SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 165
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 165
Originally Posted By: Dirk98
Originally Posted By: BANITA
You Forget the Munitions screen who sucks in BMS.In ff the same way you can use AA, but the Munitions screen is not working, as in BMS.


You're missing the point, set driver's AA to application control, and check MS (AA) box in the GUI @ x3 or x4. No problem with any screen including Munitions, so it's not the "same way", but it was fixed deliberately.

Cheers,
Dirk.




I�ll second that, BMS works perfectly well when Multi-sampling AA is activated in the BMS Options menu. No screwed up Munitions screen. With a GTX 570, and I think we all know that FF5 works on Win7 64 with an ATI, but the problem was that it was a hit and miss with nvidia cards which the devs didn�t fix so far. I got a Nvidia card and BMS works with nvidia, which is one point for it, if you then count the stability of it in, FF has lost.

Edit: The Theatre though seems very interesting, especially with the content in it. Would be nice if there were a BMS version. Good work, mates!

Last edited by Polarwolf; 09/07/11 08:08 PM.

What Comes before a Good simulator landing? The Bad ones!^^
If you keep your humor, you will make it through the darkest of valleys.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,169
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,169
The Terrain work on this is fantastic - but I dont expect much else if thats the same Polak that used to work on Thirdwire stuff.


People will have an attachment to FreeFalcon especially if they have spent a lot of time in it and have older systems same goes for AF

Even moving to BMS from Allied Force there are new things to learn - new manuals to read new flight model to get used to etc - BMS is truly a work of art that I can just not ignore and has everything you could dream of in a new sim - let alone a patched one.


'Crashing and Burning since 1987'
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 139
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 139
The ITO2 looks really nice even on my dated rig; AA is set to x4 in the ATI CCC with all the other settings balanced somewhere between eyecandy and performance. Here are some sample screenies taken on my first flight over the area:






Joined: May 2010
Posts: 7
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 7
Originally Posted By: MigBuster
The Terrain work on this is fantastic - but I dont expect much else if thats the same Polak that used to work on Thirdwire stuff.







You're missing the point: Polak has done a fantastic job at the terrain tiles, but a theater is far more than tiles: you have probably no idea what goes under the hood to make a good theater. And a good one this is! Comparing Thirdwire stuff to FreeFalcon is like comparing Wordpad to Word (a little exaggeration, but you get the idea).


How (s)low can you go
B
BANITA
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered
B
You are probably missing a point, because you have no idea who worked on the campaign, and how long it lasted testing this theater.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,169
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,169
Originally Posted By: Snaily



You're missing the point: Polak has done a fantastic job at the terrain tiles, but a theater is far more than tiles: you have probably no idea what goes under the hood to make a good theater. And a good one this is! Comparing Thirdwire stuff to FreeFalcon is like comparing Wordpad to Word (a little exaggeration, but you get the idea).



WTF

Im not missing any point at all - you clearly dont understand that I was complimenting the terrain work so I have no idea why you decided to put that totally ignorant reply - totally out of order.

And honestly STFU about the Thirdwire series because you quite clearly dont have a clue!


Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
Mig Buster: I got you and indeed Polak did an outstanding and so far unmatched job in ITO2.

I would like to flood this thread with some screens I took yesterday in a TE and a dogfight, + a few others, so these are mainly F-16A and "single TE related" screens. I won't do this twice, so please bear with my temporarily ignorance reg. amount of screenies.

For the record: I also fly BMS and it rules.

IMO ITO2 offers a lot of immersion and play-fun in campaigns and TEs.
Focus is an immersive approach into a life-filled tactical Near East situation based on an area and also 2 eras of operations not featured in any other Falcon version including dedicated tower calls, a dedicated campaign etc etc.
So if you can live with trying a Tornado IDS or -ADV with an outstanding 2D pit or an F-16A with dedicated 2D pit of highest standards and a bunch of IAF F-16 viariants in the modern campaign-this may be fun-.
You cannot load a data cartridge etc. but you will have working JDAM/HARMs and a lot of eyecandy as well as the opportunity to fly some vintage jets in a functionjal campaign-. Of course you will have 3D pits as well, I personally prefer 2Ds except in dogfights and attack runs in FF. The Mirage 2000EM has a neat 3D pit and one of the best 3D models ever seen in Falcon along with the unique Tornado. Skins totally rock..

http://www.freefalcon.com/forum/showthread.php/20607-Israeli-Theater-Release

Okey...as I said, only once that I flood this thread, thank you for watching and enjoy flying whatever sim you prefer.

cheers


































F-16I




F-16D has dedicated backseater 2D pit, here frontseat



























Thanks and Greets

Tom

Last edited by Tomff; 09/08/11 08:02 PM.
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
PS: Again sorry for the overkill of evening screenies, my preference there..F-16A and evening missions.
Carry on gents, all members:

I appreciate the opportunity to show my screens and explain the theatre managed and developed
under ranger822's supervision over years. Known bugs intended to be eliminated.
FF will run under Win7 64 Bit and Vista as well, but indeed it depends on your hardware setup and some NVidia users have issues. There are workarounds for NVidia driver issues available at the FF forum.


Best Regards

Tom

beercheers


Last edited by Tomff; 09/08/11 08:23 PM.
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 7
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 7
Originally Posted By: MigBuster
Originally Posted By: Snaily



You're missing the point: Polak has done a fantastic job at the terrain tiles, but a theater is far more than tiles: you have probably no idea what goes under the hood to make a good theater. And a good one this is! Comparing Thirdwire stuff to FreeFalcon is like comparing Wordpad to Word (a little exaggeration, but you get the idea).



WTF

Im not missing any point at all - you clearly dont understand that I was complimenting the terrain work so I have no idea why you decided to put that totally ignorant reply - totally out of order.

And honestly STFU about the Thirdwire series because you quite clearly dont have a clue!



Re-reading your message, I indeed misread it the first time: I read it like: don't expect to be it much more than a nice looking theater. Sorry for that: I'm not a native English speaker. And my comparison was about the theater/campaign combination: in that way I honostly don't think Thirdwire stuff can match Falcon.


Btw, nice screens as always, Tom!

Last edited by Snaily; 09/11/11 02:15 PM.

How (s)low can you go
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,670 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1