SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
Here it is.

I somehow don't think this will apply outside of the US, but for those of us in it, this looks like the best deal I've seen for it yet.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,134
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,134
hmmm think i might get that, i have the original with only 4 planes. 19.99 is cheaper than buying those 4 other planes. Thanks for the link.

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 59
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 59
Downloads restricted to US customers only.


Bryan.

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 10
A
Atheris
Junior Member
Atheris
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 10
Just became a RoF: ICE owner.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
Enjoy Atheris! And welcome the community.

Jason

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 826
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 826
Originally Posted By: swampthng
hmmm think i might get that, i have the original with only 4 planes. 19.99 is cheaper than buying those 4 other planes. Thanks for the link.


I'm going to do the same thing as I also have the original with no additional planes.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 135
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 135
I want to order this, But I only have dial up and it would take forever. So is the disc the only way to go? I can use the library to download on to a flash drive, but I don't think it's safe to order on shared computer. Correct? Anybody know where you can get a reasonable price on a disc version?


My CyperpowerPC Gamer Xtreme computer specs: OS Vista 64 bits; Gigabyte Ex58-UD3R SLI; i7 920 @266Ghz; 12GB Corsair Vengeance triple channel memory 1600 ; HIS IceQ X Turbo H695QNT2G2M Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 ; Coolermaster 310 Elite 2 additional fans; Corsair CWCH60 H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler w/ push-pull Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm Case Fans 1450rpm; 680 Watts Cyberpower PSU; Logitech Extreme 3D Pro; HP w2207h 22" monitor(1650x1050); Logitech 5.1 speakers.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 812
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 812
Been wanting this for a long time but have been waiting for it to go on sale. Used a $15 promo and ended up getting the ICE edition for 5 bucks. Not a bad deal ;-)

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 10
A
Atheris
Junior Member
Atheris
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 10
Here we gooooo! (launches for the 1st time)

Last edited by Atheris; 04/13/11 05:33 AM.
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
Does anybody know how this is going to work when the dynamic campaign is released? Will you be able to specify start and stop dates to avoid planes you don't have? Or will it substitute a plane you do have from that time period so you can continue the campaign? Or will you have to purchase planes for the whole war period to make sure you are covered?

Thanks for the feedback,

RR


The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Originally Posted By: JK109
I want to order this, But I only have dial up and it would take forever. So is the disc the only way to go? I can use the library to download on to a flash drive, but I don't think it's safe to order on shared computer. Correct? Anybody know where you can get a reasonable price on a disc version?


AFAIK you can order on any computer. You just need the password to authenticate your copy and then you can play where you want (but not on several at the same time). Hmm, better let Jason reply to this one, since I'm a bit vague on the actual details.


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted By: JK109
So is the disc the only way to go? I can use the library to download on to a flash drive, but I don't think it's safe to order on shared computer.


Your library lets you download several GB? jawdrop

If they allow torrents, you can download the executable (available as a torrent legally) to a flash drive, install at home and log on to activate the game.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 61
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 61
Just picked this up, looking forward to getting into it!

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
Welcome all new ROF owners. You will not be disappointed.


"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge

"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,134
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,134
picked it up yesterday, now i own two copies lol. The 5 extra planes are nice. Gotta buy the dolphin now and i'll have all the ones i wanted.

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 10
A
Atheris
Junior Member
Atheris
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 10
I got taken out by a wing I shot off an enemy fighter, I think I laughed for 5 minutes.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
Originally Posted By: Atheris
I got taken out by a wing I shot off an enemy fighter, I think I laughed for 5 minutes.


It's the little details that impress the most sometimes.

(Hey, just noticed that I am now over 2000 posts. Only took me 10 years to reach this level ;))

Last edited by Barkhorn1x; 04/13/11 07:53 PM.

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge

"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
That's because you still live in Broward, while around the time you joined I moved north!! :p

I've noticed I have lots of mid-air collisions in RoF, some avoidable, most not! Nothing like being in a furball and getting on one guy's six only to see another come swooping in at your 10, chasing another guy, and take off your port wings while you take off his!



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 92
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 92
Thanks for the tip! Downloading now. I also own the original RoF, but haven't played it since the week it came out. A bit too rough around the edges, and I'd just gotten back into 1946 online after an 18 month absence so it was hard to fire up a kite when Warclouds or Spits vs 109's offered a refined online experience with 800 Kph planes and lots of players.

I've been thinking about re-installing since all the patches have turned it into a top-notch flight experience, but I was wary about getting sucked into spending a fortune on extra planes. Even though I now have two copies this deal was simply too good.

How does this work with my existing RoF account? I suppose it'll just... add to it? Download speed is awesome so I'll find out myself in another 45 minutes or so (1.65 MB/sec right now), but if anyone knows if there's any 'gotchas' with registering an extra copy please let me know.


Hardware: Asus Sabertooth Z87 - Intel 4670K @ 4.4 - 16GB RAM - EVGA Titan - Old Asus 26" 19x12 LCD - bunch of drives.

Sim Toys: Warthog - 8cm Simpit Hog extension - TIR5 - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device rudder pedals - Obutto R3v
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
You need to reister a whole new account with ICE. There is no way to apply over your old account.

Jason

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,081,166 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1