SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
My question is this:
I have a pile of stuff I bought for FS2004 that I don't wish to buy for FSX again.

Of what out there is known to have either a free or heavily-discounted upgrade path from FS2004 to FSX?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 193
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 193
Some might and some wont but you should find out at your supplyers site.


Intel i5 2005k Asus p8p67 pro 4 gb ram window7-64
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,801
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,801
Nope, there isn't.

Since it's over four years old, FSX should be pretty affordable by now though.

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,921
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,921
Actually there is at times.

I`ve seen several planes and sceneries where the developer has a discount on upgrades to FSX versions. The thread-opener has to check one by one though, as it is of course no general rule.


i7 6700k @ 4,5 GHz
GTX1070
Asus Z170 Pro Gamer
16 GB RAM
500 GB Crucial CT500MX200 SSD
Toshiba DT01ACA300 HDD
Samsung SyncMaster BX2450 LED
W10 64
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
Well so far I've been able to use/upgrade ActiveSky 6 (HOORAY!), Flying Club Piper Warrior and Aerosoft's Cheyenne without needing to shell out more money (although the Cheyenne is very buggy in FSX).

Not bad - but I'm dead chuffed about ActiveSky 6 being a free upgrade path. Just a shame that ASG doesn't work.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,801
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,801
Originally Posted By: kilosierra
Actually there is at times.

I`ve seen several planes and sceneries where the developer has a discount on upgrades to FSX versions. The thread-opener has to check one by one though, as it is of course no general rule.


Oh, it was about add-ons, not the sim itself!

Well, then yes, some can be upgraded for free or a discount.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
Great!
Which ones?
(Do you know of any personally?)

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 193
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 193
Why dont you make the list of what you owne?


Intel i5 2005k Asus p8p67 pro 4 gb ram window7-64
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
Originally Posted By: senneville
Why dont you make the list of what you owne?


What difference will it make? No one is answering the question anyway apart from 'check with your supplier' etc -oh brilliant! O_o


Bloody waste of time.

Last edited by RabbitC; 06/14/11 07:51 AM.
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
Lifer
Lifer
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
Originally Posted By: RabbitC
No one is answering the question anyway apart from 'check with your supplier' etc -oh brilliant! O_o


That's sound advice wink

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 193
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 193
Originally Posted By: RabbitC
Originally Posted By: senneville
Why dont you make the list of what you owne?


What difference will it make? No one is answering the question anyway apart from 'check with your supplier' etc -oh brilliant! O_o


Bloody waste of time.


There are thousands of add on ,and you expect people to come here and tell you wich can migrate from 2009?
Your joking right smile


Intel i5 2005k Asus p8p67 pro 4 gb ram window7-64
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
Originally Posted By: senneville
Originally Posted By: RabbitC
Originally Posted By: senneville
Why dont you make the list of what you owne?


What difference will it make? No one is answering the question anyway apart from 'check with your supplier' etc -oh brilliant! O_o


Bloody waste of time.


There are thousands of add on ,and you expect people to come here and tell you wich can migrate from 2009?
Your joking right smile


No, clever boy. (I presume you mean 2004/FS9??) What I had asked is what people (of the top of their own heads) knew had easy upgrade paths. I wasn't expecting anyone to list thousands of products, just products they knew/owned that had been upgraded to FSX. At MOST this might be 2-3 per person.

Not a big ask - but here, apparently it is.

CHEERS!

Last edited by RabbitC; 06/15/11 08:35 AM.
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
Rabbit,you having a bad day?

I think you got some reasonable answers there.
We don't know what add-ons you got.
Checking out the suppliers web-site seems like the right thing to do.

Chill out smile


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677
Also, you need to take into account that most of us made the FS2004 to FSX move years ago... I can hardly remember the stuff my wife told me to do this morning, much less what upgrade path I took from FS2004 to FSX :-)

Most of my favorite add-ons I fly in FSX today didn't exist in FS2004, I only recall the Aerosoft Beaver being one that I also loved in FS2004 and Aerosoft allowed you to enter your proof of purchase from the FS2004 version on the BeaverX purchase site for a discount on the FSX version.


[email protected], GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
Originally Posted By: kludger
Also, you need to take into account that most of us made the FS2004 to FSX move years ago... I can hardly remember the stuff my wife told me to do this morning, much less what upgrade path I took from FS2004 to FSX :-)

Most of my favorite add-ons I fly in FSX today didn't exist in FS2004, I only recall the Aerosoft Beaver being one that I also loved in FS2004 and Aerosoft allowed you to enter your proof of purchase from the FS2004 version on the BeaverX purchase site for a discount on the FSX version.


LOL - that made me laugh, Kludger. (the wife bit) I agree wholeheartedly.
I believe I have some aerosoft purchases - I'll check it out.

Thanks.

Last edited by RabbitC; 06/16/11 02:58 PM.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,768 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1