SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3189651 01/26/11 07:26 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,089
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,089
Yay! Now all I have to do is wait. Argh!

Next stop, Moving Pictures in its entirety. It's probably gonna be real similar to last years tour, but I'm betting they'll do some song swapping and maybe even play more new tunes on their incipient recording project. Woot!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Nice. I would love to see Rush in concert.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,089
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,089
You should!

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
R
No one of consequence
Veteran
No one of consequence
Veteran
R Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
I am sorry to hear that.

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
J
Duke of URL
Veteran
Duke of URL
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
Cool. I've seen them 3 times, always a good show. The amount of hilarious air drumming, guitaring and bassing in the crowd is almost worth the ticket price alone biggrin


Commence to Jigglin'
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
I wonder what the average age is for Rush concert attendees? wink


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188
Likes: 37
A
Veteran
Veteran
A Online: Content
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188
Likes: 37
Congrats!

I saw them years ago in L.A., and it was a good show, but on this tour, even though they're playing in my town, they're playing at an outdoor venue that I don't like, so I think I am going to pass on it this time around.


Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
J
Duke of URL
Veteran
Duke of URL
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
I wonder what the average age is for Rush concert attendees? wink


Smack in the middle of the gray ponytail and mom jeans bracket.


Commence to Jigglin'
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156
So the old Grateful Dead groupies then?


Life is tough. Life is tougher when you are stupid. - John Wayne
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
J
Duke of URL
Veteran
Duke of URL
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
Originally Posted By: Destructis
So the old Grateful Dead groupies then?


'scuse me, perhaps I gabe the wrong impression... frosted mom jeans


Commence to Jigglin'
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: Destructis
So the old Grateful Dead groupies then?
Those are still alive?


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156


This is actually the only GD song I like. It fits with the comments here too.


Life is tough. Life is tougher when you are stupid. - John Wayne
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,236
L
Simulated Ace
Member
Simulated Ace
Member
L Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,236
I have seen them live 5 times and saw them here on the Time Machine Tour in Houston last September.
Still the best live band out there and worth every dime of admission.


Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,089
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,089
Yep.

As far as average age goes, it's hard to say.

They have a lot of fans that have been there for the whole ride, they have fans like me who grew up with them, and then they have the kids of all those fans.

I've seen people from 6 to 60. That's cool!

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 904
A
PSN: Airjawa
Member
PSN: Airjawa
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 904
Saw them in Columbus OH last year also on the Time Machine Tour. It was the first time I'd seen them live after being a fan for as long as I can remember. Totally kick ass concert. I'd love to see them again.


I will have you shaved, sterilized........and destroyed!
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,089
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,089
That was your first show? Awesome! Man, hearing Moving Pictures from front to back was incredible.

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Saw them in Toronto,1983, Grace Under Pressure Tour....I feel old all of a sudden.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 247
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 247
April 6th in Toledo for me. Third time and I can't wait.

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,089
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,089
Originally Posted By: Razorback
I am sorry to hear that.


Why is that?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,300
Likes: 3
N
Veteran
Veteran
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,300
Likes: 3
I saw them on the Vapor Trails and R30 tours, and was pretty disappointed. The sound wasn't crisp & clean like on all the videos I'd seen, and it wasn't just me or the fact that both shows were outdoors because almost all the other Rush fans I talked to said they thought the same thing. I didn't see Snakes & Arrows and don't know anyone who did, but if they come within a couple hundred miles of here I'll consider going.


Phil

"The abbot says we should be grateful to you for a number of things. He said it was thanks to you that we rediscovered the whole moral universe that we had been in danger of forgetting—courage, sacrifice, faith . . .” — From a forgotten Man-Kzin Wars book
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,208 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1