SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#2826341 07/25/09 12:38 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,087
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,087
Picked up a copy while at BB other night, hopefully will get a chance to get it installed so I can make it to the SimHQ nights.

SimHQ running mod free atm? or is there anything I should pick up?

-Thanks

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Hardtale #2826355 07/25/09 01:23 AM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
it's new, so mod free.

Magnum #2826390 07/25/09 03:05 AM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,330
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,330
I just got it...installed...played the Basic Training and Mount missions. I LIKE IT! Seems to be much smoother in the control department. I can't wait to try this out in some multiplayer action.


My games- BF4 / ArmA3 / X-Rebirth

There is no liberty without dependency. -- Cass Sunstein

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries. -- Winston Churchill
Hardtale #2826435 07/25/09 05:17 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
Welcome back HT!


"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"
Brennus #2826458 07/25/09 06:25 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,087
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,087
Thanks Brennus, looking forward to hooking up with everyone again smile

Hardtale #2826480 07/25/09 08:27 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 390
I
Freelance artist
Member
Freelance artist
Member
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 390
I got me copy yesterday too, and opposite to my expectations it runs better than ARMA. Even played online Evo, it was blast smile


"Don't mention the war!"
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 694
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 694
I finally got my copy last night at Best Buy along with a new graphics card. I am really pleased with this one, especially after the disappointment of the first Arma.

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 125
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 125
Should I download Arma2 from D2D or buy it from a store?

Which is better?

Is there a differance.

what about ARMA Im think about deleting it from my computer anybody keeping it?

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
J
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
I've already uninstalled arma...it had a good run. As for your buying options it's really whatever you prefer; you can't go wrong with either from what i've heard

JoeyJoJo #2826898 07/26/09 12:51 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
I've got the D2D version, and it works just as advertised. I've also uninstalled Armed Assault. Since you can import the islands from Armed Assault anyway, what's the point in keepin' it around...


"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"
Brennus #2826931 07/26/09 01:42 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
V
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
Since you can import the islands from Armed Assault anyway, what's the point in keepin' it around...

That's funny, it seems this is the one Mod everybody's waiting for. People sound like they kind of miss Sahrani... You have to admit, it was a great island.

ArmA 1 wasn't all bad after all eh ? biggrin

Cheers

Nico


"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
VonBarb. #2826936 07/26/09 01:59 AM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,204
A
Senior Member
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,204
Just got it as well, but unfortunately in the midst of a bad tennis elbow flare-up. Hopefully I'll be able to fully engage in a few days or weeks.

Got it from GoGamer with TIR5, btw.


--AKD

"I hope and I need." -Oleg Maddox
JoeyJoJo #2827787 07/27/09 12:47 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: NoUseForAName
I've already uninstalled arma...it had a good run.


Same here for me. According to X-Fire, I put almost 300 hours into Armed Assault. biggrin


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
U
Member
Member
U Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
My copy finally showed up as well. I will rush home and install it after work and hopefully be up and running for MM.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: USMC BEANS
My copy finally showed up as well. I will rush home and install it after work and hopefully be up and running for MM.


Welcome aboard Beans!


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
U
Member
Member
U Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
Glad to be back on. I will see you guys tonight.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
ready


"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,555 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1