SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,288
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,288
Originally Posted By: Longbow fanatic
will these hi res textures work with Arneh's upcoming avionics modernizaton update??


Yes.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,662
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,662
Originally Posted By: Aeyes
Now the following might be nonsense to you, but I hope, like Arneh's excellent work does, to help attract more peoiple to EECH, and this means as a result, also attract more modders to EECH.

I see this as a milestone. A compliment for the game, to have matured so much to attract payware.

Originally Posted By: Aeyes
I have been in contact with Arneh before and about this release and we talked about a lot of things, and I would like to keep that private. But as far as I can see we have a good developer relation. Only Arneh can judge about morally wrong or not imo.

Respect. I think it's a professional approach [to ask the creator first for permission].

Though. It seems a bit out of balance. To have Arneh's tons of add-ons for free and pay for a relative small add on like textures.

I thank you for your add-on and I have no problem this game is attracting payware developers. It's a new phenomenon for me.

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 123
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 123
I could not hold myself and bought the cockpit textures. And yes, i do not regret it, although 11.50 � is not at all cheap for that update.

The textures add a lot of realism, by their very nice detail. One can see that Aeyes really cared about doing a good job, and not just offering something half-done.

Here's one screenshot for you. If you right-click and save it, you can see it in the full resolution.



Last edited by Falcon99; 12/14/09 02:55 AM.
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,834
C
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Senior Member
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,834
I keep meaning to get around to getting this. I will once I get my butt in gear.


Corsair8X

virtually making history 30mm at a time
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
Originally Posted By: Falcon99
Here's one screenshot for you. If you right-click and save it, you can see it in the full resolution.

You can also view the original if you click the Reply button on the post containing the image.


"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 123
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 123
Originally Posted By: Brennus

You can also view the original if you click the Reply button on the post containing the image.


Ah cool, did not know about that! Thanks! smile

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
Oh now that is just excellent

Quote:
The EECH licence you agreed to
3. GENERAL OBLIGATIONS
3.1 In consideration of the licence granted in clause 2.1 you now agree:
3.1.4 not (and not to allow any third party) to profit or make any charge for the Source Code, or Executable Code, any Exploitation of the Source Code or Executable Code, or for any Derivative Works;


More than six years since the code was released - what took you so long? I am sure all previous contributions were not worthy compared to your textures rolleyes


Mr. Zorg: If ya want something done...do it yourself!!
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 990
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 990
Up until this point people have busted their chops to make excellent free content for our little gem of a sim,that is of course until now. rolleyes

I understand time means money for some but after all the hard work people have volunteered for this community why now?


AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHZ,MSI K9A2 CF V2 MB,6GB Corsair DDR2 Ram,EVGA Geforce GTX560 1GB,500GB Seagate drive,200GB WD drive.
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 509
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 509
Originally Posted By: Retro
Oh now that is just excellent

More than six years since the code was released - what took you so long? I am sure all previous contributions were not worthy compared to your textures rolleyes


Yes they are, not were.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 509
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 509
Originally Posted By: akwar
Up until this point people have busted their chops to make excellent free content for our little gem of a sim,that is of course until now. rolleyes

I understand time means money for some but after all the hard work people have volunteered for this community why now?


Why now was back in september.
Someone pointed me to current EECH, specifically asking about Apache cockpit upgrades. I did, worked hard on it and people are free to decide if they want it or not. Now to ease you guys mind a bit, right now it does not look like there will be more EECH cockpit add-ons from me. I have too many other projects going on simultaneously and the interest for the Apache cockpit graphics was very low. Two major reasons to focus on other things.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,142
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,142
Thanks for your efforts on the Apache pit Aeyes, it was an excellant addon to this timeless sim smile

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 84
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 84
Good work indeed. Appreciated and supported.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,834
C
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Senior Member
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,834
I never had a problem with this. I haven't got around to buying it yet, but I will. I procrastinate a lot.

Now, would one of those side projects be more artwork for sale? It's a great collection and I for one would like to see some more - something from the F-15E perhaps, maybe something from the Apache. I need to decorate my new man-cave.


Corsair8X

virtually making history 30mm at a time
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 509
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 509
Originally Posted By: Corsair8X
Now, would one of those side projects be more artwork for sale? It's a great collection and I for one would like to see some more - something from the F-15E perhaps, maybe something from the Apache. I need to decorate my new man-cave.


The Strike Eagle certainly deserves some nice in-action artwork. Sofar I liked to combine it with some historical event, any suggestions ?
I also have a F-4 Phantom in mind, working on a cockpit for it now, maybe BG Robin Olds in a certain mission.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,834
C
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Senior Member
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,834
Yeah, maybe a cockpit shot of his last kill.

F-15E really came into their own during Desert Storm. I know of one mission blowing up a bridge somewhere - perhaps that could be the theme - cockpit shot of the dive and the drop. I know that the group came in one-by-one and from the sounds of things the guy telling the story nearly got caught up in the blast because their spacing was a little off so it sounds like a CCIP pass. They were dropping Mk-84s.


Corsair8X

virtually making history 30mm at a time
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 123
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 123
Originally Posted By: Aeyes
and the interest for the Apache cockpit graphics was very low.


Sorry to hear that. At least i can say that i am one of the persons who supported you by buying the Apache cockpit.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
I have just bought the cockpit textures and it will not install. I get this message 'Abort setup: Razorworks EECH not found'. I have the Razorworks folder in the default location C:\Razorworks.

Whats going on?

EDIT: sorted now thanks to Aeyes.

Last edited by MaceUK33; 01/10/10 09:16 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,129 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1