SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 74 1 2 … 20 21 22 23 24 … 73 74
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 73
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 73
Wohoo =D

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
J
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
woot whoohoo cheers bottles Woohoo indeed. biggrin

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 190
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 190
Excellent, thanks! thumbsup

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 637
Sith Lord
Member
Sith Lord
Member
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 637
HuA!!!


Ours is not to reason why. Ours is to do or die.
Tennyson

I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..
Gillespie Magee, RCAF
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
R
Plankowner
Member
Plankowner
Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
Well ain't that a kick in the nuts...spent all weekend working on the new house to get my office and basement ready to build my desk/cockpit area and didn't get a chance to jump on the shirt contest...well fark it.


Star Citizen Referal Code
STAR-MP6J-VFH7

i7-13700K @ 3.40GHz
32GB RAM
GeForce 3060RTX
MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk
lots of SSD's and a good old fashioned 1TB HDD
Samsung G9 Odyssey 49"
TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro
Windows 11 64bit
Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,600
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,600
Great, thanks a lot! smile

Reschke, there are two more for grabs if I understand correctly.


The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. - Douglas Adams
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Yep. We will have another contest soon.


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
R
Plankowner
Member
Plankowner
Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
Yeah and with the way that I have been working on this new house I seriously was just kidding but that is my luck with things like this.


Star Citizen Referal Code
STAR-MP6J-VFH7

i7-13700K @ 3.40GHz
32GB RAM
GeForce 3060RTX
MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk
lots of SSD's and a good old fashioned 1TB HDD
Samsung G9 Odyssey 49"
TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro
Windows 11 64bit
Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 216
3
Member
Member
3 Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 216
Wow!

Thanks guod!

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115
Is the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog going to have a mode selector by any chance? I haven't seen anything that indicates that one way or the other. Thanks in advance.

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 172
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 172
And yet another question: does anyone have a detailed picture of the switches, flap lever, etc on the throttle base? I have to decide if I am going to change my pit design to use those switches as labeled on the base, or figure out a way to change the lettering on the base so I can make the switches what I want. I have a thought on it, but I need to know exactly what they have labeled those switches as.

Random thought: wouldn't it have been nice if TM had left the switches off of the throttle base and just made an add on switch box, similar to the Saitek ones?

Thanks,
Dud


They say "If you didn't fail, how would you learn?"... I learn a LOT!
http://cnadeau.webs.com/index.htm
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,849
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,849



Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Can someone correct me if I am wrong. But what I understand so far is that if you own an old TM Cougar, you can still use it with the TM Warthog. So, if I want to use the new Warthog stick, but still want to use my old Cougar throttle I shouldn't have any problems? As long as both the stick and throttle of the Cougar is attached it should be ok to use, right? I think this is very important because if it's true it's going to make flying il2 so much easier for me.

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 216
3
Member
Member
3 Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 216
Yes migmiker,you can administrate everything using T.A.R.G.E.T.!

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,124
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,124
But you still will have the eight axis limit of all the devices plugged together that use T.A.R.G.E.T. Its a directx limitation.


Si hay que huir, YO PRIMERO!!!
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
If my understanding is correct, T.A.R.G.E.T. will basically be every bit as capable as the CH Products Control Manager while having a flashier and possibly more intuitive interface.

Can't wait to get my hands on it myself...though I'm assuming that unlike the Cougar's logical programming, it's probably done in software, also just like the CH Control Manager. Makes me wonder how the new scripting language is going to work together with the Cougar if it's supported by T.A.R.G.E.T.

And as for the mode selector question, word is that the "boat switch" on the side of the right throttle works just like the F-16's dogfight/MRM mode switch. Three positions, no spring to center on either extreme.

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 172
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 172
Thanks Falstar!

Now if I could just see it through all the drool and fog on my monitor... pilot
Dud


They say "If you didn't fail, how would you learn?"... I learn a LOT!
http://cnadeau.webs.com/index.htm
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 58
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 58
First sign of something happening in a long time. Not much, but it's something.

Thrustmaster's "Where to buy" section of Warthog now lists availability at Amazon UK.

Nothing there but hoping there soon will be.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
While tinkering with my Cougar, I thought of some neat features that I would like to see in T.A.R.G.E.T.

-Automatic game/sim profile switching. My G5 and G500 mice could do this already. It might have been complicated with the Cougar's hardware logical programming system, but it doesn't look like T.A.R.G.E.T. will use that part at all.

-Axis settings tied to each game/sim profile. By this, I mean deadzones, sensitivity, curves, and even physical axis to DirectInput axis mappings. It's probably possible with the Cougar already if I were to fidget for a bit in Foxy, but I can think of more streamlined ways to do it.

(The latter point hit home when I started faffing about in Enemy Engaged and Crimson Skies, noticing a rather large deadzone for the rudder. Those using twisty-sticks probably wouldn't find it that large, but it becomes very obvious when using rudder pedals. Makes it a bit more difficult to make fine adjustments near center, though it could be worked around with a bit of curve adjustment.)

Page 22 of 74 1 2 … 20 21 22 23 24 … 73 74

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,282 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1