SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 212
Likes: 1
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 212
Likes: 1
I was wondering how to go about playing online? I have not done it in over a decade and would like to give it a try. I am not interested in any of that MMO stuff just co-op, team vs team and other such modes in a mission by mission format. Also being new to online play I would like to be able to play in a constructive environment. I am sort of afraid fearful of being dumped into a "Kill the n00b!" type situation.

I would appreciation any advice and assistance that the SimHQ community would be willing to offered.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
I would suggest playing in one of the SimHQ gaming nights as long as you have the corresponding game. Everyone will be willing to help and offer advice and you won't get a load of whiney kids calling you 'dude' smile

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 221
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 221
The main thing is practice, if people have been playing a game for long enough its going to take a while to catch up with their skill level. In Battlefield 1942 and mods I once went on a streak of 105 games without being out of the top 3 on the server, but in Tf2 I'm pretty useless. Its just a factor of how much time you put into a game and whether or not you are there from the beginning.

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,085
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,085
Not sure what kind of games you're interested in, but if you enjoy tactical-level land combat sims you'd probably have a lot of fun with ArmA2 and SimHQ's Military Monday. Every Monday evening we get together in ArmA2 to play squad-based co-op missions. We usually play 4-5 missions each Monday, with different players taking turns leading the team. Missions range from small stealth raids to larger combined arms operations with air and armour support.

Info here: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3061688/SimHQ_ArmA_2_OA_Multiplayer_In.html#Post3061688


"...for who are so free as the sons of the waves?"
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 212
Likes: 1
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 212
Likes: 1
Well I don't have ArmA 2, just the demo for it. I do have Rise of Flight, LOMAC Platinum, IL-2 1946,Freespace 2, and a number of the Tom Clancy titles. I really need to put together a compressive list of what I have to play. I think it could be fun to play against an with other people. Also I was thinking the if I could work with some more experienced players it might help with the learning curve on some of the flight sims, some of them have really poor training systems.

I do have TeamSpeak 2 as I planed on playing Freespace 2 online once but never got around to it due to real life issues that cropped up.


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,403 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1