SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2983751 03/26/10 11:01 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
FYI, it's now available, I'm dling now!


DFord8 aka SlapStik
Intel i7 2600K SB, DDR3 1600 8 gb ram, Win7 64,
EVGA GTX 570 1280gb, Intel 80gb SSD.
TM Warthog #1547, MFD pack, CH PP & TIR4


Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 103
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 103
What sort of speed are you getting. I"m getting horrendous speeds. I cant access the ftp site. It keeps asking for a suer name and pw. The HTTP download keeps dropping and it tells me the 1.9gb file will take 13 hours.

Is there anywhere else I can down load this from?

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 37
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 37
Try the torrent option. I'm just getting 45.kb download speed, but I think it has to do more with my (lack of)settings than anything else. As the number of people seeding increases, so will the download speed. At least it's not prone to drop while in mid-transfer.

Cheers!

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 92
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 92
400kb on torrent...94.6% done.

Last edited by Spike; 03/27/10 12:43 AM.
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
I was able to start the Setup1.bin file with 1.6 gig and I'm at 781 mb so far but the other 2 ask for id and pw but give me message that it's wrong??????

I am downloading Torrent now also since other seems porked!


DFord8 aka SlapStik
Intel i7 2600K SB, DDR3 1600 8 gb ram, Win7 64,
EVGA GTX 570 1280gb, Intel 80gb SSD.
TM Warthog #1547, MFD pack, CH PP & TIR4


Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
I see they STILL haven't fixed their credit card payment method... same problems I had with Flaming Cliffs and Blackshark... American credit cards don't have ranges, we simply have expiration dates. And I know it says leave blank, but then I get a improper range error.

A little hot, was hoping to buy and start the download before my shift, than have it ready for install when I got off in the morning.

Time to get with the 2000's ED... Pay Pal!

Well, maybe I might get it one day then.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
I just posted to their Help Forum so we will see what they say, I copy paste any response here.


DFord8 aka SlapStik
Intel i7 2600K SB, DDR3 1600 8 gb ram, Win7 64,
EVGA GTX 570 1280gb, Intel 80gb SSD.
TM Warthog #1547, MFD pack, CH PP & TIR4


Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
Magnum, I used a Debit Visa with no problem???? Isn't your money green or what!


DFord8 aka SlapStik
Intel i7 2600K SB, DDR3 1600 8 gb ram, Win7 64,
EVGA GTX 570 1280gb, Intel 80gb SSD.
TM Warthog #1547, MFD pack, CH PP & TIR4


Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
FYI, make sure the State is upper case, ie NC.


DFord8 aka SlapStik
Intel i7 2600K SB, DDR3 1600 8 gb ram, Win7 64,
EVGA GTX 570 1280gb, Intel 80gb SSD.
TM Warthog #1547, MFD pack, CH PP & TIR4


Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 92
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 92
I had a problem w/the credit card method,it was on the state code I had to capitalize the AZ,and it worked,after 4 browser tries...

Last edited by Spike; 03/26/10 11:53 PM.
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 103
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 103

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
Here is an answer to download problem:
for FTP right click and save as target thats how for FTP


DFord8 aka SlapStik
Intel i7 2600K SB, DDR3 1600 8 gb ram, Win7 64,
EVGA GTX 570 1280gb, Intel 80gb SSD.
TM Warthog #1547, MFD pack, CH PP & TIR4


Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,699
N
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,699
Downloading now.... Going slower than cold molasses in January, but that's ok- great wakeup present in the morning!


" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

"NUKE-ular. It's pronounced NUKE-ular."- Homer Simpson

AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
CM Storm Series Trooper
Samsung 840 series 500 GB OS/ Game drive
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
Even the FTP is horrifically slow for me.

pfunk


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 426
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 426
My recommendation for now would be to go with the torrent. I think that while there is a good number of people downloading and seeding, it will be the fastest and most reliable option.

Originally Posted By: Magnum
I see they STILL haven't fixed their credit card payment method... same problems I had with Flaming Cliffs and Blackshark... American credit cards don't have ranges, we simply have expiration dates. And I know it says leave blank, but then I get a improper range error.

A little hot, was hoping to buy and start the download before my shift, than have it ready for install when I got off in the morning.

Time to get with the 2000's ED... Pay Pal!

Well, maybe I might get it one day then.
I made a test purchase with my Visa and it worked flawlessly.

ED will not be using Paypal based on terrible previous experience.


EB
Belsimtek/TFC Associate
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,699
N
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,699
Part 2 is going even slower- I'm at 20K/ sec. And I still can't get the FTP to work- it's asking for a username and password. A little help?

EDIT: Never mind, it downloaded and is installing now! I haven't been this excited in a long time!

Last edited by NavyNuke99; 03/27/10 09:25 AM.

" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

"NUKE-ular. It's pronounced NUKE-ular."- Homer Simpson

AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
CM Storm Series Trooper
Samsung 840 series 500 GB OS/ Game drive
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
I installed uTorrent, like someone suggested above, and getting download rates of over 500kb/sec.

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 828
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 828
uTorrent is downloading at up to 700 kb/s for me, whole download in under an hour. This is the way to go for sure. I'll keep seeding for a good while, looks like over 80 to 90 people are seeding at the moment.


JG1 Lipfert - Jagdgeschwader 1 "Fritz Schmenkel" "Oesau" "Richthofen"
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
I got everything after about 11 hours. Installed it this morning and WOW.

I'll be putting my thoughts down later.

pfunk


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,271
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,271
I finally completed the long downloads and went to install by clicking on the setup file and I get the following;

Runtime Error (at18:66):
The Source File is Corrupted

I deleted and downloaded it several times and got the same error. Any suggestions?

Last edited by specialksl; 03/27/10 11:51 PM.

Main PC: ASUS P8Z77 - Intel I7 3770K OC to 4.4GHZ - Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro
GeForce GTX 970
16 Gig G.Skill Ares DDR3
Samsung EVO SSD 500GB
Plenty of storage
Windows 7 64bit
ASUS PB278Q @ 2560x1440

SIMPIT: ASUS Prime Z370-A, I7 8700K, H80i-V2 watercooler
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080
Windows 10 64bit
32GB 2400 DDR4 memory
Thrustmaster Warthog - 2-TM MFDs
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals,4 -FIPs, TPM, Radio, Multipanel, Switch Panel, Pro Flight Yoke
3 - 32" Samsung monitors-1920x1080, 22" Samsung monitor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,798 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1