SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 … 8 9 10
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,686
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,686
Hay, guys, you know what?.. you all sound like you are paranoid about any kind of critical observations that are brought up and use this rebuttal accusation that one is criticizing only to encourage others not to buy ROF.

I've been here the whole time, since ROF/Knights of the Air started and I've seen very few people say that they aren't buying ROF, or encouraging others not to buy it for any of these criticisms except for some who complain about the on line requirements.

Here are a few of my "negative" observations from what I have seen so far in many videos (not in all, but in many) They've been brought up by me and by others:

The AI being pursued don't seem to take very aggressive evasive action.

The rivers look really weird and un-natural.

The pilots look too small and out of scale in their planes.

The rivers look way too clean, they weren't pristine like that and rarely that clear. It's a neat effect, but it doesn't look believable.

The battle ground terrain tiles look like they need a lot more work and are monotonous patterns.

There is too much grass on runways and other areas in many shots.

There appears to only be scripted missions possible.

The game is being released with very lean content of flyable planes, etc.

Most of these things can be fixed or will be hopefully added to.. not sure about the on line requirement, the AI or the lack of a dynamic campaign, I'll wait till I get ROF to pass judgment.

Yep, I said I would wait till I get ROF, I ordered it when it was first put up, have no regrets and have encouraged others to buy it too.

I've also waxed enthusiastic over all the positive things I've seen so far.. most of the graphics are superb.. the lighting, the feeling of being up there, the clouds, the sound and ambiance, the CP details, the damage model details, what I've seen of the apparent attention to the fm of the planes and how they interact with air turbulence, etc.

I'm very eager to get ROF, I'm also eager to see them improve some things so far that I, and others, see as less then well done, or just not looking right.

OK? reading


rabu ...[|8~'

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i7 3.4GHZ Quad-Core
Gigabyte GA-Z68A LGA1155 MOB
G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 SDRAM
XFX GeForce GTS250 1gb w/22" LCD 1680x1050 32x dpi96
SB X-Fi audio card
OCZ ZT 650W PSU
3 WD 7200rpm 3GB/Sec SATA drives

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

rabu #2747430 06/22/09 03:13 AM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 867
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 867

You've talked me into it Rabu you enthusiatic waxer you. I'm cancelling the cancellation of my pre-order !

catch #2747445 06/22/09 03:43 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,686
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,686
Originally Posted By: catch

You've talked me into it Rabu you enthusiatic waxer you. I'm cancelling the cancellation of my pre-order !


Thank God, I was really worried about you guys. Carnuuubaaa.. grrr


rabu ...[|8~'

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i7 3.4GHZ Quad-Core
Gigabyte GA-Z68A LGA1155 MOB
G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 SDRAM
XFX GeForce GTS250 1gb w/22" LCD 1680x1050 32x dpi96
SB X-Fi audio card
OCZ ZT 650W PSU
3 WD 7200rpm 3GB/Sec SATA drives

rabu #2747471 06/22/09 05:44 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 273
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 273
Thanks for your post, rabu! Putting all of your concerns into one post gives a lot of people on the fence some objective material to make a decision with before buying.

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,686
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,686
Originally Posted By: franksvalli
Thanks for your post, rabu! Putting all of your concerns into one post gives a lot of people on the fence some objective material to make a decision with before buying.


Really, the only thing on this list that I really think is going to make some people shy away from purchasing ROF is the lean content and the on line requirement.. and maybe the off line experience, but we don't even know for sure yet about that. For those few hesitating, they just need to wait and then read the feedback that will start coming in from those who play the game off line and can give an objective comparison to other known WWI sims like RedBaron, OverFlandersFields, First Eagles, and the new IL2 WWI sim when it comes out.

I think most are going to buy it now though.. think about it, if you really don't like ROF you can always sell it on Ebay for not much less then you paid for it. I doubt you will see too many listed though.

As stated by FlyX ROF will be a continual work that will have patches and add ons, so we can expect a lot of fixes, improvements and add ons over time as long as they can stay in business, so, I say, support them. cheers


rabu ...[|8~'

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i7 3.4GHZ Quad-Core
Gigabyte GA-Z68A LGA1155 MOB
G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 SDRAM
XFX GeForce GTS250 1gb w/22" LCD 1680x1050 32x dpi96
SB X-Fi audio card
OCZ ZT 650W PSU
3 WD 7200rpm 3GB/Sec SATA drives

rabu #2747718 06/22/09 06:18 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 146
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 146
Originally Posted By: rabu
I think most are going to buy it now though.. think about it, if you really don't like ROF you can always sell it on Ebay for not much less then you paid for it. I doubt you will see too many listed though.


But can it? we have to register the game serial on the web which is linked to our email address and user name when logging in as far as i can gather, so can it be re-registered??

jared17 #2829429 07/29/09 06:23 AM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 61
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 61
may be humor? smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmaEG3rvtAs

no realistic but fun

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
reminds me of these real life take-offs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59s72vYQqsI&feature=related

Wind = air speed smile


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
Read an account of a high wind ascent of a WWI British aircraft, where the plane remained motionless (to the ground) as it took off and stayed airborne. yep

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618
M
Babelfish Immune
Veteran
Babelfish Immune
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618
How many knots was it doing

Ming


'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
Originally Posted By: Ming_EAF19
How many knots was it doing

LOL!

Aint goin' there again Ming (or you shouldn't). wink

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 541
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 541
And a couple I made recently:





Enjoy!

Page 10 of 10 1 2 … 8 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,943 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1