SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2838206 08/10/09 03:02 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 44
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 44
On the DCS website, the new patch is available for download.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=2364&scr=products&lang=en

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,405
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,405
thanks for the news! i have been waiting on this patch before putting any serious time into flying Black Shark. dancinfools

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
Me to, just came here to share the news... now why did i have to read this at another GAME site... slackers. wink

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 777
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 777
Very nice! Can't wait to try to new trim logic.


I will ignore all ideas for new works and engines of war, the invention of which has reached its limits and for whose improvement I see no further hope.

� Julius Frontinus, chief military engineer to the Emperor Vespasian, cica AD 70.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,124
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,124
Thans for the update. Downloading now! smile


Si hay que huir, YO PRIMERO!!!
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,583
L
Old Guy
Member
Old Guy
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,583
Yay!! Now I can land on a train. Actually, I've been waiting for this patch so I can get back into it also.


Core i9 10900k @ 5.0GHz
Corsair H115i CPU cooler
Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula
Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 OC 8GB DDR6
32GB Team T-Force Night Hawk DDR4 3200,
Corsair HX850i 850W PSU
TIR5 With Trackclip Pro
Win 10 x64
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 42
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 42
THANKS for the news! And thanks to ED! thumbsup

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,646
K
Senior Member
Senior Member
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,646
I cannot install the patch, it says Black Shark not found, please reinstall the application!
But I have Black Shark INSTALLED and just flown it!
I have the DVD version!
Anybody can help??
I just dowloaded a 485Mb patch that doesn't wanna install! DAMN! frown

Best regards, Kodiak.


I Want To Believe
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
Hmmmm, I tried to open the .exe with winrar, but no luck. If running Vista try to run the patch "As administrator" and see if that doesn't do it for you.

Btw, thank you thank you thank you, ED, for automatically converting my "Message with delay" triggers to the new format with the same time delay. Now I won't have to re-do all the missions I had built!

Hurray!


The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Dart #2838822 08/11/09 08:47 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,600
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,600
The patch ist out! Great news! Gonna wait till the end of the week to try it - bummer!


The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. - Douglas Adams
Tbag #2839093 08/11/09 04:57 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 74
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 74
Patch 1.01 is out but its still impossible to launch the game at 5040x1050 (menu is "invisible"), how hard could be to fix this issue ? Awful :-/

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,268
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,268
Originally Posted By: Kodiak
I cannot install the patch, it says Black Shark not found, please reinstall the application!
But I have Black Shark INSTALLED and just flown it!
I have the DVD version!
Anybody can help??
I just dowloaded a 485Mb patch that doesn't wanna install! DAMN! frown

Best regards, Kodiak.


Are you using a 64 bit operating system? If yes it could be the installer is looking in the wrong registry key for the games installation path.


Richard - You Have Control
Tricubic Studios Ltd. (dev blog)
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,142
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,142
Originally Posted By: thales100
Patch 1.01 is out but its still impossible to launch the game at 5040x1050 (menu is "invisible"), how hard could be to fix this issue ? Awful :-/


The Phantom Fix is still required for multi monitor support. Ive tested OK up to 3360x1050 over two monitors anyhow.

Its worth noting to for owners of Russian Version that dont live in Russia you may have problems due to "regions" being added to this game.

eg: If you have RUS version it wont run unless you change your OS format to russian in the control panel.

I did this and SF invalidaed my CD Key activation. I'd advise RUS version holders to hold off patching until ED comes up with some answers or another patch.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,977
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,977
Same thing happened here...

I think ED will fix the region change - it's a silly problem.

Other than that, the patch is fine. BS is better all round for me.

Cheers!

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 42
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 42
Originally Posted By: Vitesse
I think ED will fix the region change - it's a silly problem.


PATCH 1.0.1a is out! No problem with regions now!

Patch 1.0.1 to 1.0.1a out, too! beercheers

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,549
2
Member
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,549
So patch 1.01a will install over any version? I have the Russian version installed over Windows 7 RC1.


My PC Specs:
Traitorous transistorized toad....Blithering blatherskite....Hopeless heap of tainted tin
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,977
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,977
I downloaded the full 1.01a patch and put it over my 1.01 install. No problems. I switched my region setting back to UK (Win XP).

I have the Russian online version of BS and used the Russian patch from here

Cheers!

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 74
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 74
Originally Posted By: Colonel_Kurtz
The Phantom Fix is still required for multi monitor support. Ive tested OK up to 3360x1050 over two monitors anyhow.



Nah, even after this 1.01a hotfix its impossible to launch game at 5040x1050 (running triplehead) and have a "visible" menu. banghead

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,549
2
Member
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,549
I installed patch 1.01a for the Russian version (English OS) and everything works fine except the cockpit "tool tips" (when you mouse over to a button/switch, it lists the name/function of that switch) are all in Russian now.

I renamed the l10n folder to 10n so the menus are all in English except for the tool tips.

Any suggestions?


My PC Specs:
Traitorous transistorized toad....Blithering blatherskite....Hopeless heap of tainted tin
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,142
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,142
Try OPTIONS>GAMEPLAY>TOP RIGHT DROP DOWN menu>Select lower choice which is ENGLISH.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,390 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1