SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 104 of 205 1 2 … 102 103 104 105 106 … 204 205
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,573
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,573
How about the brand new (just released Wednesday morning) single from Dream Theater:


Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
V
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
Been liking these guy's sound for a while now. Saw them with Robbie Robertson. They were in town earlier this month, doing the release party for their 2nd record at one of our local independent record stores. Here's a live selection from a show in DC.


It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember
When the news of revolution hit the air
The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters
When the boys started cutting off their hair

The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough
It ought to have a proper home
Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$#
About the goings on in self destructive zones

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
V
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
Another band I've enjoyed seeing a few times. I remember seeing the Garza brothers perform the first time, it must have been 7 years ago, at one of the free Waterfront Wednesday events put on by my city's PRP. It was shortly before their 1st record dropped, and their promo had been getting a lot of play on one of our PRP music stations. I was blown away, and am still blown away every time I see this trio. I love the "Texican" sound, and I like to think that Stevie Ray is smiling in heaven whenever they play. Here's some video from a show in Austin, TX. cool



It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember
When the news of revolution hit the air
The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters
When the boys started cutting off their hair

The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough
It ought to have a proper home
Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$#
About the goings on in self destructive zones

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,038
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,038
Likes: 66


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474



I love this song, and always will. Lovely. yep

Dem Good. It is. I and I. Ya don't fool ya self, everyone have the answer. biggrin



Every liddle ting gonna be alright Jah, every ting gonna be alright. (if only)

band

Baby here I am I'm the Man on the Scene,
I can give you what you want
But you gotta come home with me





yep

7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObkvGKiyZHY


Last edited by Biggles07; 07/01/11 01:00 AM.
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
V
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
Another musician & song writer that I miss dearly. Mr. Zevon is number six on my list, as far as number of times I've seen any act. From a BBC broadcast, Christmas 1994. I've made a point of enjoying every sandwich since your passing...

"...after a long day of improbable & grotesque mischief..." hahaha



It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember
When the news of revolution hit the air
The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters
When the boys started cutting off their hair

The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough
It ought to have a proper home
Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$#
About the goings on in self destructive zones

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
V
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
The first time I saw Mr. Zevon perform this tune was in '92 at Bogarts in Cincy, he opened the show with it. It ended up being the version of "Splendid Isolation" that appeared on the "Learning to Flinch" album. "LtF" was a live Zevon album, featuring completely solo versions of his tunes from venues across the globe. Those were always the best Zevon shows, the ones with just Warren, the guitar, the piano, & a bottle of Jim Beam...like it was that night. This version is with a backing band, it's from the Night Music TV show.

"Learning to Flinch" Wiki
"Learning to Flinch" liner notes

"...Lock the gates, Goofy, take my hand..."



It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember
When the news of revolution hit the air
The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters
When the boys started cutting off their hair

The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough
It ought to have a proper home
Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$#
About the goings on in self destructive zones

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe

http://youtu.be/xzW_7ANnHZI

Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe

http://youtu.be/RyJvFPN5LGo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Got_You_Babe


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
"...after a long day of improbable & grotesque mischief..."

Words to live by Vault, those words will set you free. hahaha

Quality as per usual (Did I really post a Dolly Parton Song in some drunken moment of sincerity?) Gaaahh, WTF is wrong with me? screwy Ah, feck it. Publish and be damned. biggrin

There aint no cure for Love. nope



biggrin

First, we take Manhattan, then we take 1c.
(Private joke) hahaha

The la's do some skiffle.



PJ Harvey of whom Byron wished he had wrote.....She walks in Beauty, like the night, of cloudless climes and starry skys

She's f*cking Dynamite Ladies and Gents, and this is a beautiful song. Listen. Trust me. Your ears (and eyes) will thank you for it. biggrin




Last edited by Biggles07; 07/01/11 08:58 AM.
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
The Bee Gees - 'To Love Somebody'

http://youtu.be/ykU8iSKkJR0

The Bee Gees - 'To Love Somebody'

http://youtu.be/7XJNt-szZXQ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Love_Somebody_(song)


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love

http://youtu.be/5V430M59Yn8

Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love

http://youtu.be/lmakK7BSRnE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can%27t_Help_Falling_In_Love


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
V
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
Originally Posted By: Biggles07
"...after a long day of improbable & grotesque mischief..."

Words to live by Vault, those words will set you free. hahaha


Warren Zevon's long friendship with Hunter S. Thompson is quite apparent in that statement. yep

It definitely spoke to me when first I heard it. HST grew up in the same Louisville, KY neighborhood that I live in. It's an oddly diverse neighborhood which I've noticed has a tendency to produce totally gonzo libertarian types like HST...I should know, I happen to be one of them. hahaha


It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember
When the news of revolution hit the air
The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters
When the boys started cutting off their hair

The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough
It ought to have a proper home
Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$#
About the goings on in self destructive zones

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
vault_dweller, you keep telling cool stories like that and I'll have to go back and re-read the whole HST collection. Might even give _The Electrical Koolaid Acid Test_ another go. Nothing to do with it, but it started me off way back when.

ps my times in Louisville were few, but great! Which part were you referring to?

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
V
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
The Highlands neighborhood, in the Cherokee Triangle area. The house he lived in is still standing, and the current owners are real cool about its legacy. When HST died, a little memorial shrine spontaneously sprung up from the locals stopping by. They left it there for a week or so. HST attended a number of area schools, Bloom Elementary, Highland Middle, Atherton High, and Male High (which was a traditional school at the time, located nearby in the city). IMO, he is one of Louisville's finest sons.

HST Wiki


It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember
When the news of revolution hit the air
The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters
When the boys started cutting off their hair

The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough
It ought to have a proper home
Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$#
About the goings on in self destructive zones

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
Thanks for that!

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
Piper, I love Neil too (tis a sad song and I know all about i a, but here is a super slinky antidote(


Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
Excellent. Biggles is here.

Play on.


ps where is wheels?

Page 104 of 205 1 2 … 102 103 104 105 106 … 204 205

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,480 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1