SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#3286713 05/04/11 07:49 AM
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,524
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,524
Anyone tried this with Bob2?
It's a TrackIR equivalent that uses face tracking rather than headgear.
Whilst it works well with other sims, with Bob2 the viewpoint immediately swivels to looking vertically down at the pilot seat.
No head movement is recognised.
Possibly Bob2 is interpreting the centre position as max-left + max-down - blocking the webcam causes the view to revert to centre so its 'working'.

Same results in 2.09 and 2.11.

I'll post at A2A when I can login - using what should be the correct password but immediately rejected with too many logins etc etc.
Have asked for new password, but cant get at it until tonight.

Cheers,
Keith

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,598
Likes: 2
K
kaa Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,598
Likes: 2
Not my case, I can have a 75 % satisfaction with it ...just that I cannot correctly stabilize the centre view without having too much inertia due to a too large deadzone.


"Anyone can shoot you down if you don't see him coming but it takes a wonderfully good Hun to bag a Camel if you're expecting him."
Tom Cundall.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 742
'
Member
Member
' Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 742
Here's my profile based off settings I found at the riseofflight.com forum (theres quite a nice guide with screenshots over there):

[Tracking]
Smooth=2
invertYaw=false
invertPitch=true
invertRoll=true
invertX=true
invertY=false
invertZ=false
useEWMA=true
redYaw=60
redPitch=60
redRoll=60
redX=50
redY=50
redZ=50
minSmooth=30
powCurve=10
maxSmooth=60

[GameProtocol]
Selection=4

[FTIR]
useTIRViews=true

[Curves]
Yaw_point1=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Yaw_point2="@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a?\xf0\0\0\0\0\0\0@=\0\0\0\0\0\0)"
Yaw_point3=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a@e`\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Yaw_point4=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a@e\xc0\0\0\0\0\0@I\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Pitch_point1=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Pitch_point2=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0@9\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Pitch_point3=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a@f`\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Pitch_point4=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a@f`\0\0\0\0\0@I\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Roll_point1=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Roll_point2=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a@*\0\0\0\0\0\0@@\x80\0\0\0\0\0)
Roll_point3="@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a@;\0\0\0\0\0\0@\"\0\0\0\0\0\0)"
Roll_point4=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a@B\0\0\0\0\0\0@I\0\0\0\0\0\0)
X_point1=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)
X_point2=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0@6\0\0\0\0\0\0)
X_point3=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a@f\x80\0\0\0\0\0?\xf0\0\0\0\0\0\0)
X_point4=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a@f\x80\0\0\0\0\0@I\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Y_point1=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Y_point2=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0@5\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Y_point3=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a@f`\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Y_point4=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a@f\x80\0\0\0\0\0@I\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Z_point1=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Z_point2=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0@3\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Z_point3=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a@f\x80\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)
Z_point4=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1a@f\x80\0\0\0\0\0@I\0\0\0\0\0\0)

[KB_Shortcuts]
Keycode_Center=21
Shift_Center=false
Ctrl_Center=false
Alt_Center=false
Keycode_StartStop=36
Shift_StartStop=false
Ctrl_StartStop=false
Alt_StartStop=false
Keycode_Inhibit=211
Shift_Inhibit=false
Ctrl_Inhibit=false
Alt_Inhibit=false
Inhibit_Pitch=true
Inhibit_Yaw=true
Inhibit_Roll=true
Inhibit_X=true
Inhibit_Y=true
Inhibit_Z=true
SetZero=true
SetEngineStop=true

[TrackerSource]
Selection=0


Human history is a long procession of *******s being *******s
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,524
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,524
Thanks guys.
Turns out the problem was solved by a patch to FTN 1.5 that is on the website.
Described as curing flickering, it actually makes it work for BoB 2.
Using your profile Mac, smile
Cheers,
Keith

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 742
'
Member
Member
' Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 742
Found out last night that you can adjust the sensitivity - helps with preventing moving your actual head too much to get large movements of your virtual head:

[Tracking]
Smooth=1
sensYaw=152
sensPitch=58
sensRoll=148
sensX=110
sensY=177
sensZ=242
NeutralZone=3
invertYaw=false
invertPitch=true
invertRoll=true
invertX=true
invertY=false
invertZ=false
useEWMA=true
redYaw=50
redPitch=50
redRoll=50
redX=80
redY=80
redZ=80
minSmooth=15
powCurve=10
maxSmooth=50


Human history is a long procession of *******s being *******s
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,598
Likes: 2
K
kaa Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,598
Likes: 2
Thanks,

the profile you provided to is quite functionnal .The center position is quite fixed now but the little lag when I get out from it is a bit annoying when scanning the sky every 10 seconds.


"Anyone can shoot you down if you don't see him coming but it takes a wonderfully good Hun to bag a Camel if you're expecting him."
Tom Cundall.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 742
'
Member
Member
' Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 742
What I havent figured out yet is how to centre the view if I've moved around in my seat. With trackir I simply looked deadcentre and pressed a key. The centre function doesnt seem to work the same way with facetrack. Any Ideas?


Human history is a long procession of *******s being *******s
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,598
Likes: 2
K
kaa Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,598
Likes: 2
Options - keyboard shortcuts-

then, to have a steadier forward view, you have to increase the deadzone as in the profile you provided us, the deadzone is set at 0.

Last edited by kaa; 05/06/11 07:50 AM.

"Anyone can shoot you down if you don't see him coming but it takes a wonderfully good Hun to bag a Camel if you're expecting him."
Tom Cundall.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,072 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1