SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Originally Posted By: EAF331 MadDog
How about a very well illustrated series of SimHQ articles on female mud wrestling?


Yeah, you're right. That does sound more interesting..... biggrin


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115
"Does Foxy dictate the programmability of the Cougar? No."

Does this matter? No.


"Can a user program his Cougar fully without Foxy installed? Yes."

Does this matter? No.


"Now can a CH user combine his controllers into one and program them without Control Manager installed? No."

Does this matter? No.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 360
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 360
Soooooo, anyways, what's the scoop on the new (?) Logitech HOTAS?

Last edited by Inferno; 10/22/09 03:21 PM.

BLAAARRRGG
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
J
Joe Offline
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
Originally Posted By: zcaa0g

"Now can a CH user combine his controllers into one and program them without Control Manager installed? No."

Does this matter? No.


Depends on the sim wink

Back on topic...

What's the BEST HOTAS? Well, I've already got it IMO. But...


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
James, please, we both know the history of both softwares. And they both began with one man. He just decided to switch camps and you picked up the ball and took it to where Foxy is today. Nothing wrong with that, matter o' fact I'm quite sure Cougar owners all over the world admire and thank you for what you've given them. But, be honest with yourself, has Foxy kept pace with Control Manager?


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,608
G
Old School
Senior Member
Old School
Senior Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,608
Ghost, your bias toward CH Products if world famous. So much so it makes me sick, so sick that every time I've thought about buying some CH gear, I stop myself. Your rabid fanboi act has gone to far for some.


Regno, Regnavi, Sum sine regno, Regnabo
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
Originally Posted By: Grim_Death
Ghost, your bias toward CH Products if world famous. So much so it makes me sick, so sick that every time I've thought about buying some CH gear, I stop myself. Your rabid fanboi act has gone to far for some.


Sooooo stating the truth about [insert brand name HOTAS] is bias, and makes you ill. May I suggest actually looking into what I've posted? I've tried and liked some features of brands X, Y and Z. I just happend to settle for nothing less (for me) than the best. The best in regards to, programability, support, ruggedness. Oh, and they're modable too wink CH Products Fanboi? Okay, I'll wear that badge proudly! biggrin Ask anybody that knows me here, (and I'll say this again) I could care less what you fly with, be happy with your decision.

cheers


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 513
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 513
OK well here is my take on it....again. First off I do not work for and I am in no way affiliated with TM. I have recommended many Cougars and have three of my own. My Uber 2NXT MODDED and FSSB modded Cougars beat the living hell out of any CH period. I should not even mention those in the same sentence as CH. Those MODS of course cost an awful lot more than a stock kitty or a CH so let�s move on to that point next......

There is a lot of incorrect, overstated, exaggerated and outright misinformation being posted by the CH camp (also again and as usual). Stock Cougars are every bit as good as any stock CH. Yes I have opened the stick and I know the internals pretty well. I have also used 50 cents worth of Mylar and two staples to alleviate the potential wear/increased center play over time issue that many exaggerate as a disastrous defect that will cost you hundreds of dollars to MOD. That is a LIE! It is simply is not the case.

For the many stock Cougar owners out there that I know and have recommended the product to none of them, absolutely none of them are dissatisfied with their Kitty�s and many have owned them for a number of years. The potentiometers in the Cougars are nowhere near any type of serious issue and rarely need to be replaced, again many I know with stock Cougars have never had to.

Programming:
The CH does indeed have more in depth programming capabilities but Foxy leaves you wanting for absolutely nothing in that department. Both Foxy and CM are far more than any one will ever need in advanced programming capabilities.

Also the Cougar is all metal and ergonomically beautiful, massive and substantial, cold and cool. Don't believe everything you read.

I can�t wait to see the A-10 warthog HOTAS.

Out

Last edited by PoleCat; 10/23/09 01:30 PM.
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
Is it just me or is this CH vs Kitty debate looking alot like Rock-em Sock-em Robots! lol
duel
I have both and I like.................................


DFord8 aka SlapStik
Intel i7 2600K SB, DDR3 1600 8 gb ram, Win7 64,
EVGA GTX 570 1280gb, Intel 80gb SSD.
TM Warthog #1547, MFD pack, CH PP & TIR4


Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 61
L
Wing Mounted SB-800's
Junior Member
Wing Mounted SB-800's
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 61
I purchased a Uber 2NXT MODDED Cougar. I did not like it. I tried.. SO HARD I tried to like it after I spend the money I did. It just did not have the precision teh CH Setup had out of the box. If I had not used a CH prior I probly would have liked it. It did look cool as hell.

CH is not perfect but for precision and durability it is second to none from my experience. So the kitty has been sold and teh CH is back on the desk.


AMD 965BE, MSI790FX-GD70, 8GB GSKILL DDR3, 8800GTS, 850PCPower&Cooling PSU, CoolerMaster Cosmos Case,Win7,CH Products FSPPPT, TrackIR4, Wacom Tablet and a couple of NikonD300's for recon flights...

www.raf74.com
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
Funny about this eternal "What is the best HOTAS" (a hardware) question around forums is every time end in "the best software" discussion. hahaha

Sokol1

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
2
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
2 Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
Ladies and Germs, the thing I like (and dislike) about simmers is how passionate and opinionated we are. I count myself in there as well.

We each have our own perceptions, our own biases, our own opinions. That is as it should be. It doesn't make one "right" and the other "wrong". I don't mind sharing interests and those perceptions, but any animosity needs to be checked at the door.


Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 115
Originally Posted By: 531 Ghost
Originally Posted By: zcaa0g

"Now can a CH user combine his controllers into one and program them without Control Manager installed? No."

Does this matter? No.


Depends on the sim wink

Back on topic...

What's the BEST HOTAS? Well, I've already got it IMO. But...


Hey Ghost, what I meant was who cares if the Control Manager is installed? It's not like it has any negative level of overhead and anyone who is going to buy a HOTAS setup isn't exactly going to operate it like it is a 2 button stick or something. smile

And being able to combine all of the controllers as a single device is one of many reasons why I went the CH Products route. I simply don't view having to have the CH Control Manager installed as being a negative.

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 529
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 529
Originally Posted By: 531 Ghost
James, please, we both know the history of both softwares. And they both began with one man.


Ok let's clear something up here Ghost. You have no idea about the history of the softwares. So let me educate you. Fox 2, from which Foxy is ultimately derived began before I knew Bob. The work we did together subsequently was great fun and very educational for me. My history with TM controllers and the controller community predates what you and your ilk have become synonymous with. Why you continue to deride my work, or make comparisons when you've never used it, has me confused. It's not an intelligent thing to do, so why persist? If you're so impressed with the CH and its software, then let them sell themselves on their own merits. Why do you and the CH camp continue with this underhand and childish behaviour across the forums?

Originally Posted By: 531 Ghost
But, be honest with yourself, has Foxy kept pace with Control Manager?


Kept pace? Are you joking me? I see you still have no clue as to what Foxy is and what the Control Manager is. You make comparisons with no experience or knowledge of Foxy but you continue to deride it. How can you make statements about Foxy with no knowledge of it? You and others still think Foxy defines the programmability of the Cougar. The features of Foxy and its applications are extensive. Go and see what it can do and you will see an extensive list of features absent in other software.

But best of all, just grow up and stop all of this crap once and for all.

Nutty


James "Nutty" Hallows
ViperDrivers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,372
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,372
Hey guys... Can we stop the back and forth barbs here now? Not only is it bad form here, but it is pointless... CH and TM BOTH make excellent products. Some prefer one over the other. Others like both. Both companies are winners in my book. End of story.

Seriously, it's reminding me of the old Combatsim.com in here right about now...

-Skater


"As Iron Sharpens Iron, so does a friend sharpen a friend." Proverbs 27:17
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
Never, ever, underestimate the ability of people to discount Occam's Razor. - Dart
"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
J
Joe Offline
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
James, if you could answer my technical questions I think we all might gain a better understanding of the Foxy/Cougar combination. You've said multiple times in this thread that Foxy does not define the programmability of the Cougar. As zcaa0g said: "Does this matter? No." It doesn't, because everyone that's programming their Cougar uses Foxy (just like everyone that's using their CH hardware in its complicated form uses Control Manager).

So, why make statements like this without giving the readers of this thread any information about why you are making such statements? I'm trying to learn something and it's not working out very well.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
2
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
2 Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
I see my well intentioned advice got passed right over. You guys just cannot help but dig into each other.

My finger is hovering over the button on this thread. Prove me wrong and respond with civility.


Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 55
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 55
Maybe as the OP i should have said "what is the preferred Hotas to us with BS" out of the 3 that i have already mentioned.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,679 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1