SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 10 of 78 1 2 … 8 9 10 11 12 … 77 78
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
I have no problem putting spaces in my name ... Hmmm.


Snuffy - Ted
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 22
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 22
For any reason my squad mates seem useless..I�m doing a Dr.1 career,i�m flight leader and It�s impossible for my squad mates to stay in formation when i go in a descending flight,even when its just a slightly descending flight,they just stay at a height of 3000m and thats it...So all the time i�m on my own against enemy aircrafts.Anybody else seen this?
Greetings

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Are you using squadron commander hand signals?


Snuffy - Ted
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 22
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 22
Yap..Alt 5 for formation and alt 1 for attack

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Hi All. Still dealing with a dead computer so my ability to help is limited.

I don't know why AI flying one plane would be hosed. Does this happen only in missions generated by RofCampaign?

Last edited by PatrickAWilson; 01/08/10 11:26 PM.
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 22
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 22
I only see this problem in Campaign Generator 2.0 missions.In RoF-generated missions my squad mates behave like they should.In CamGen 2.0 they dont follow because they have real problems to descend,On patrol,in dogfight,before landing,always.I�ve also seen this on other AI flights of Fok.Dr1.
The leader went on the enemy below him and his squad mates stayed way above him and circled,trying to get lower but they couldn�t for any reason

Last edited by DerMo; 01/09/10 06:06 PM.
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
I've not played a DR 1 effort yet, I'll have to try one I guess. smile


Snuffy - Ted
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,421
O
Senior Member
Senior Member
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,421
S! all. I Fly as "TheDuck" in ROF

I am trying to get this most excellent campaign tool to work.

I have windows 7

I have plaed the folder in the main ROF directory as suggested.

I must be just plane dumb but i cant get this to work.

I placed the folder into the main directory of ROF

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rise of Flight

I click on the executable and up comes the program, i set up a campaign and what i get is the following when i try to create a mission

data\missions\TheDuck 1.9.1917.mis (path specified cannot be found)

any ideas

cheers

TheDuck (formerly OzZiggy in EAW and Il2)

Also, i am evangalising about this game to my squad mates. We mostly fly mission generated coop games in IL2 using the DCG generator tools etc. Would it be, in your opinion possible to create the ROF campaign using this tool, go in with the Mission Editor and make "my squadron" all player flyable. I havent looked at the ME much yet but this would be a god send if possible as it would allow me to run a multiplyer coop campaign with my squad mates just like they currently do with Il2

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 58
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 58
can you try installing your game to a differnet directory than C:\Program Files (x86)?
i had some weird problems under vista when i installed games to that directory. i switched to installing my games to c:\games.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Thanks for reply mate, I hope your computer woes are coming to an end, I really appreciate it and all your hard work to make this game better.

My problems are all fixed(well those that don�t require a serious psychologist are anyway). I had just made the dumb error of extracting the folder to the place where I downloaded it too. This created a folder called ROF Campaign in which THE folder called ROF Campaign was placed . I had placed this into the ROF directory. Hence I had one level of folders too many if that makes sense. Once I fixed this, it all worked. I am such a wombat!

Whilst I have your attention may I make a request? Would it be possible to have the auto generator make multiplayer missions that are campaign oriented. What I am looking for is �one side flying human� vs the AI. In this way it would be possible to generate campaigns that could be flown as a team against the computer. This would be great fun for online squads and give them a practice ground in which to fly as a team with all the immersion of a campaign before venturing online to get slaughtered (My squad is a bunch of blokes who like me aren�t that good). At present in IL2 we just generate serial missions and configure planes as human flyable but that leaves the mission creator (me or one or two others in my squad) knowing exactly what is going to happen which like it or not gets a little less immersive over time 

I have only just started with the ROF ME ( I am on lesson two) so I have no idea how complicated my request actually is  My guess is it is pretty complicated as the mission would have to be �scaled� somehow to account for 4,8 or 12 friendly �human� pilots and the opposition ramped up by this scaling

Cheers TheDuck (aka OzZiggy)

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
I am about two weeks away from a new computer. I will pick things up then.

I'm not sure what it takes to make a mission multiplayer, butI don't think that it is too hard. Mostly designating planes as human flyable, I think.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,421
O
Senior Member
Senior Member
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,421
Thanks for the reply Patrick and good luck with your computer. I too may be looking for computer "bits" so let me know what you decided on as far as a replacement graphics card goes. I would be interested to know.

cheers

Oz

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
New computer is up and running. All source code was saved. I'll be back at it shortly.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Good news indeed Patrick! Good Luck.


Snuffy - Ted
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,093
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,093
PatrickAWilson,

Thanks for making RoF fun, for all its beauty and uniqueness RoF is downright canned and tedious on the combat side of things with little immersion.

However your RoF Campaign (while technically single missions) creates a wonderful experience that immerses the player.

Not only do the missions feel right as in the flight paths and the destinations but the world has other aircraft that are doing their own thing and are not triggered because I happened to run through some magical aircraft generator.

I now have to look around me as I fly because my flight might actually get jumped by the enemy and it is a joy to no longer be required to rush to the magical aircraft generator.

Last but not least the combat has been taken to a whole new level. It is free flowing over a vast area and the enemy are more capable, something I put down the height in which the combat takes place.

Thanks for making RoF a game I anticipate playing.


Cheers,

Teddy B�r

One of the stupidest things in game design is the lack of uncertainty given to the player

"beatings will continue until morale improves" brought to you by Ubisoft DRM!
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 175
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 175
It's a great addition to the game indeed.

However, let me report some "bugs":

Yesterday I attacked an enemy formation alone. They kept flying straight, until every one of them went down in flames.

Also, when the leader is an AI, it does weird things: sometimes they dive, heading for an enemy formation in the distance, but they don't attack, just circle there. I think it's best if I lead the formation wink

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Hi all:

If you ever come across an issue please send me the mission file. It is the key to debugging things.

Reflected:
I purposely have no "high priority" waypoints to avoid the very issue that you describe. AI should always react to being attacked. Obviously there is a scenario that I am not properly accounting for.

If you still have the mission file please send it to me. Thanks.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
I've had that very same situation happen to me on a number of occasions, where a flight of E/A just keeps flying straight and doesn't react to being attacked.

And to make matters "worse", every friendly in the area focus' in on those same aircraft that I'm trying to take out with my squad ... it gets very dangerous up there some times with 8 or more friendlies trying to get on the 6 of an E/A .... I've seen multiple friendlies collide and take each other out in the process.

I'll make sure that if I get another one of those senarios Patrick, I'll send it to you.


Snuffy - Ted
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
Dear Pat,

Just wondered if you were around. I have sent you a PM

regards
Wol

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 175
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 175
I believe I found a pattern: flights assigned to protect a balloon don't react to anything.

Also, when there are MG's around, my flight leader starts to circle down to ground level, and fly above him without attacking.

As soon as I turn MGs and balloons off everything works flawlessly. (and my game is a lot faster smile )

otherwise it's absolutely brilliant! I got fed up with MP lately so I joined 56 squadron wink

Last edited by Reflected; 02/09/10 08:52 AM.
Page 10 of 78 1 2 … 8 9 10 11 12 … 77 78

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,798 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1