SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 850
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 850
Hello all.
After several years of work, the Freefalcon team has released the Israel Theater of Operations 2 for Freefalcon 5.55. More information can be found at the freefalcon website: http://www.freefalcon.com/forum/

The theater contains a ton of new content: new tiles by Polak, new jets, skins, and pits, 6 campaigns, and so on...too much to list. If you enjoy Freefalcon, I think you will definitely find this add-on worth your time.

I don't have too many screenshots saved anymore, but here are 3 from last weekend that I took during our last round of testing.

See ya,
Toonces







"A week or even a month for someone basically saying "shucks, this is pants" maybe. But their banhammer only has the forever setting. Gotta set phasers to stun for the localization of female undergarments, not kill yo." - Frederf
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,614
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,614
Looks wonderful.

Sadly though FF5 is more advanced than any of my other games such as ArmA2, FC2, F4AF and IL-2 series being able to find hardware issues on my computer and CTD'ing due to this.

I will try FF5 again when I buy a new computer next time.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 850
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 850
Some of Tom's shots:









"A week or even a month for someone basically saying "shucks, this is pants" maybe. But their banhammer only has the forever setting. Gotta set phasers to stun for the localization of female undergarments, not kill yo." - Frederf
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 850
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 850
Cptmtge and Tom:







"A week or even a month for someone basically saying "shucks, this is pants" maybe. But their banhammer only has the forever setting. Gotta set phasers to stun for the localization of female undergarments, not kill yo." - Frederf
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
Looks great...... Huge thanks to the Free Falcon team for all their dedication and hard work.... Salute!


DFord8 aka SlapStik
Intel i7 2600K SB, DDR3 1600 8 gb ram, Win7 64,
EVGA GTX 570 1280gb, Intel 80gb SSD.
TM Warthog #1547, MFD pack, CH PP & TIR4


Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
Quote:
Re: FF5.5 Issues or Concerns

Originally Posted by Cipher The Noble
I guess having windows 7 and a GeForce just isnt going to work D:



That combination is a crap shoot, then throw on top that you have 64bit. Falcon is more suited to 32bit.

It's probably doable with a different GPU, but is it worth it to try to find out??

You can't dual boot XP?? That's one of the things some guys have done in the past.

RAM22


Looks like the developers of FF still support WinXP x32bit only? Sounds kinda retarded these days...even intimidating for guys with newer hardware. WinXP x32bit is fading away. I hope FF will consider newer OS and hardware (say nVidia) notion.

Nice screenshots, but I wouldn't bother dual-boot, multi-OS to enjoy them.

Cheers,
Dirk.

Last edited by Dirk98; 09/07/11 09:56 AM.
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 529
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 529
Originally Posted By: Dirk98
Quote:
Re: FF5.5 Issues or Concerns

Originally Posted by Cipher The Noble
I guess having windows 7 and a GeForce just isnt going to work D:



That combination is a crap shoot, then throw on top that you have 64bit. Falcon is more suited to 32bit.

It's probably doable with a different GPU, but is it worth it to try to find out??

You can't dual boot XP?? That's one of the things some guys have done in the past.

RAM22


Looks like the developers of FF still support WinXP x32bit only? Sounds kinda retarded these days...even intimidating for guys with newer hardware. WinXP x32bit is fading away. I hope FF will consider newer OS and hardware (say nVidia) notion.

Nice screenshots, but I wouldn't bother dual-boot, multi-OS to enjoy them.

Cheers,
Dirk.


Well retarded is perhaps not the wording I'd use but I too find dual booting just for FF5 just not worth the effort. As I understand it is not a matter of choice that FF works best on WinXP 32 bit but more due to the fact that their engine is still DX6 (I believe?) and there aren't drivers around to support newer cards (nVidia) and OSes under that directx version.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
Sooooo, are we saying that FF5.5.5 will not work on a Win7 64 system?? I installed it last night and tried a couple of very brief flights and it worked so far. The Israeli theater TE was a stutter fest though....

+1 to Dual boot system being pita..... I always lose interest and never go back to the old OS.


DFord8 aka SlapStik
Intel i7 2600K SB, DDR3 1600 8 gb ram, Win7 64,
EVGA GTX 570 1280gb, Intel 80gb SSD.
TM Warthog #1547, MFD pack, CH PP & TIR4


Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 529
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 529
Hi Slapstick, did you have AA and AF? Did you fly a couple of multiplayer flights? When ever I tried it I either ran into trouble with graphics corruption or not getting into the 3d world or it would be very unstable especially in campaign mode doing COOP. That's the main reason I quite FF5.5

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 468
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 468
Why still fly FF (or any other Falcon)when you now have BMS? yep

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,271
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,271
I agree with MAN76UTD.


Main PC: ASUS P8Z77 - Intel I7 3770K OC to 4.4GHZ - Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro
GeForce GTX 970
16 Gig G.Skill Ares DDR3
Samsung EVO SSD 500GB
Plenty of storage
Windows 7 64bit
ASUS PB278Q @ 2560x1440

SIMPIT: ASUS Prime Z370-A, I7 8700K, H80i-V2 watercooler
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080
Windows 10 64bit
32GB 2400 DDR4 memory
Thrustmaster Warthog - 2-TM MFDs
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals,4 -FIPs, TPM, Radio, Multipanel, Switch Panel, Pro Flight Yoke
3 - 32" Samsung monitors-1920x1080, 22" Samsung monitor
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,477
Air Dominance Project
Member
Air Dominance Project
Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,477
Me too. I see the community uniting behind Falcon BMS.


-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 850
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 850
Freefalcon is what it is, and ITO2 is what it is. Some folks, even with BMS available, will have an interest in this theater.

If Freefalcon runs on your computer, the theater is available to enjoy.

Despite this being a FALCON sim, I enjoy taking an F-4 up in the Yom Kippur campaign and flying against MiG-21s and Su-7s. That's not for everybody and I can appreciate that. I also enjoy taking up an F-15 in BMS and plinking Su-30s at 25nm.

Each is fun for what it is.


"A week or even a month for someone basically saying "shucks, this is pants" maybe. But their banhammer only has the forever setting. Gotta set phasers to stun for the localization of female undergarments, not kill yo." - Frederf
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 19
Z
Junior Member
Junior Member
Z Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 19
Sweet!
Works great on my Win7 x64 ATI build.

For you nvidia people,
Quote:
1) Install nvidia driver
2) Install and start nvidia inspector 1.93.
3) Go to the driver profile settings (or start in advanced mode with this cmdline: nvidiaInspector.exe -showSettingsOnly -enableSettingScan).
4) Search for the Falcon 4.0 Allied Force profile
5) Click the button that says "add application to current profile" (small icon of a window with a plus-sign
6) Add /FreeFalcon5/FFViper.exe to the profile

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
Originally Posted By: toonces
Despite this being a FALCON sim, I enjoy taking an F-4 up in the Yom Kippur campaign and flying against MiG-21s and Su-7s. That's not for everybody and I can appreciate that. I also enjoy taking up an F-15 in BMS and plinking Su-30s at 25nm.

Each is fun for what it is.


Yes, indeed, I feel the same.

Sorry for the wording, I meant to say outdated even more than retarded. But again, when I read that my combination of os and hardware was "a crap shoot" I wrote "retarded" inadvertently.

Cheers,
Dirk.

Last edited by Dirk98; 09/07/11 06:08 PM.
B
BANITA
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered
B
Freefalcon works perfectly on all Windows x64 win7 too, just do not like anti-aliasing, as well as the BMS does not work with AA.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
Originally Posted By: BANITA
Freefalcon works perfectly on all Windows x64 win7 too, just do not like anti-aliasing, as well as the BMS does not work with AA.[/img]


BMS has AA/MS setting in the GUI. It also works with many combinations of driver's AA via nVidia Inspector. But I recommend Application Control in the driver and Multisampling x3 or x4 in the GUI. No problem whatsoever. I hate jaggies.

Cheers,
Dirk.


Last edited by Dirk98; 09/07/11 06:38 PM.
B
BANITA
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered
B
You Forget the Munitions screen who sucks in BMS.In ff the same way you can use AA, but the Munitions screen is not working, as in BMS.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
Originally Posted By: BANITA
You Forget the Munitions screen who sucks in BMS.In ff the same way you can use AA, but the Munitions screen is not working, as in BMS.


You're missing the point, set driver's AA to application control, and check MS (AA) box in the GUI @ x3 or x4. No problem with any screen including Munitions, so it's not the "same way", but it was fixed deliberately.

Cheers,
Dirk.

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 7
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 7
FreeFalcon runs fine on Win7. No problems whatsoever with my ATI 6870: both AA (set 'hard' in driver, no jaggies, see F/A-18 screenshot) and Aniso (application controlled)

And ITO2 is a great theater, both visually and content.


How (s)low can you go
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,665 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1