|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 219
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 219 |
When I updated the firmware of my Cougar I needed to disconnect the throttle from the stick because otherwise there were reports of pot damage.
Do I need to disconnect the Warthog throttle from the stick to have a save firmware update ? The Warthog throttle doesn't connect to the stick; the throttle and the stick connect to the PC via seperate and independent USB connections. sorry my mistake i was thinking about the Cougar firmware install My question should have been : do i need to unplug the Warthog throttle from the usb slot if i want to update the Warthog stick and vice versa
Last edited by Beelzebub; 12/14/10 04:07 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 107
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 107 |
Geez! Thanks so much for that, glad I just checked this thread. Order hadn't shipped yet so cancelled and re-ordered and saved �80!! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508 |
My question should have been : do i need to unplug the Warthog throttle from the usb slot if i want to update the Warthog stick and vice versa
Nope, completely separate devices.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 26
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 26 |
On checkout it appears to be even cheaper 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
Plankowner Member
|
|
Plankowner Member
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298 |
Holy Smokes batman....that price on Amazon UK of 199 GBP ($312.92 USD) is AMAZING!
Wish someone in the US would give up a few profit points on that item for a price drop like that for Christmas...it would make a bunch of fellow flight simmers really happy.
Last edited by Reschke; 12/15/10 02:56 PM.
Star Citizen Referal Code STAR-MP6J-VFH7
i7-13700K @ 3.40GHz 32GB RAM GeForce 3060RTX MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk lots of SSD's and a good old fashioned 1TB HDD Samsung G9 Odyssey 49" TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro Windows 11 64bit Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 239
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 239 |
Could someone tell me what the diameter is for the TM WH stick (without the base plate)?
Thanks in advance
The most important thing in fighting was shooting, next the various tactics in coming into a fight and last of all flying ability itself. � Lt. Colonel W. A. 'Billy' Bishop, RCAF. Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook version 8c now available for download here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508 |
Could someone tell me what the diameter is for the TM WH stick (without the base plate)?
Thanks in advance About 4.3" / 11cm And....holy crap that's an awesome price. Even if it were refurbs...then...well...at least you know you're less likely to have problems with it. 
Last edited by Teej; 12/15/10 07:39 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951 |
Warthogs selling THAT cheap already? Why is it that for flight sim-related gear, Europe and the UK in particular always get the best deals? (Remember that many of the major Cougar mods were priced in Euros. That did not fare well for those of us on this side of the Atlantic wallet-wise, though it would've been much worse if priced in British pounds.)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 239
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 239 |
The most important thing in fighting was shooting, next the various tactics in coming into a fight and last of all flying ability itself. � Lt. Colonel W. A. 'Billy' Bishop, RCAF. Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook version 8c now available for download here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508 |
No prob. I happen to have a nice little vernier caliper right next to the computer desk as I often use it for radio control stuff. Easy measurement. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 488
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 488 |
Got my throttle back from Thurstmaster yesterday, works like a champ now no more brick!!! Now I just need to stop reaching for the keyboard for commands again 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,900
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,900 |
Warthogs selling THAT cheap already? Why is it that for flight sim-related gear, Europe and the UK in particular always get the best deals? (Remember that many of the major Cougar mods were priced in Euros. That did not fare well for those of us on this side of the Atlantic wallet-wise, though it would've been much worse if priced in British pounds.) Hahaha ! You must be joking right ?! On average, we pay in Pounds what you pay in Dollar... the Warthog was originally going to retail at �399.. while it was $399 over there ! It's called rip of Britain for a reason ! Generally as the value of the dollar is crap at the moment, then things produced over here will be priced more expensive over there ! We have been on the wrong end of pricing for many many years !
"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!" ---------------------------------- "It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1 |
Hi all,
I would like to know if the latest warthogs are still affected by all these problems, in other words if is better to wait..Probably I'll buy on Jan/Feb.
Thanks
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,900
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,900 |
Its back up to �299 on Amazon.co.uk now....... anyone order it when it went down to �199 ? keep us updated !
"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!" ---------------------------------- "It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1 |
Hey,
YES I bought mine last night on Amazon.co.uk, I thought hmm �199 is a bargain that I cant pass up and now I look today and I think wow what if I had waited!!
Also hello all!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951 |
Warthogs selling THAT cheap already? Why is it that for flight sim-related gear, Europe and the UK in particular always get the best deals? (Remember that many of the major Cougar mods were priced in Euros. That did not fare well for those of us on this side of the Atlantic wallet-wise, though it would've been much worse if priced in British pounds.) Hahaha ! You must be joking right ?! On average, we pay in Pounds what you pay in Dollar... the Warthog was originally going to retail at �399.. while it was $399 over there ! It's called rip of Britain for a reason ! Generally as the value of the dollar is crap at the moment, then things produced over here will be priced more expensive over there ! We have been on the wrong end of pricing for many many years ! Ah, the old sign swap crap ignoring the exchange rate. But given that a lot of the Cougar mods and other flight sim gear I'm thinking of (Simpeds and whole F-16 cockpit replicas, for instance) were in Euros and your currency is ridiculously strong exchange-rate-wise...yeah. Shipping probably wouldn't be as bad, either, since the rest of Europe is pretty close by. It probably also helps if you have...connections in the States who can buy locally (from their perspective) and ship it over, if the price of shipping doesn't kill the savings outright. I mean, when an already expensive something costing EUR320 works out to US$465, not even including the shipping...ridiculous. (And this is just for the FCC-2, I might add. Cougar not included! Once you throw that in, you might as well start looking at the Warthog unless you really want a force-sensing stick.)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,187 Likes: 36
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,187 Likes: 36 |
Hey,
YES I bought mine last night on Amazon.co.uk, I thought hmm �199 is a bargain that I cant pass up and now I look today and I think wow what if I had waited!!
Also hello all! Welcome, and congrats on your new stick and the deal you got.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 107
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 107 |
Its back up to �299 on Amazon.co.uk now....... anyone order it when it went down to �199 ? keep us updated ! Yep, it's back upto �299 on both Play and Amazon. But I got my order in thanks to you matey  - switching it from the �279 I originally had it ordered from and down to �199... And, what's more, it was sent yesterday and came today!!! Bargain - makes a change for us in the UK... Late evening though so haven't had a chance to unbox it yet. Retail box inside a tape sealed Chinese box inside an Amazon shipping box.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,900
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,900 |
Glad those who got the Warthog cheap had their transactions honoured !
The FCC mod for the cougar is freaking expensive over here too ! hence I bought a warthog instead of upgrading my cougar ! cheaper that way !
From where round these parts of South Wales are you from Magic ?
"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!" ---------------------------------- "It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 107
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 107 |
Glad those who got the Warthog cheap had their transactions honoured !
The FCC mod for the cougar is freaking expensive over here too ! hence I bought a warthog instead of upgrading my cougar ! cheaper that way !
Yep, the FSSBR2 mod for my Cougar was �250 alone and that was a good many years back now. From where round these parts of South Wales are you from Magic ?
A few miles south of you, just outside of Pontypridd. Very white here today - had to come home from work...!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|