least a decade. :p Aaaaaand I�d consider us lucky for that...
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!" Para_Bellum
"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..." Ice
"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!" MigBuster
"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands." Sauron
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 165
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 165 |
Although I for one would love a good Tomcat... the F-14 has sailed into retirement. Let virtual time move on and go with an F/A-18 Echo or Foxtrot. It's a workhorse platform that while not ideally suited for air to air would provide some great mission diversity in all aspects of combat deployment. WWI and WWII are long gone, but I don't see that fact stopping those flight sims from being made. While I'm afraid that the DCS series is going this way, it shouldn't be automatically assumed that it's everyone's preference. I for one couldn't care less about the Super Hornet and all its advanced systems and weapons which make you spend more time flipping switches while flying high on autopilot than actually piloting the damn thing (though, I have to admit that it sounds like I just described flying the F-14B  ).
i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SoundBlaster 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1 btn 2 axis gameport joystick, Numpad as hat-switch. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH average.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Just a Noob Senior Member
|
|
Just a Noob Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674 |
Shoot to Kill. Play to Have Fun.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 199
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 199 |
The hornet makes the most sense with these new ship pics.
F-16 a close second.
F-15e would be cool but DCS has never done a back seat sim before, not sure if they are ready to break new ground with an AI crew member. It has to be done sometime, because it has been said that the next helo version maybe an AH-64A.
Get over the F-14 suggestion, it's never gonna happen.
I don't care what dcs chooses to do personally, as long as it's an AC capable of launching HARMs for proper SEAD missions to coordinate with the A-10s in MP. I'm pretty sure this is the number one motive for the next aircraft. A year from now, you will login to an MP server and choose to fly a ka50, A-10c, or a multi-role F/A aircraft in one big coop mission.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 230
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 230 |
Well the F-18C is still in use with the USMC... and several other nations still use that variant, correct?
Sims from start to finish: Fleet Defender Gold, A-10 Cuba!, F-22 Lightning II, FS2000, CFS3, FS2004, Il-2FB/AEP, LOMAC, IL2 1946, DCS:BS, Falcon 4.0 AF, SF2V, FC2, Janes F-18, DCS A-10C, ROF
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147 |
...and a possible F-14B mod in the future Although I for one would love a good Tomcat... the F-14 has sailed into retirement. So has the P51, F86, A4, F4, etc, etc, etc. Doesn't mean they don't make great subjects for sims. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 66
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 66 |
Well if it is the F-18, then it would be the first DCS product I will buy. Blackshark being a helicopter and the A-10, AG only just never appealed to me so the F-18 would be welcome. If it is the f-18, hopefully they will model both the C/D and E/F. Both have similiar cockpits and similiar exterior (size and different intake shapes)so it should be easily done.
Last edited by Sabre86; 10/03/11 11:17 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 157
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 157 |
I as well hope it's a hornet. Problem is, with all the extra work needed for carrier ops, it could take a bit longer than it took to make DCS A-10C? Who knows. Either way, whatever the next aircraft is, you can bet we will all buy it. :-)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
Check out my Senior Member
|
|
Check out my Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462 |
Well, I'd actually take an F-16 or F-15, simply because the VRS Superbug, given it's accuracy, exposes a lot of the hornets weaknesses. For one, it's slow compared to it's contemporary's, struggling to hit Mach with any kind of useful payload. Plus, there are several compounding problems. 1. It's often regarded as underpowered (seems to be the result of aerodynamic inefficiency) 2. It's "draggy", and isn't as fuel efficient as it was hoped it would be. 3. This means those two extra weapon stores it has over the baby hornet, are often taken up with fuel tanks 4. Said fuel tanks (and any other under-wing ordinance) sit 3 degrees crowed out, meaning they are effectively side slipping in flight, which leads to higher drag, which leads to higher fuel consumption, which means the plane needs more fuel...and you see where this is going. I want to point out, none of these complaints are towards the work VRS has done. It's an awesome sim, and I'd put the Superbug on par with a DCS product as far as systems and modeling (combat not withstanding...for now). I fly it more than anything else in my FSX hanger  Also, I'd still buy DCS hornet, the above are just reasons I'd like an F-16 or F-15
My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case Other Assets Deployed: HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 73
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 73 |
I'll have what he's smoking.
The_GhostRider
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,276
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,276 |
I just made a mess in my pants 
I have gaming PCs that run everything from MS-DOS 6.22 to Windows 7 64-bit
Win7 Home Prem 64 i5-3570 ASRock HM77 XFX Radeon HD 6950 2 Gig 8 Gigs GSkill DDR3 1600 500 Gig Samsung 840 SSD 1 TB WD Black SATA II HD Plextor 24x DVD-RW ViewSonic VA2702w 1920x1080 HP L2206tm 1920x1080 Multi-Touch Screen Antec Neo 550w PS Antec Full Tower Case Warthog 1663 w/ CH Pro Pedals TIR4 w/ Clip Logitech G110 KB Razer Naga
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082 |
I'm guessing either way, people will snap up the next DCS title and the forums will be flooded with request for cockpit plans and measurements.
Be happy for the quiet that comes before the storm.
Though I, for one, can't wait!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Hell Drummer Hotshot
|
|
Hell Drummer Hotshot
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033 |
I'll have what he's smoking.
The_GhostRider GAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH Loved that. 
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!" Para_Bellum
"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..." Ice
"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!" MigBuster
"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands." Sauron
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 14
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 14 |
The hornet makes the most sense with these new ship pics. These ships are not new and are available in-game right now. I don't understand why this thread is such a big deal.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 589
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 589 |
The models are newer, updated versions. At least the Russian ones and the Perry frigate.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 14
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 14 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,496
Stick to the plan man! Member
|
|
Stick to the plan man! Member
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,496 |
I think in 1.0.0.9 they add pitching deck for ships depending of the weather.
Personnally I cant hope for something else than a F15E, but having carrier ops made by ED would be way to awesome
XBL/PSN/others: genbrien Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Samsung 23'' 1920*1080 CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz Keyboard: Logitech G15 GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saitek X55, TrackIr5 RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz Case: Cooler Master 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|