SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 67 of 74 1 2 … 65 66 67 68 69 … 73 74
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 9
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 9
Yea, they did, but it didn't work. Considering it's basically as dead as a brick i doubt updating the firmware will be easy wink [/quote]

I think theres a couple of issues with throttles here, one is the people who's throttles have died completely
The other is the people who's throttles somehow lose their firmware and still get picked up by windows but throw up an error. From what i've been seeing (and experienced) is that if you can see an exclamation in device manager with the phrase hotas bootloader its probably a firmware error. If your throttle isnt picked up at all its probably something more serious.

Just my observations

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
Anyone know what type (pot, HALL...?) is this sensor in Warthog trim axis:



Sokol1

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 361
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 361
Originally Posted By: peten
Yea, they did, but it didn't work. Considering it's basically as dead as a brick i doubt updating the firmware will be easy wink


I think theres a couple of issues with throttles here, one is the people who's throttles have died completely
The other is the people who's throttles somehow lose their firmware and still get picked up by windows but throw up an error. From what i've been seeing (and experienced) is that if you can see an exclamation in device manager with the phrase hotas bootloader its probably a firmware error. If your throttle isnt picked up at all its probably something more serious.

Just my observations [/quote]


Yes I am in the dead brick catagory. TM sent the the addie to send it back.

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7
banghead
Huge disappointment, got my Warthog today from Amazon UK (I'm in Sweden), but the grey hat with the H-shape on the stick doesn't work properly in the left direction, if I look in the windows settings it sometimes flicker if I don't put my finger on the right side of the switch and press it like that instead of resting my finger on top of it.
Ok I thought, I just return it since it was DOA, then I find that Amazon will reimburs me UP TO �1.69, argh, I almost fell off my chair, how in gods name am I to ship a hog for �1.69, more like 40x that. It just told me to bring it to the nearest post office :/ I would have thought that Amazon had a deal with some freight firm or something so that customers could use their deal with them.

For people in the UK: how do people usually deal with this sort of stuff, in Sweden the seller is completely responsible, is Amazon actually expecting me to deal directly with thrustmaster?

Regards Per, Sweden

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 201
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 201
After all the problems with my Cougar,there is no way in the wide world I'm gonna drop 600 Australian on another paperweight.

I've learnt my lesson.

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 488
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 488
Well I just got back from visiting family, go to fly and guess what...my throttle isn't working anymore either...

I think I'm in the category of my throttle completely stopped working, window's doesn't recognize anything when I plug it in.

Last edited by prkiii; 11/28/10 08:34 PM.
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 488
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 488
After talking to Thurstmaster customer support and attempting to update the firmware looks like mine is still a brick so I'll be sending it off to be repaired or replaced...

UPDATE....two days later and still no shipping information from them...starting to loose my patients!!! Got in touch with customer service and they said this is a wide spread issue and that is why they haven't sent me any additional information prior to me calling. They said I'd receive the shipping info within 5 minutes...guess we'll see.

Last edited by prkiii; 12/01/10 08:31 PM.
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,065
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,065
I feel for you guys.

I hope you get this sorted out quick.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 278
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 278
IMHO TM should foot the shipping bill for this issue .

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 278
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 278
Originally Posted By: prkiii
After talking to Thurstmaster customer support and attempting to update the firmware looks like mine is still a brick so I'll be sending it off to be repaired or replaced...

UPDATE....two days later and still no shipping information from them...starting to loose my patients!!! Got in touch with customer service and they said this is a wide spread issue and that is why they haven't sent me any additional information prior to me calling. They said I'd receive the shipping info within 5 minutes...guess we'll see.


Waiting to see what kind of reponse time youre getting from TM, My throttle has been solid so far but...............you never know, the warranty is for 2 years,The words WIDESPREAD ISSUE REALLY CONCERNS ME .Does anyone know if TM has an addy to ship it back to in the states

Last edited by Skip; 12/02/10 11:54 AM.
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 16
5
Junior Member
Junior Member
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 16
Well, I have to say that after an irritated email (I wrote it after 4 days of waiting)they contacted me inmediately and we done all necessary things as soon as it possible. I sent back my throttle to France; on the day that it has arrived I've received an email that they proceed an exchange and sent back a new throttle. In this email they ask me for bank details and today I've received an email notification that they forwarded my bank details to the financial department and I'll get my money back (the cost of shipping to France) as soon as possible.
Now, I'm waiting for my throttle and looking for a perfect grease for the stick and an IDC connector - by the way, does anybody know the exact type of this 6 pin IDC connector... (I mean the ribbon wire that comes from the stick)? help

Last edited by szoltam; 12/02/10 03:44 PM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
R
Plankowner
Member
Plankowner
Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
Originally Posted By: Skip
Originally Posted By: prkiii
After talking to Thurstmaster customer support and attempting to update the firmware looks like mine is still a brick so I'll be sending it off to be repaired or replaced...

UPDATE....two days later and still no shipping information from them...starting to loose my patients!!! Got in touch with customer service and they said this is a wide spread issue and that is why they haven't sent me any additional information prior to me calling. They said I'd receive the shipping info within 5 minutes...guess we'll see.


Waiting to see what kind of reponse time youre getting from TM, My throttle has been solid so far but...............you never know, the warranty is for 2 years,The words WIDESPREAD ISSUE REALLY CONCERNS ME .Does anyone know if TM has an addy to ship it back to in the states


Have they nailed it down and figured out that a replacement is the cure or what? I haven't fired mine up this week since I have been balls to the wall looking for contracts to secure for the job I am trying to get nailed down.


Star Citizen Referal Code
STAR-MP6J-VFH7

i7-13700K @ 3.40GHz
32GB RAM
GeForce 3060RTX
MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk
lots of SSD's and a good old fashioned 1TB HDD
Samsung G9 Odyssey 49"
TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro
Windows 11 64bit
Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 117
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 117
I noticed that the Autopilot button on the throttle base has two programmable event: APENG and APDIS. On mine, the button feels the same as the landing gear horn, which has only one programmable event: LDGH.

So my question is - is the autopilot button supposed to be a in-lock-out button or is it supposed to work the same as the landing gear horn which is just and in-and-out button? And if it does work the same as the landing gear horn button, what's the point of the two programmable events?

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Press once for AP Engage and press again for AP Disengage. The AP button is just like the LDGH button, but differs in script since you can engage or disengage the AP.


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 488
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 488
Originally Posted By: Reschke
Originally Posted By: Skip
Originally Posted By: prkiii
After talking to Thurstmaster customer support and attempting to update the firmware looks like mine is still a brick so I'll be sending it off to be repaired or replaced...

UPDATE....two days later and still no shipping information from them...starting to loose my patients!!! Got in touch with customer service and they said this is a wide spread issue and that is why they haven't sent me any additional information prior to me calling. They said I'd receive the shipping info within 5 minutes...guess we'll see.


Waiting to see what kind of reponse time youre getting from TM, My throttle has been solid so far but...............you never know, the warranty is for 2 years,The words WIDESPREAD ISSUE REALLY CONCERNS ME .Does anyone know if TM has an addy to ship it back to in the states


Have they nailed it down and figured out that a replacement is the cure or what? I haven't fired mine up this week since I have been balls to the wall looking for contracts to secure for the job I am trying to get nailed down.


Mine was sent off yesterday, had to send it to Canada.... hopefully the fix it or send another soon DCS A-10C isn't the same without it!

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 340
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 340
Well, my throttle croaked last night! No USB enumeration going on regardless of which port or even PC I plug it into. Still waiting to hear back from TM support for return information.

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 488
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 488
Good Luck...email wasn't a lot of use at first, I kept calling and talking to the same guy to get my situation resolved....

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 307
C
MAJ, IN, USA
Member
MAJ, IN, USA
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 307
I had my DMS 4-way button fail completely on me last night and apparently I'm the first one on the forum to suffer this fate. Spoke to Tech Support today and sent the required email. Sigh....

Any suggetions why I wait patiently?

Trying not to be discouraged since this is a new system and some design flaws and pains should be expected.


Stephen Luebbert
MAJ, AR
United States Army

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2
Is there any news on what might be causing these throttle failures? I've been keeping a close eye on this thread as I have a new, sealed Warthog here which I can still return. If the issues are CAUSED by software or firmware I wouldn't mind waiting this out, but if it's a hardware issue... might return it and go for a later revision and save myself al lot of trouble.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 574
R
Jurrasic
Member
Jurrasic
Member
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 574
I dont know Guys and this is just MHO but If I were to spend $500 plus dollars on a Hotas System and believe me I have thought about it I would want it to work right out of the box with no bugs. I feel for you guys I would be furious if I were in your situation.


Ahh CLOD never in the history of Simming has so much been promised and so little given.

However I want to thank Team Fusion for keeping the Dream Alive.
Page 67 of 74 1 2 … 65 66 67 68 69 … 73 74

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,080,394 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1