|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 58
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 58 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 544
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 544 |
wow.. any idea when these pedals will be released? man, i just started to go after thrustmaster RCS's also...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328 |
the new Saitek combat pedals too. Look better than my simpeds!
I thought just the opposite, the width doesn't look right but maybe it's the picture. I've always hated pedals that were too close together and the Simpeds are set just right.
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by ThrustmasterASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951 |
Those pedals look slick, but they do seem quite close together...also, it looks like they'd slide more like the CH Pro Pedals than rotate with a slight arc like the TM RCS/Elite and Simpeds.
I wonder if the toebrakes are strain gage/load cell-based like the Simped F-16 pedals or car brake pedals.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115 |
Shoulder width is about right assuming that is the case with these pedals. No reason to be "spread eagle" like the Simpeds.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115 |
It looks like the pedals will retail for less than $200 when it is all said and done with. It will be interesting to see how the quality is since x amount of people had problems with their pro flight pedals getting stuck at times if they "overextended" the axis. http://news.filefront.com/madcatz-announces-new-saitek-pro-flight-accessories
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
Frugalite & P-38 fan Senior Member
|
|
Frugalite & P-38 fan Senior Member
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812 |
I had some fun adding notes to the "customer images" (Link below the "no image available"). I hope SimHQ doesn't mind? There's a vote to the right for "like/dislike".
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 73
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 73 |
New flash on the www.thrustmaster.com site. You have to(can) pull the throttle up to go over detents.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
Plankowner Member
|
|
Plankowner Member
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298 |
New flash on the www.thrustmaster.com site. You have to(can) pull the throttle up to go over detents. Yes we heard about that from the E3 event that they did back in June. Thanks for the site update though.
Star Citizen Referal Code STAR-MP6J-VFH7
i7-13700K @ 3.40GHz 32GB RAM GeForce 3060RTX MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk lots of SSD's and a good old fashioned 1TB HDD Samsung G9 Odyssey 49" TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro Windows 11 64bit Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC Veteran
|
|
USMC Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274 |
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,160
Military Advisor - USAF Member
|
|
Military Advisor - USAF Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,160 |
Just saw the price for the A-10 HOTAS...........over $500 bucks!!! Guess I won't be getting this anytime in the next 10 years. Hope I can get my cougar working.
i5-2500k @ 3.3, Asus P8Z77-V LE mobo Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, Warthog, uber modded Cougar, TM Cougar MFD's, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,945 Likes: 141
Administrator Veteran
|
|
Administrator Veteran
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,945 Likes: 141 |
IIRC, the review indicated that the controller had optional AB detents that were easily removable (allowing double duty for AB aircraft simulation). There are also idle detents.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
Plankowner Member
|
|
Plankowner Member
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298 |
As I said a while back I hope that isn't the price for over here in the USA.
Star Citizen Referal Code STAR-MP6J-VFH7
i7-13700K @ 3.40GHz 32GB RAM GeForce 3060RTX MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk lots of SSD's and a good old fashioned 1TB HDD Samsung G9 Odyssey 49" TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro Windows 11 64bit Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
Frugalite & P-38 fan Senior Member
|
|
Frugalite & P-38 fan Senior Member
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812 |
As I said a while back I hope that isn't the price for over here in the USA. No way, you won't have to pay 339$US. It'll be 499$US.  Sorry, "Schadenfreude".
Last edited by JAMF; 07/26/10 07:05 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,353
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,353 |
I don't expect a serious replica controller to be cheap but hopefully it'll be cheaper (probable) than some of the replica 737 yokes made that only feature a few buttons. From what I've heard so far the controller is well worth the asking price.
As for AB detents I think they come with the unit but not installed. I seem to remember that from the Preview article a few weeks back. Repeat you wont have to remove the detents, rather install them if you wanted to fly an F15.
I've got a bad feeling about this.....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
Frugalite & P-38 fan Senior Member
|
|
Frugalite & P-38 fan Senior Member
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812 |
Amazon is under the assumption that the Warthog is 598g, whereas 14lbs is closer to 6300g. Try to correct their errors and you get a mail that they don't accept SimHQ's URL of the Expo preview as proof.  Too bad TM is a bit slow in releasing details on their site. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 26
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 26 |
New flash on the www.thrustmaster.com site. You have to(can) pull the throttle up to go over detents. Really? All I see is some toy story 2 thing... NVM....got it
Last edited by 941st_Rage; 07/26/10 10:03 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328 |
Just saw the price for the A-10 HOTAS...........over $500 bucks!!! Guess I won't be getting this anytime in the next 10 years. Hope I can get my cougar working. The $ has not been released yet. As of E3 the dollar amount wasn't going to be the equilvant to the � amount listed.
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by ThrustmasterASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,160
Military Advisor - USAF Member
|
|
Military Advisor - USAF Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,160 |
Just saw the price for the A-10 HOTAS...........over $500 bucks!!! Guess I won't be getting this anytime in the next 10 years. Hope I can get my cougar working. The $ has not been released yet. As of E3 the dollar amount wasn't going to be the equilvant to the � amount listed. Guess I'll wait til the official price from them.
i5-2500k @ 3.3, Asus P8Z77-V LE mobo Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, Warthog, uber modded Cougar, TM Cougar MFD's, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|