SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 26 of 28 1 2 … 24 25 26 27 28
Sim #3061738 07/28/10 10:33 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
S
Sim
Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
Last flight during formation takeoff, airliner that taxied behind us keyed mike and said "I wish we could do that" It felt pretty good as I chased lead to rejoin. biggrin Then doing formation low level at 1000agl (due to birds) around KCHA in a beautiful hilly terrain...that sure gives perspective.


T - 3 days until assignment night.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Sim #3062070 07/28/10 06:07 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,708
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,708
You didn't by any chance land at EVV yesterday? I was there on a medical trip and three Air Force guys came in and went off for lunch. It wasn't until after they left that I looked out on the ramp and saw the T1 parked there. I was on my way back to IND before they returned.


Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
Carl Sagan
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
S
Sim
Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
Originally Posted By: Paul Rix
You didn't by any chance land at EVV yesterday? I was there on a medical trip and three Air Force guys came in and went off for lunch. It wasn't until after they left that I looked out on the ramp and saw the T1 parked there. I was on my way back to IND before they returned.


Nah. I was at HSV. Today at JAN. Tomorrow probably at MLU.






Sim #3063967 07/31/10 12:53 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
S
Sim
Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
Edit

So my assignment is to fly UAVs at Creech AFB. Basically it means that 6 months from now I will be dropping bombs and launching hellfire missiles while being thousand miles from an actual aircraft. Follow on assignment, as air force promises, will involve manned aircraft.

I have two flights left in UPT program. Graduation is two weeks away.

Last edited by Sim; 07/31/10 05:50 PM.
Sim #3064427 07/31/10 10:53 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,708
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,708
This is cutting edge stuff and you will be at the controls of some very advanced hardware. I have to admit I am a little bit envious. Congrats and well done. I am going to assume that you won't be able to post much about the next stage in your training?


Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
Carl Sagan
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
S
Sim
Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
Originally Posted By: Paul Rix
I am going to assume that you won't be able to post much about the next stage in your training?


Yep. I don't think that would be too wise. biggrin

Sim #3064528 08/01/10 01:37 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Some good hiking in those mountains around Creech! Mt. Charleston, the whole of the Sierra..Death Valley... Fun place.. And odd place..but a fun place. I remember driving through there on the highway and seeing what looked like maybe wood or replica Su-27s or something parked out on the runways. And an Osprey was doing trials for dust and sand techniques for approaching LZs or something..it was awesome..



Sim #3064703 08/01/10 01:07 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
2
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
2 Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
Originally Posted By: Sim
Originally Posted By: Paul Rix
I am going to assume that you won't be able to post much about the next stage in your training?


Yep. I don't think that would be too wise. biggrin


Not even to tell us if playing flight simulations were worthwhile?


Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
20mm #3065011 08/01/10 09:45 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
S
Sim
Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
Originally Posted By: 20mm
Originally Posted By: Sim
Originally Posted By: Paul Rix
I am going to assume that you won't be able to post much about the next stage in your training?


Yep. I don't think that would be too wise. biggrin


Not even to tell us if playing flight simulations were worthwhile?


Probably is. I'd rather talk about T-6 / T-1...

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
S
Sim
Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
Originally Posted By: BeachAV8R
Some good hiking in those mountains around Creech! Mt. Charleston, the whole of the Sierra..Death Valley... Fun place.. And odd place..but a fun place. I remember driving through there on the highway and seeing what looked like maybe wood or replica Su-27s or something parked out on the runways. And an Osprey was doing trials for dust and sand techniques for approaching LZs or something..it was awesome..



Yeah, it is pretty when it's cool biggrin



Here's a quick video of a guy struggling to stay in position during refueling.

Sim #3073157 08/13/10 09:18 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
S
Sim
Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
As of today, I'm a military aviator.


Sim #3073159 08/13/10 09:20 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
Originally Posted By: Sim
As of today, I'm a military aviator.









Congrats!


Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
Sim #3073160 08/13/10 09:20 PM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
Congratulations Sim! cheers


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Sim #3073166 08/13/10 09:27 PM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
Originally Posted By: Sim
Edit

So my assignment is to fly UAVs at Creech AFB. Basically it means that 6 months from now I will be dropping bombs and launching hellfire missiles while being thousand miles from an actual aircraft. Follow on assignment, as air force promises, will involve manned aircraft.

I have two flights left in UPT program. Graduation is two weeks away.


You know Sim, flying the UAV, just may involve CH Products wink GCS Reaper anyone...


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,920
I have a Rather Large
Senior Member
I have a Rather Large
Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,920
way to go Sim


Jeff "Moses" Malone
Proud Member of 195th Dambusters Virtual Squadron.
http://561stbms.enjin.com/
Moses #3073194 08/13/10 09:56 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
Congrats! That is so extremely cool! Having just gotten my CPL, I am rather envious!


In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,089
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,089
Congrats, Sim. Hope you get back in the cockpit real soon.

Snap #3073231 08/13/10 10:57 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,708
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,708
Outstanding Sim! Congratulations and thanks for taking us along with you in your training up to this point. I have a feeling that flying UAV's is going to be a great assignment (I think I would enjoy it anyway).. Good luck!


Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
Carl Sagan
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,287
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,287
Well done, and thanks for taking us along for the ride. What you just accomplished is likely the most difficult thing you will ever do in your entire life.

I graduated as a member of class 81-07 at Vance AFB, and the assignment choices were different.

The Fighter-Attack-Recon (FAR) guys were bummed if they got O-2s, OV-10s, F-4s, or jobs to come back as FAIPs.

The Tanker-Transport-Bomber (TTB) guys were bummed if they got KC-135s, B-52s, or C-130s ... well, maybe it wasn't that different.

I can't imagine what it would be like to go through what you just went through and be told you were going to fly a robot for your first assignment. All I can say is hang in there and do the best job you can, as there will be real people whose lives depend on you doing it well.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Congratulations Sim. Good luck with your new assignment.
I've enjoyed watching your progress.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Page 26 of 28 1 2 … 24 25 26 27 28

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,784 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1