SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Tantalwz88 #3263249 04/07/11 08:45 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 75
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 75
Ah, the sense of entitlement. It pervades all life now, unfortunately. �30....I just had dinner with my girlfriend, it lasted about 2 hours and cost 5 times that. Rof, when I first bought it, played worse than CloD. It's great fun now. Just chill the **** out.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Jeevz #3263251 04/07/11 08:47 PM
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 601
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 601
Originally Posted By: Jeevz
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's deliberate ***, I think the publishers just got tired of financing broken software that was just spinning it's wheels and decided to shove it out the door and try to recoup at least some of their investement, it happens all the time in this industry.

Doesn't really matter what happened at the top though, the end result is we are stuck with a buggy, broken piece of trash that isn't worth the disc it's printed on. If I could get a refund I would but I can't so I just have to say goodbye to that $40 and hope they can fix the game but I personally don't believe it's in a state that can be fixed.


I agree with you (the did not set out at the outset *** customers).....this thing spun round and round for years and Ubi said "push it out the door and let's see how much of our money we can get back by non-refundable sales"

And that was that.....that's ***. They knew is was borked. They likely knew from a code architecture stand point that it could not be fixed based upon development decisions that were made years ago to extend the Il-2 engine vs writing something from scratch. They waited as long as they could and finally decided to publish it as is. They made a "business decision" to recover as much sunk development costs as they could.


AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
Tantalwz88 #3263263 04/07/11 08:54 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
WV is really continuing the crusade at full speed... - He must be the biggest masochist in the world, for staying so long with a game he bitterly hates.

Anyway, enjoy your day at www.WernerVossHQ.com everybody.


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Jeevz #3263267 04/07/11 08:58 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Originally Posted By: Jeevz
I'm sitting here trying to think of a major game release more broken than Cliffs of Dover and I can't.

The state this, I hesitate to even call it a game, is in at release would be funny if I didn't want a new IL2 so badly.


You may well speak the truth, but I have gotten more out of this broken title than ones are not considered broken. But that's just me

Tantalwz88 #3263399 04/07/11 11:19 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
The links to the patches are in this post at Airwarfare too.
http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?opti...p;Itemid=54#286

There is an Internation version of the patch and a Russian version of the patch in the post.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Tantalwz88 #3263434 04/07/11 11:54 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 31
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 31
Hi

Here after Beta patch, didn't notice any FPS improvement, but I am getting more micro frezzing now.

Is the building Amount options, working?

I am sorry to say, but I guess that they are just guessing.

They gonna need some help.



Regards

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 104
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 104
I agree, NO GAME is without it's flaws. This certainly does have it's problems, but nothing this team can't overcome in about a month or two.. Ther is SOOO much potential that has been built-in taht it makes my jaw hurt!

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,260
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,260
Originally Posted By: SkullBiscuit
Originally Posted By: Jeevz
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's deliberate ***, I think the publishers just got tired of financing broken software that was just spinning it's wheels and decided to shove it out the door and try to recoup at least some of their investement, it happens all the time in this industry.

Doesn't really matter what happened at the top though, the end result is we are stuck with a buggy, broken piece of trash that isn't worth the disc it's printed on. If I could get a refund I would but I can't so I just have to say goodbye to that $40 and hope they can fix the game but I personally don't believe it's in a state that can be fixed.


I agree with you (the did not set out at the outset *** customers).....this thing spun round and round for years and Ubi said "push it out the door and let's see how much of our money we can get back by non-refundable sales"

And that was that.....that's ***. They knew is was borked. They likely knew from a code architecture stand point that it could not be fixed based upon development decisions that were made years ago to extend the Il-2 engine vs writing something from scratch. They waited as long as they could and finally decided to publish it as is. They made a "business decision" to recover as much sunk development costs as they could.


Unfortunately none of what you or any of the posters on here say regarding the developers is based on anything more than supposition, pointless posts really, why not put the effort into finding fixes instead of inciting conspiracy theories.


III/JG11_Tiger
Tantalwz88 #3263595 04/08/11 02:51 AM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 118
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 118
Why should we find fixes? I am a paying customer, I pay for that to happen? Should I expect a cheque in the mail from Maddox for helping them refine their game so they can make more money out of it? Should we all be on the payroll?

WernerVoss #3263606 04/08/11 02:59 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,260
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,260
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Originally Posted By: TROOPER117

'Gaming trauma'.. you make it sound like you are slowly bleeding to death, and if IC don't do anything about it you will die.. Jesus WV, have you heard yourself?
I'd say every single person who bought this game is mightily fed up that we aren't now having massive battles over the shores of England, but they aren't all 'demanding' that the game fails.. we all want it to work.. even if it takes a few months, we'll be happy that it will come right.. now why do you demand to see it fail and bring the company to book?


It has already failed. It is broken, that is beyond dispute, and given the nature of what we see now and 1C's inability to provide with the first patch what they said would be provided, it is clear it cannot and will not be fixed.

Yes, it is painful for many to get to grips with that reality, and while that reality is being gripped we will continue to see it being defended. By fewer, and less vocifirously, until the forum becomes quiet, the game is forgotten, and we all move on, bitter but wiser.

I never wanted it to fail, but I do want the devs and the publisher to suffer a comeback. That will be delivered as a certainty, in failed sales. And that fate is entirely and wholly deserved. We have been treated with utter contempt. We were not warned of the game's state; quite the opposite, all pre-release material led us to believe it would be a viable product. The only warning we did get was from the Russian purchasers, but that was disarmed with claims the epilepsy-filter was the cause of poor performance. That turned out to be totally false.

Those of you who remain unable to accept that reality will accept it eventually when the game finally proves to be un-fixable. And you will then regard this as a landmark moment, however trivial you consider it to be (it's "just a game" afterall), when an already over-extended line was flagrantly crossed.



It really seems that it is the right time now for you to go away, we have all heard your opinion on this sim over and over, your opinions are just that though, they are not based on any facts, if you have given up on it, then go buy something else (nuggetx mentioned that WoP was out on April the 1st, lol)and troll their forums and leave those of us that still have hope that this can be fixed in peace.

If it all fails and you get your landmark moment, you can always come back and say I told you so, if that will make you feel better.

At least Tree had a little bit of humour within his negative posts whereas you are just plain boring and repetative, you are like a little child, in your reckoning if a beta patch doesnt fix everything first try it is obvious that they must have hired some bus drivers to code it etc etc, for goodness sake it is a beta patch, grow up, you are not the hero of the down-trodden gamer you are just a boring negative annoyance.


III/JG11_Tiger
Danosh33 #3263608 04/08/11 03:03 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,260
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,260
Originally Posted By: anonsh33
Why should we find fixes? I am a paying customer, I pay for that to happen? Should I expect a cheque in the mail from Maddox for helping them refine their game so they can make more money out of it? Should we all be on the payroll?


This post is regarding the beta patch you are not obliged to install it.


III/JG11_Tiger
Tantalwz88 #3263609 04/08/11 03:05 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 124
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 124
Trolls, gotta love em, cause their momma's sure didn't.

Last edited by Lupus; 04/08/11 03:05 AM.
Tantalwz88 #3263611 04/08/11 03:08 AM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 118
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 118
That's besides the point I was getting at how it's somehow ok for the developers to expect the public to test the game for them after they've paid for it. That's what's happening, that is not ok in my books. I am no troll just stating my opinion Lupus thanks for your useless contribution.

Tantalwz88 #3263613 04/08/11 03:12 AM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 118
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 118
Anyway, I've shared what I feel enough times now, I hope this game somehow survives and if it doesn't the void is somehow filled by another developer.

Tantalwz88 #3263940 04/08/11 02:07 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 32
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 32
I agree.. why are we all being so kind... most of us have spent our hard earn cash expecting, as one should when buying a video game, a working Game! In no other industry could u possibly get away with this. Oh BTW I bought this new car!... the guy says he going to give me the suspension and wheels next week! Those blokes have a dedication for optimizing my car's performance! Can�t wait until they finally give me the doors, steering wheel and breaks! Oh man� What a dedicated team.

Tantalwz88 #3263957 04/08/11 02:27 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 32
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 32
What�s more is the term optimization.. the game doesn't bloody run! You�re not optimizing it! You�re FIXING IT! YOUR MAKING IT RUN...if my car engine is broken I don't ask somebody to optimize it. If nobody else is going to say it then I will... on med to high range PC... i expect 40+ FPS over London with tons of planes! Action and smoke.... can they give us that?

I read in a patch update that the 1c team has a dedication towards optimizing their game! He made the example of saying the released version is twice as fast as the one presented in Moscow. Didn�t we all see smooth running video LIES of that presentation? So it wasn�t really running at that speed�?

Wibbey #3263966 04/08/11 02:32 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 290
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 290
Originally Posted By: Wibbey
I agree.. why are we all being so kind... most of us have spent our hard earn cash expecting, as one should when buying a video game, a working Game! In no other industry could u possibly get away with this. Oh BTW I bought this new car!... the guy says he going to give me the suspension and wheels next week! Those blokes have a dedication for optimizing my car's performance! Can�t wait until they finally give me the doors, steering wheel and breaks! Oh man� What a dedicated team.


yeah, I always compare a 30 thousand car to 50 bucks worth of cheap entertainment software. lol

Let me put it into a little perspective for you. I went to the movies last night. It cost me and my wife about 45 bucks between tickets, parking, and popcorn. The movie totally sucked. How dare they release a movie that sucked so bad. I screamed and whined to the manager, but he wouldn't even consider giving me my money back. It's obvious that the evil movie makers are out to only steal our money and provide us with crappy, unfinished movies. How dare they? We should sue.

Tantalwz88 #3263975 04/08/11 02:40 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
J
Duke of URL
Veteran
Duke of URL
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
That comparison would be more apt if they showed you 10 minutes of a of two hour movie and told you you'd get the rest of the movie in 10 minute installments over the next 5 years if the movie sold well.

Oh and the 10 minutes they showed you ran at 6 frames per second instead of 24.

Last edited by Jeevz; 04/08/11 02:41 PM.

Commence to Jigglin'
Tantalwz88 #3263979 04/08/11 02:46 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 788
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 788
I've seen some pretty terrible movies that I wished only lasted 10 minutes.

Tantalwz88 #3263980 04/08/11 02:46 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 290
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 290
I wanted to walk outin ten minutes. Does that count? And it is way more "apt" than comparing a 30 or 40 thousand dollar car sold without wheels. Making that comparison is just foolish and pretty much proves you've never bought a car. It's about entertainment value, and some are already entertained by it, even in it's current state.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,072 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1