SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 19
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 19
Hello

I really hope someone can help.

I am setting up hardware for use in DCS A10C. Even if you dont use this sim please read on as this issue could apply to anything...

I have two MFPs

MFP #1 is using 50 buttons
MFP #2 is using 33 buttons

I intend to add a third MFP later.

When trying to map MFP buttons using CH Manager, I create a profile with two MFPs.

Problems:
I cannot get MFP 1 to respond to buttons 26 - 50.

There does not seem to be a distinction between the two MFPs created in CH Manager. If I press button 2 it seems to register regardless of which MFP "tab" I have in view in the CH Manager tool.

I suspect these two issues are related.



I have used a single 50-key MFP in the past for DCS Black Shark and it worked fine.


I searched the forum and found nothing about using multiple MFPs.
I read the CH Manager tutorial and it only spends two pages discussing the MFP and provides very little information about them.

I am assuming based on the way the MFP is advertised and marketed (even the MFP box shows three MFPs being used simultaneously) that what I am trying to do should not cause a problem and should work immediately and simply.

My setup:
Windows 7 64bit
Core i7 965 Extreme
Dual eVGA 295
12gb Corsair memory
Multiple USB hubs. All AC powered. The MFPs are on the same hub.
Also using a TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFD, TrackIR 5, and Leo Bodner board for custom cockpit controls.
The Warthog, MFDs, TIR5, and Leo board are on different USB hubs than the CH MFP.
Logitech G15 keyboard (not using "game" mode)and Logitech trackball mouse are on a different USB hub than the CH MFP


Please help! I am very frustrated that my CH MFP is not programming as easily now that I am using two of them. I hope I didn't waste my money based on false advertising and that it is possible to use multiple MFPs at one time.

Thanks in advance!!!


-Smoky
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 19
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 19
After some troubleshooting:

The good news:
The two MFPs read as distinct from each other MFP1 Key 1 can be set to register a different keystroke than MFP2 Key 1.

MFP1 can register keys 1-50 with no problem.

The bad news:
MFP2 (the new one I just bought) only registers keys 1-25.


Now I'm really concerned that this new MFP is DOA or something.

The new MFP (MFP2) that only registers keys 1-25has a green CH Products logo, whereas the older MFP1 that works fine has a white CH Products logo, if that matters for any reason.

I tested key 26 from MFP2 (new) on MFP1 (old) and the key worked fine. So I do not think the keys are faulty.

I tested key 1 on MFP2 (new) in various locations on MFP2 and it works fine regardless of placement. So that seems to rule out the panel itself as an issue.

What am I missing? Do I have to enable something on MFP2 so it recognizes keys 26-50 and I am just forgetting a step?

Thanks again


-Smoky
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 99
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 99
Hi Smokey,
I have 3 MFP's in use with DCS A10C and all of them work together flawlessly with keys 1-50 in various combination's on each one.
The non recognition of keys 26-50 is not normal. I would bet you have a bad MFP.


Tim
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.



Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,690 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1