SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#2822088 07/19/09 05:43 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 196
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 196
For Steel Fury!
http://tanksim.org.ru/wfdownloads-viewcat.cid-15.htm

Thanks to the mod makers for still working on this sim.


Those that forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
A big thanks from me.

SF is one of the most under rated games released in recent years.

I've never been a big tank sim fan but the atmosphere in this game is second to none.

Highly recommended.

Just wish Flau Blue was released in the UK.

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,119
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,119
Thanks for the heads up Schweppes, got it DL'ed, installed and up and running. I really like how this sim keeps growing despite it's apparent lack of fan support here in the US. I'm really stumpted why so many feel that SFK:42 is a sub par game, I would really like to know what the heck they are comparing it too. My only regret is I do not have a hard copy (DD) sigh


"It's the man, not the machine" Gen Chuck Yeager
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 196
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 196
I agree with both of you! its an really good sim but it seems somewhat quiet around it.
I just wish some things were better like crew managment and a real campaign not just single missions,and MP. Other than that it is a piece of art.


Those that forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,119
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,119
Originally Posted By: Schweppes
I agree with both of you! its an really good sim but it seems somewhat quiet around it.
I just wish some things were better like crew managment and a real campaign not just single missions,and MP. Other than that it is a piece of art.


Hi Schweppes,
Are you sure your not confusing T-34 vs Tiger with SFK:42? SFK:42 does not have MP but does have campaigns and single missions. T-34 vs Tiger has MP and a couple of single missions and no campaign. Also in SFK:42 you can assign your crew to different positions in case of injury or death, I do not lnow if T-34 vs Tiger has that feature.

Last edited by godzilla1985; 08/04/09 01:21 AM. Reason: added

"It's the man, not the machine" Gen Chuck Yeager
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,119
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,119
Originally Posted By: Wodin
A big thanks from me.

SF is one of the most under rated games released in recent years.

I've never been a big tank sim fan but the atmosphere in this game is second to none.

Highly recommended.

Just wish Flau Blue was released in the UK.

Hi Wodin,
I totally agree SFK:42 is a very underated WW2 tank sim, IMHO it's the best we have seen to date. As for Fall Blau I wouldn't hold my breath. My understanding is Graviteam has given the game to Discus the RU publisher and from there I have heard 2 different stories.
1). Discus is holding the game back because of the losses it incured when Lighthouse Interactive (The Western Distributor for SFK:42) went belly up and "they are waiting for better times" as quoted at Tanksim.RU
2). Graviteam is holding back the Fall Blau master until they get paid in full from Discus for SFK:42. This is a possible senerio since if Discus didn't get paid from Lighthouse it's problematic if Graviteam ever got paid in full either.

In either event it's highly unlikley Fall Blau will ever see the light of day. The only silver lining is after Graviteam releases Steel Fury Karakov 43: FRONT ROADS they said another WW2 Tank sim like SFK:42 is in the works based off of SFK43:FRONT ROADS game. It sounds very interesting. In case you missed it I did an interview with Vlad Zayarniy the CEO of Graviteam for SimHq a couple of months back, check it out.


"It's the man, not the machine" Gen Chuck Yeager
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
HEY! I did name it game of the year last year here at SimHQ, lol... and I agree... every time I boot it up and play I say... "why in the hell this game ain't played and supported more is beyond me." lol

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,119
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,119
hahaha Yes Magnum you certainly did name SFK:42 game of the year so you definately were well ahead of the pack on this one, my apologies for not giving you your props and my kudo's for nailing it dead on with SFK:42 last year thumbsup


"It's the man, not the machine" Gen Chuck Yeager
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12,110
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12,110
Maybe you guys could update this poor excuse of a Wiki article?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_fury

Also where do you buy it?
I'm sure several folks here would pick it up and get into it.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,405
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,405
the NWS Online Gaming store has it for $34.99.

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/stfukh191.html

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12,110
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12,110
Thanks, I see they sell a few older flight sims, one of them being a Jane's title. Wonder if they could sell LongBow2 on there?

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 7,126
T
Hotshot
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 7,126
This is still one of the best Steel Fury videos ever made. Almost as if you are really there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzMfWTd8z-A

Oh, I haven't even gotten Steel Fury yet. Played the demo, but the non english version is really a put off despite a great tank sim.


"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,513 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1