SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nate #3165361 12/25/10 12:39 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
Just copy the Beta 3 folder somewhere else on your drive. Then upgrade the original copy of Beta 3 to 4.

Nate

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Nate #3165410 12/25/10 03:04 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Erm, nope coz I'm doing a full new Beta 4 install --- I should after downloading the whole damn thing.

Nate #3165501 12/25/10 06:51 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
2
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
2 Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
I'm getting the idea that maybe Matt isn't all that pleased with version 4, and given the apparent proximity to V. 5, end of the year, I'm thinking maybe I'll wait for that. Any idea if V.5 would install over a V.3?


Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
Nate #3165510 12/25/10 07:13 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 211
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 211
Did we get Nellis back?


Intel Core2 Quad
[email protected]
2.67 GHz, 3.25 Gig Ram
XP Pro SP3
EVGA GTX 260
Nate #3165521 12/25/10 07:31 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
I'm not using 4 as it's a big step back for me and just seen on the ED forums someone else having the bullet slowdowns too.

20mm #3165525 12/25/10 07:33 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
To be honest 20mm most people are finding B4 much improved over B3. Edit:- Confusing Typo, sorry smile

Originally Posted By: - Ice
Erm, nope coz I'm doing a full new Beta 4 install --- I should after downloading the whole damn thing.


Copy B3 into another folder, Clear the original B3 folder and install B4 into it.

Nate

Nate #3165550 12/25/10 09:03 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Originally Posted By: Nate
To be honest 20mm most people are finding B4 much improved over B5.

Originally Posted By: - Ice
Erm, nope coz I'm doing a full new Beta 4 install --- I should after downloading the whole damn thing.


Copy B3 into another folder, Clear the original B3 folder and install B4 into it.

Nate


I'm sure you mean B3 and not B5. I've installed B4 in an appropriately named B4 folder and left B3 where it was. I've then created shortcuts from my B4 folder to my desktop so hopefully that starts B4, yes? Or am I doing it wrong this way?

Nate #3165594 12/25/10 11:29 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
confused.com

- Ice #3165603 12/25/10 11:44 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
Originally Posted By: - Ice
Originally Posted By: Nate
To be honest 20mm most people are finding B4 much improved over B5.

Originally Posted By: - Ice
Erm, nope coz I'm doing a full new Beta 4 install --- I should after downloading the whole damn thing.


Copy B3 into another folder, Clear the original B3 folder and install B4 into it.

Nate


I'm sure you mean B3 and not B5. I've installed B4 in an appropriately named B4 folder and left B3 where it was. I've then created shortcuts from my B4 folder to my desktop so hopefully that starts B4, yes? Or am I doing it wrong this way?


A bit too much Christmas cheer (Hic). Yes I meant B3 not B5 smile All I can say about Multiple installs is to try it and see.

Nate

Nate #3166188 12/27/10 02:05 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Hi all , just noticed in Beta 4 the Maverick lock up procedure from tgp to mav ,has seemed to get at least one button press easier , (if im not mistaken ) the process for locking up a target after setting it as "spi"(tms fwd long) you only have to press tms fwd short once you have the maverick screen as soi and you have slaved all sensors (china hat fwd long), before we had to press tms fwd long and immediately after press tms fwd short , ? please can you clarify this for me guys but it worked for me last night ,locked up a "strela 9 "from 8m and turned him into toast.if they get the bullet frame rate drop fixed ....its looking pretty damn good ,on my rig any way
Thanks
Maxy

Nate #3167760 12/29/10 05:46 PM
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 50
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 50
Short flights with Beta 4 64 bit, (with new TIR drivers w00t!!). Very big improvement in fps....for me about 15%. Not sure how much is the 64bit environ and how much is the optimization, but still impressed. I patched beta3 and only issue I had was the one with joining mp games of those who did the full install. I understand this is to be fixed with a hotfix...if not I'll just do a full install.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,300 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1