SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Originally Posted By: BillyRiley
Looked great - first video was awesome, but I do hope those tracers are not in the final product. It looked more like shots from Tie Fighters! See BoBWoV for nice looking bullet trajectory graphics.


deadhorse

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Originally Posted By: 2005AD
Did anyone else notice every house had a light blaring in the London 1940 clip. Don't they know there is a war on... put that bloody light out!


From Oleg's comments in the YouTube link:

Quote:
there is an option to set % of lights. From 0 to 100

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Originally Posted By: nuggetx
blah, blah, blah, blah


Sorry don't mean to be insulting but this is just too funny

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 902
2
Member
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 902
Originally Posted By: LukeFF
Originally Posted By: 2005AD
Did anyone else notice every house had a light blaring in the London 1940 clip. Don't they know there is a war on... put that bloody light out!


From Oleg's comments in the YouTube link:

Quote:
there is an option to set % of lights. From 0 to 100


It was a joke... I can see why you have one of these beside your name screwy

That was a joke too smile

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
Originally Posted By: bisher
Originally Posted By: nuggetx
blah, blah, blah, blah


Sorry don't mean to be insulting but this is just too funny


Yes, he's overplaying his hand a bit there I think - he needed to say something like:

'Did you see the hood fly off in the first video? It's like there are no fasteners AT ALL!'

..or something. Trolling is a art. etc.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Originally Posted By: 2005AD
It was a joke... I can see why you have one of these beside your name screwy

That was a joke too smile


No worries...I think. wink

I was just pointing out the explanation about lighting in case anyone missed it.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
Video is again stunning, planes and lighting is almost photo real, fire, smoke and tracers very good and the pilots looking brill at last smile

BUT...again...I WANT TO HEAR SOME BLOODY SOUND!!!

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
Originally Posted By: LukeFF
Originally Posted By: BillyRiley
Looked great - first video was awesome, but I do hope those tracers are not in the final product. It looked more like shots from Tie Fighters! See BoBWoV for nice looking bullet trajectory graphics.


deadhorse

Typical response from the "crowd". Seems there are 3 factions in this forum...some who are waiting to see patiently (a very small group apparently that includes me...I'll wait for reviews and hearsay about performance being as there is no information on perofrmance and hardware requirements), others who will slag it off at every opportunity and the sycophants that dig their head in the sand. And by the way, both of those latter groups are as ridiculous as each other!

Regardless of the petty responses - two things are clear to me regarding this game
1. I will get it when I hear positive feedback from the community (not this community as it has already decided to NOT be impartial - on both sides) and when there is a dynamic campaign
2. When I do get it, I'll be steering clear of any online gaming after seeing the posts in this forum

To both sides, you both ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Childish doesn't cover it.

What really, really makes me laugh is you lot are so locked up in your battle of words that you don't realise there is someone sitting on the fence who has a genuine thought about the game (my tracer issue). Whilst I did post that, I also said it was a great video. I thought it promoted the game well and even got me a little stoked about it. But your so hard of hearing now, you just jump on the "get the #%&*$#" band wagon! attack

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
Originally Posted By: BillyRiley
Originally Posted By: LukeFF
Originally Posted By: BillyRiley
Looked great - first video was awesome, but I do hope those tracers are not in the final product. It looked more like shots from Tie Fighters! See BoBWoV for nice looking bullet trajectory graphics.


deadhorse

Typical response from the "crowd". Seems there are 3 factions in this forum...some who are waiting to see patiently (a very small group apparently that includes me...I'll wait for reviews and hearsay about performance being as there is no information on perofrmance and hardware requirements), others who will slag it off at every opportunity and the sycophants that dig their head in the sand. And by the way, both of those latter groups are as ridiculous as each other!

Regardless of the petty responses - two things are clear to me regarding this game
1. I will get it when I hear positive feedback from the community (not this community as it has already decided to NOT be impartial - on both sides) and when there is a dynamic campaign
2. When I do get it, I'll be steering clear of any online gaming after seeing the posts in this forum

To both sides, you both ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Childish doesn't cover it.

What really, really makes me laugh is you lot are so locked up in your battle of words that you don't realise there is someone sitting on the fence who has a genuine thought about the game (my tracer issue). Whilst I did post that, I also said it was a great video. I thought it promoted the game well and even got me a little stoked about it. But your so hard of hearing now, you just jump on the "get the #%&*$#" band wagon! attack


Of course your feedback is as valid as anyone else's. I think the 'beating the dead horse' response was more about having seen that exact same topic so much recently on these forums. A quick search shows about 61 posts in the last month relating to the tracers alone.

Here's some other recent threads discussing 'tracers' - had you seen them?:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3225756/Tracer_To_wiggle_or_not_to_wig.html#Post3225756

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3226231/Hilarious_tracer_debate.html#Post3226231

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3225302/Pics_from_newest_video.html#Post3225302

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3206853/Tracers_Rounds_and_Star_Wars.html#Post3206853

Also, you're generalizing about other people generalizing.

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 839
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 839
Hey, it's about time the jerks started chiming in with their expert take on things, welcome!

Craig


The problem with the World is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Ah yes jerks, the fourth faction, good point

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 427
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 427
Originally Posted By: Bandy
Originally Posted By: J2_NigelMcElwee
since the ROF forums are slow lately, I log into here for amusement. The past few days have been quite entertaining....

(grabs popcorn and large soda)
You know there is an emoticon for that popcorn


haha I didnt even see that one!! classic!!


Asus sabertooth x79
I7 3930k @4.3
EVGA GTX TITAN SC
16 GB Corsair vengeance quad chanel 1866
Obsidian Series 800D ATX Gaming Case
Samsung 24.6" @1920x1080
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Good to see that Oleg & team have shut up the haters, just on schedule. A bit sad to see Wernervoss and nuggetx fighting around the Reichskanzlei still, but don't worry guys, I'm sure there'll be a new batch of Panzerfausts coming your way soon, keep the faith! smile


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
Wakes...Hmmmm, beaufighter night fighters (first combat October 40) in squadron formation, taking on Stukas (withdrawn August 40), in daylight...yup, yup...and a train sim...was that a Cathedrals Express, leaving Waterloo for W1? Couldn't be, the green was all wrong. No cockpit shots tho, it's probly AI only. Gyp.



[Linked Image]
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
BTW, one of the graphical glitches Oleg referred to was probably the way the smoke interacts with the planes. Sometimes I noticed the planes "pop up" though the smoke. A slight immersion-killer, I hope they have fixed it for release, or that it will be fixed soon after...


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 27
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 27
I feel we are going to have a great sim in our hands soon. These videos indicates that.

Some info concerning todays two clips from 1C http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19267&page=14 (biltongbru is the one who made the videos):

Forum members:

No after effects were used to enhance the video in a cinematographic way, only in-game effects, except for slight use of colour and shake filters.

The video was made in basically 1 week after access was granted to the game, same basic gameplay as IL-2 and easy to learn and use.

Shadows were turned down.

Sometimes vulnerability was off, realistic gunnery off, etc. just to make it easier to capture the desired situation.

Slow motion was obtained by recording at very slow game speeds, much slower than IL-2 1946.

The movie was made in full HD mode at 25fps

Kindly note that the game made available to me was still a BETA version and it would be undesirable for me to comment on any technical or gameplay matters

The only comment I am prepared to make is that this game will totally surprise everyone.


So beta + some features turned off and still looks so good. Realistic gunnery off explains some of the huge damage made with 303's.
Me likes

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,883
Likes: 1
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,883
Likes: 1
I liked it. Looks good. After you guinea pigs try it out and make sure it will run on something less than a HAL 9000, I'll buy it.


[email protected], 32GB Ram, RTX4070 Super 12GB, 2TB SSD
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 599
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 599
Originally Posted By: GloDark7
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
Look, i never pointed at u when i made my first post...
Of course all round performance is doable, either by A: turning down features or B: buy a monster 8 core sli/Xfire setup if u want the eyecandy. What we cant have though is an average pc and full tilt graphics hence "KEEP the cake and eat it at the same time"

Is that such a revelation.?


OK Ghost, sorry. I think our lines were crossed (or cake mix was wrong).
I've never expected top performance out of a budget system and have always had to compromise on settings as does everyone else (apart from those that can afford the best of everything). I have had better than average results though in getting the right mix of components by shopping around for bargains. Cheaper than your average high-street PC but with above average performance.

The worry for me with CoD is having to compromise on settings more than I normally would. Possibly having to disable features completely. The fact that self-shadowing is disabled in the video indicates to me that I may have to disable that feature to keep it playable. I worry about other features too that may have to be disabled (not just turned down). It all depends on how good the code is at the end of the day.

Again I fall into the speculation trap. It aint out yet!

I will calm down now because Ming is getting overexcited.




NP.


Im in the same boat as u, i never buy the latest stuff and have, of course, the same hopes u have. We gonna have to turn the game down, but hopefully not to much.

On the bright side though, that means the game will only look better and better as soon as the "latest" upgrade is installed, it will keep on giving both at pach/addon day and on upgrade day smile

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,814
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,814
Like I said, graphics appear to be on the same level as Wings of Prey, which is a GOOD thing. The graphics for COD are NOT gobsmacking next level type graphics. WOP beat 'em to it. Then again, isn't the graphics engine for WOP from the 1C shop? Not surprising then. I will definitely buy Cliffs of Dover, but I don't have sky high expectations. I expect it to be good. I just don't expect it to be spectacular, certainly not based on any of the videos released up to this point.

In this day and age, when new quality flight sims are few and far between, beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited by Plainsman; 03/18/11 10:49 PM.

Acer: XB 280HK 28" 3840 X 2160, 1ms, w/Nvidia GSync
Corsair: White Graphite 760T Full Tower
Corsair: 16GB Vengeance LPX 2800MHz RAM
Corsair: SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speaker System
INTEL: Six-Core, i7 5820K CPU @4.2Hz
ASUS RTX OC 2080
Logitech 920 Wheel and Pedal System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek Pro Flight Control System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek X55 HOTAS
XBOX One S
Track IR5

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
People don't expect the same graphics of America's Army and Call of Duty. Why do they expect the same from Wings of Prey and Cliffs of Dover? It is two different game categories.


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,005 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1