|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26 |
Hiya Mort.  It's good to see you found this place too. Wheels
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 50
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 50 |
Hello Wheelsup
Yes found this site years ago and been an avid reader and user of tips etc from time to time. Am quite excited at this new map as I'm wondering if the new WOP will live up (gameplay wise) to the IL2 experience. (I believe WOP is a trial run for some aspects of Oleg's new BOB). However I'm happy with IL2 and the developed flight models, just need more scope as sometimes the maps are just a bit too small. This map will give IL2 1946 even longer legs and I've seen my doctor to make sure he keeps me alive for this event!! Plus I won't need to spend another fortune on upgrading my PC yet - we're in a recession you know luckily I'm used to austerity being married !!!!
All the best - Mort
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 27 |
S! Just learned about this map ! Thank you for all of your efforts, looks amazing. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103 |
We've been kind of quiet lately, here at the 352nd Virtual Fighter Group. Our silence is caused by the hours and hours we are putting into finishing the map ... personally I've added, adjusted, tweaked, removed, and re-added 98 airfields at least three times in the past four months. Others in the squad have spent even more time than that in their part of the enterprise. We find new and better ways to do things, others (like Zuti) give us modding tools (like his wonderful DS mod) that cause us to revisit work we have already done, and while it takes longer, the overall result is better and worth the extra time.
We had hoped to have the map ready by year's end. We didn't make that goal, which itself was not the first time we missed a goal. We're still plugging away.
Soon, although the map will not be released until we are as happy with the result as we want you all to be.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984 |
Thanks for the update, Persecutor, despite most of us being extremely impatient we know that the wait will be worth it. The continued updates that you lads provide show this to be true. Pass our thanks for your continued hard efforts to all of your squad for us please, we do really appreciate it even when it looks like we don't.  S!
Avatar
Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 50
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 50 |
Persecutor, I have enough problems making missions also I am a bit picky so I try to do my best. I can therefore understand that when you do something like this, you have a huge pride in your work. From what I have seen you have a lot to be proud of and it's ready when its ready. I can imagine it must have taken over your life but be sure it will be massively appreciated (and enjoyed for a long time by this community hopefully). The scope it gives for mission building is massive and the campaigns that may be generated is endless - Deep Joy!!. Many thanks for the update. ATB - Mort
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024 |
I'm looking forward to this map even more after flying WOP. The visuals are very well done in WOP, but the flying experience for me, is more satisfactory in IL-2. A full scale Battle of Britain map with the detail I've seen in your screenshots will be high water mark in the IL-2 series.
Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4 Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard 16 gigs DDR3 2133 EVGA GTX980Ti Oculus Rift LG 37" LCD BLack Mamba III Joystick Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers Saitek Pro Rudder pedals Voice Activation Controls
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26 |
Thanks for the update.  Wheels
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,785
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,785 |
352nd - Thanks for the work that is going into this project. If I may make a request, please give as much detail to the roads and rail networks link to towns, airfields, railyards, factories and shipyards as you are the wonderful eyecandy. They are very important to the usability of this map in campaigns.
Thanks
C.O. No 91 'Nigeria' Squadron ______________ WE SEEK ALONE
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 330
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 330 |
Thanks for the update. I always try to do something that keeps me busy, when I read this thread. So I just won't try to wonder too much. You know I could loose sleep over things like that. Not knowing when, how and why.
Thanks anyway! I'll give y'all a big hug when y'all done.
cogito, ergo zoom
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26 |
Went through and looked at the screenshots again...Still lovely.
Wheels
(Post # 3200)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,592 Likes: 41
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,592 Likes: 41 |
Went through and looked at the screenshots again...Still lovely That's the politest nudge I've read in a while! RedToo
My 'Waiting for Clod' thread: https://tinyurl.com/4n82j75zAlways take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.Elie Wiesel. Romanian born Jewish writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, Holocaust survivor. 1928 - 2016. Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. C.S. Lewis, 1898 - 1963.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,376
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,376 |
Guys, I did say it was a MINOR observation, it's no biggy at all, the map looks fantastic! One thing I would request though is the inclusion of Shoreham airfield in the map. It's the oldest airfield in the UK (since 1910) & had quite a war record as a Tangmere satelite & emergency recovery airfield. During WW2 it was home to a RAF SAR sqn & the FFAF so isn't heavily recorded in alot of literature. Also it was the site of the the 1st RAF kill during BoB proper (Adler Tag onwards) so for SAR & FFAF purposes it's very relevant, several B26's & a B17 made emergency landings there. It's also been used in numerous films/TV series (Tenko, Da Vinci Code etc). It was also the 1 friendly airfield used by Clostermann after downing 2 FW190s! Here's a pic of the BF109 downed on Adler Tag, you can see the Hangars & control tower in the background (There's a railway line in between) :- BTW Shoreham is also the venue for the official RAFA BoB Airshow nowadays, I can post pics if anyone's interested. I've kept out of this thread until now, but that is my "home field" too. I am looking forward to flying up the river Adur and trying not to fly into the Steyning Bowl once the map is released! 
Foot down, head down...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 50
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 50 |
DaveyRaveyGravey (great name btw!!) concur with your request, my father was on the RAF crash crew at Tangmere and met my mother (lived near Midhurst W Sussex - Easebourne actually) during the War. We need to fly over the Adur and Arun and relive a bygone age.
As Ken Dod once said "I'm very sentimental - half sent - half mental !!"
All the Best - Mort
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 583
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 583 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024 |
The map may see the light of day in May.
Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4 Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard 16 gigs DDR3 2133 EVGA GTX980Ti Oculus Rift LG 37" LCD BLack Mamba III Joystick Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers Saitek Pro Rudder pedals Voice Activation Controls
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 330
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 330 |
Did you write this comment on the 1st of April? No, seriously this is promising. Can't wait!
cogito, ergo zoom
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103 |
The map may see the light of day in May. We're working feverishly to make that happen. For the first time I can actually say that we may really meet this deadline!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024 |
Thanks Persecutor I've been sorta patient waiting for this map.  I'm sure everyone will be enjoying this map for sometime. Are the roads and railways very accurate for 1940's England and France. It would be nice if SOW BOB and your IL-2 BOB map were close to historically accurate. Especially if we want to use your map to learn to navigate the map visually. I've bought a very good "Authentic 1938 Series RAF Edition Map" from the BOB WOV site, that I hope will be somewhat helpfull. http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=24~Salute~ JG27+Chivas
Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4 Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard 16 gigs DDR3 2133 EVGA GTX980Ti Oculus Rift LG 37" LCD BLack Mamba III Joystick Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers Saitek Pro Rudder pedals Voice Activation Controls
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26 |
That will be good news Pers.  Wheels
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|