SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 74 1 2 … 22 23 24 25 26 … 73 74
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 811
S
Jack of all trades
Member
Jack of all trades
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 811
Just preordered from Amazon.co.uk, with P&P �367.92 danish price is then via XE.com 3271.68 dkr Not too bad considering I have seen the HOTAS Cougar to the slight amount of 3250 dkr here, in my mind it is a no brainer. the CH gear is getting old (But still running without a hitch, but I'd like something beefier and with dual throttles.

Staffan


I've been behind before and still managed to loose
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115
I wonder if it will feel awkward to lift it straight up over the detentes (assuming one uses them)? On the F-16, you tilt it upwards to the left all in one motion to go over the detente, which is a pretty smooth action, but it seems a bit awkward to be lifting straight up. Time will tell.

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
I would prefer finger lifts. But what the heck...


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Originally Posted By: zcaa0g
I wonder if it will feel awkward to lift it straight up over the detentes (assuming one uses them)? On the F-16, you tilt it upwards to the left all in one motion to go over the detente, which is a pretty smooth action, but it seems a bit awkward to be lifting straight up. Time will tell.

You only have to lift the throttles to go from idle to cutoff and from mil to AB. The throttles move from cutoff to idle and AB to mil without having to lift the throttles.


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115
Aw, that makes sense and it won't be awkard then. Thanks for the info, Panther!

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,222
Likes: 2
More projects than sense!
Member
More projects than sense!
Member
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,222
Likes: 2
The finger lifts are for the starters. smile

I'm trying to remember if the A-10 throttle quadrant I had at one time had finger lifts - I don't think it did.

g.


Proud owner of 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - the Me-109F/X Project
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
The F/A 18 one I had, did.


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
Originally Posted By: Cali
Originally Posted By: *Panther*
Originally Posted By: Cali
Just saw the price for the A-10 HOTAS...........over $500 bucks!!! Guess I won't be getting this anytime in the next 10 years. Hope I can get my cougar working.

The $ has not been released yet. As of E3 the dollar amount wasn't going to be the equilvant to the � amount listed.


Guess I'll wait til the official price from them.

I'm waiting for the official price as well. Companies have a notorious habit of doing sign swaps, regardless of exchange rate.

But if they ARE factoring the exchange rate, then I'm screwed. Part of the reason why Cougar mods (that aren't Hall sensor kits) are so expensive for us on this side of the Atlantic is the USD-to-EUR exchange rate...

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 811
S
Jack of all trades
Member
Jack of all trades
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 811
Got a mail from Amazon:

"Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle for PC"
Estimated arrival date: November 02 2010 - November 08 2010

Still looking forward to this one... and now I have an oppertunity to get some cash to that AmEx card.

Staffan


I've been behind before and still managed to loose
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,111
A
Ark Offline
Cat Herder
Member
Cat Herder
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,111
400 Euro? Really?

I think that would make it about $530 here in the U.S.

You lost me at Euro....



Ark

Windows 7 x64
Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
Core i7 920 @ 4.0
6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 680 Classified
SB X-FI Fatality
640GB WD "Black"
1GB WD "Black"
LG 39" LCD / Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD


RIP Positive G
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 58
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 58
I think that release date is as accurate as their idea of Warthog's weight.

That Amazon page doesen't work anymore. Maybe the amount of pre-orders overloaded their systems.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 811
S
Jack of all trades
Member
Jack of all trades
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 811
Or they figured out that the weight published will cost them some cash, still not the first time for Amazon. or all were just preordered, We could spaculate for weeks and never know the truth.

Staffan


I've been behind before and still managed to loose
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 79
V
Virtual Thunderbirds
Junior Member
Virtual Thunderbirds
Junior Member
V Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 79
Originally Posted By: Doomer
I think that release date is as accurate as their idea of Warthog's weight.

That Amazon page doesen't work anymore. Maybe the amount of pre-orders overloaded their systems.


LOL! Wouldn't be the first time... hahaha


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 BlacX Case | Corsair HX 850W PSU | EVGA X58 FTW3 | 24 GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600 |
Intel i7-950 @ 4GHz | Corsair H50 Cooler | EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB 7200RPM |
TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED |
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779
E
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot
E Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779
It'll likely by $399 in the US. European prices includes VAT, ranging from like 17-25%, depending on country. In addition goods are usually priced higher in Europe to begin with.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 35
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 35
Eh, I am all for new products but I will be sticking with my G940. Knock on wood my G940 has been awesome in the six months that I have owned it and you can pick that up on Amazon for like $250 bucks and it includes pedals.

WHERE ARE THE PEDALS FOR THE TM WARTHOG? FOR THAT PRICE IT SHOULD HAVE PEDALS!

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
J
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
Maybe TM asked them to remove the product page "for the time being".

At least they didn't remove the SimHQ E3 preview throttle and joystick images from my gallery. smile

Last edited by JAMF; 07/29/10 08:19 PM.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,353
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,353
Oh no not again.........

No ones forcing anyone to buy something!


I've got a bad feeling about this.....
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
The Warthog will probably be priced well under 400 US dollars. The G940 has definitely improved greatly since the latest driver, firmware upgrade. Although I can still get bullets on target faster and more accurately with my old MSFF2.

Anyone that already has pedals should seriously consider the Warthog. It sounds like it has a superior gimbals system, in that it isn't a gimbal system, but some sort of Ball and Spring setup. This should make for a very precise smooth kit.


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,111
A
Ark Offline
Cat Herder
Member
Cat Herder
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,111
Originally Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander
Oh no not again.........

No ones forcing anyone to buy something!


That's a moot issue. I can discuss the cost of something all day long, that does not mean I am suggesting that a company is "forcing" me make a purchase. Voicing an opinion is what community discussion is all about, as long as it is not inflammatory. smile


Ark

Windows 7 x64
Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
Core i7 920 @ 4.0
6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 680 Classified
SB X-FI Fatality
640GB WD "Black"
1GB WD "Black"
LG 39" LCD / Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD


RIP Positive G
Page 24 of 74 1 2 … 22 23 24 25 26 … 73 74

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,072 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1