SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3335379 07/05/11 05:48 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
I'll be seeing you lot in a month or two.. off to the Gulf of Aden once more to earn my pay!
If I'm lucky it'll only be 'two weeks'.. but knowing the naughty men who won't stop attacking our ships, (they always do) it will probably stretch into a month or more..
If I'm lucky I'll end up doing a day or two in Malta again to decompress before coming back smile
Make sure I have some lovely new aircraft and features to come back to you lot.. although what I'm going to do without my RoF fix on a daily basis I have no idea!

Cheers.. Dave S

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
Good luck and keep safe, Trooper.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,545
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,545
Keep safe and clear water mate.

Paul


Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618
M
Babelfish Immune
Veteran
Babelfish Immune
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618
Say hello to Mad Mitch and stay safe Dave!

Ming


'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,600
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,600
Decompress?

Anyway, good luck and stay safe Trooper!


The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. - Douglas Adams
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,939
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,939
Good Luck, Be safe!

Rob


Intel Core i7-3770K
GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000)
MSI GTX 960 GTX 4GB
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 599
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 599
Good luck and be safe! Gonna miss your posts while you are out.

Tbag #3335433 07/05/11 06:46 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Originally Posted By: Tbag
Decompress?

Anyway, good luck and stay safe Trooper!


Just a day or so to get your life back on an even keel mate.
(that also means a chance to drink beer!..lol)

Last edited by TROOPER117; 07/05/11 06:48 PM.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 146
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 146
Safe return mate, and enjoy the beer wink

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,628
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,628
Stay safe Dave, could have waited until after 'Legends'..

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
Hoping for calm winds and clear skies.....

Stay safe mate!!!


copter


Skids are for kids!
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 711
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 711
You go off on a tax payer funded cruise and ask us for sympathy? WinkNGrin
Well of course you deserve it. Any person who is denied ROF for that length of time deserves all the help he can get.
To be serious. All the best mate and come back safe and sound.


Do not be led into temptation. Find it for yourself
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Gentlemen I thank you smile..
By this evening I'll be enjoying yet another 11 hour flight to Colombo..lol!
I'll try and get online when I can to peruse the forums, but that won't be until I hit a hotel somewhere as there isn't much chance of an internet connection in the middle of those big oceans!

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 839
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 839

Waiting for the "On again!!" (or "RoF again!!") post smile

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
V
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
All the best, and stay safe out there ! Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind my asking, do you fly out all kitted out or is all the necessary equipment waiting for you there ? I understand you're private security now, so I'm assuming you're flying civie carriers ?

Anyhoo, here's to your quick return to peaceful waters and RoF ! Who knows, at the current pace, there might be some new goodies out by the time you're back.

Cheers

Nico


"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
lol.. no mate, don't travel with all our gear.. my personal kit like helmet and body armour goes with me though..
All the other components are picked up in theatre.
Yes, its a civvie company, been doing it for about 10 months now, and love it I have to say!
In the hotel now in Sri Lanka.. the ship I'm escorting is 5 days late, so I'm 'forced' to sit here on the beach, or hotel pool.. I'm not sure if I can hack it!!
haha! got to have some perks to the job haven't I!
But big thanks to all you guys for your good wishes and for taking an interest! smile

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Back!.. no updates, whats cooking chaps?

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,600
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,600
Welcome back. Nothing new here Trooper. I think the 777 guys had a well deserved holiday and are working on version 21 now.

How was your trip?


The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. - Douglas Adams
Tbag #3363915 08/10/11 07:05 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
The usual.. the bad guys know where we are, they wait for us in the shipping lanes, but all crew plus the ships cargo returned to port in one piece, and more importantly, so did me and my team..lol!

Somewhere off the Iranian coast.. I'm the team leader in the centre.


Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
Nice looking guns!

Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,565 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1