SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 … 14 15
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Yeah, it's not enough for me to just say I'm sorry for the loss - because he was such a huge part of this site. One look at his post count tells the story. I had just exchanged a few PMs with him just a week ago about Armed Assault II. He was encouraging me to take a look at the helos in Armed Assault as perhaps a future article for the site. I confided in him what my next article was going to be about and he gave me a big thumbs up. He was always helpful, informative, and clearly had a great love for flight sims and participating in the community. For his friends and family, they should just know that his little slice of life here at SimHQ was not small at all..he was a major piece of this place and we have a big hole in our hearts for the loss of our friend.

Chris



Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
Lifer
Lifer
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
Pretty much lost for words. Positive G was one of the people here who i considered a friend although i never met him. I had meant to give him feedback on Playclaw which he recommended in this post.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2844253/Re_STICKY_Image_video_hosting_.html#Post2844253

Something i had been looking for, for a long time.

~S~ +G you'll be missed bud.

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
L
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
Don't know what to say. He was a good guy!

Rest in peace, friend!


There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
B
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
Never really made friendship with him ,but i enjoyed reading his posts. He will be missed, my sincere condolences for the family in such a troublesome time.

I don't know if i should mention it, but how odd it is that only months ago we've talked about this scenario, if we had someone to report our death and if we would be missed online,well "+G" Mr Kevin, you will sir, and if i had the oportunity to met you in person, would even more.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,039
Likes: 3
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,039
Likes: 3
can't say that I knew/dealt with him personally but I was certainly aware of him through his posts - as said already "one of the good guys".
43 is too young to go. frown

Condolences to the family.


"Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"

www.CombatACE.com SF P1/WOV/WOE/First Eagles flunky

abit forums
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
We were all the richer for his being around; he'll be missed in so many ways.


The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,908
B
Bullet Magnet
Member
Bullet Magnet
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,908
I am at a loss, words fail me. Condolences to family and friends.

frown


"My doctor says I wouldn't get so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger out of there." - Ralph Wiggum
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Last Monday I had logged on early to the Armed Assault 2 server and ended up playing a mission where it was just the two of us. He seemed to be in such a good mood and at least for me, he seemed to have this gift where you just felt right at home talking to him. I played ArmA 2 again tonight on the SimHQ server and all of us present were talking about him and you could just feel the heavyness of the mood.


Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 09/01/09 03:36 AM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,961
Pitbull Tickler
Member
Pitbull Tickler
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,961
I really regret not ever getting on the Arma server with him. Always enjoyed having him in the forum. My condolences to his family. I am saddened by the news.

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,558
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,558
Damn. See ya on the other side +G.


"He's not just a regular moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived."
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 9,077
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 9,077
He will be missed, he was a good member, and friend to many here. Puts

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,680
E
Wild road...
Senior Member
Wild road...
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,680
oh man...

Wow, terrible news, I'll miss his presence here.


Full fathom five, thy father lies

Harold Kahler, O4 USAF F-105D, Lincoln NE, MIA 6/14/69 LAOS
GBNF

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,583
L
Old Guy
Member
Old Guy
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,583
My condolences to his family.


Core i9 10900k @ 5.0GHz
Corsair H115i CPU cooler
Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula
Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 OC 8GB DDR6
32GB Team T-Force Night Hawk DDR4 3200,
Corsair HX850i 850W PSU
TIR5 With Trackclip Pro
Win 10 x64
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 947
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 947
I haven't been here long, but I always enjoyed and respected his comments. I wish I'd been able to game with him, he seemed like a great man. A tragedy to have been taken from his loved ones so soon.

My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
J
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
It's been several hours since I found out and I still don't know what to say. I loved his guide to keep Longbow2 up and running, and of course SimHQ Arma nights.

RIP

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,187
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,187
Very sad news, 43 is far to young to die. I will miss his posts here, he was a really great community member, and like his handle, a positive sort of a fella. You will, I'm sure, be greatly missed.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 649
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 649
Horrible news. He always came across as a very nice guy. He will be missed here.

But most of all, condolences to his family.

Far too young to go.



Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,625
M
XBL: GrizzlyBear83 PSN: GrizzlyBear1983
Senior Member
XBL: GrizzlyBear83 PSN: GrizzlyBear1983
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,625
Very sad, only knew him online, but he was a outstanding guy, we had some great online gaming times on Xbox Live. He was a great guy. Very tragic.

Last edited by M@verick; 09/01/09 06:14 AM.

Xbox Live: GrizzlyBear83
PSN: GrizzlyBear1983
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,057
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,057
My condolences to his family and all his friends here at SimHQ.

Very sad.

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,450
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,450
My condolences to his family.

Gonna miss you, +G.


4H_V-man

System Specs:
MSI 870 A-G54
AMD X4 Phenom II @ 3.4 ghz
8 Gb DDR3 1333 RAM
1 Tb Western Digital
250 Gb Western Digital
320 Gb Seagate
Radeon HD 6970 graphics
Thermaltake 650 Modualar power supply
Thermaltake Element V full tower
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 … 14 15

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,643 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1