SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 25 of 39 1 2 … 23 24 25 26 27 … 38 39
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
3
Member
Member
3 Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
Originally Posted By: X_MAN
Update anyone? smile


The map team is working hard to overcome a couple of difficult build issues; the solutions are very close. Once the issues are overcome the rest of what remains unfinished should be easy and the road to release downhill. At least, we hope so.


Persecutor
a proud member of the 352ndVFG

http://www.352ndfg.com/IL2
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,785
X
Hotshot
Hotshot
X Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,785
Originally Posted By: 352nd Persecutor

The map team is working hard to overcome a couple of difficult build issues; the solutions are very close. Once the issues are overcome the rest of what remains unfinished should be easy and the road to release downhill. At least, we hope so.


Well if I can wipe the sweat off anyone's head, let me know smile


C.O. No 91 'Nigeria' Squadron
______________
WE SEEK ALONE
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 88
3
Junior Member
Junior Member
3 Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 88
Hi all, been doing some country work this weekend.

Booze cheers









Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26



Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 330
Member
Member
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 330
This would be nice for my summervacation.

Good looking!


cogito, ergo zoom
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
-
Senior Member
Senior Member
- Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
Lookin' good Booze! Hope things are going more smoothly for you guys. S!


Avatar

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,785
X
Hotshot
Hotshot
X Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,785
What one second! Do I see street lights?


C.O. No 91 'Nigeria' Squadron
______________
WE SEEK ALONE
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 88
3
Junior Member
Junior Member
3 Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 88
Originally Posted By: X_MAN
What one second! Do I see street lights?

Hi X-MAN I learned that light trick just yesterday from 352ndOscar our Guru of all things FMB. biggrin Its a light pole and one of the ground lights that you elevate by doing the following.

Instructions from 352ndOscar below.
Place the light
Go To ZOOM MODE (enter key)
Hold down the F4 key
Select light object with mouse,
Push and pull mouse to raise and lower light object holding the right mouse button and F4.
Should work ok
You will have to �zoom� in on the object to work with it � that�s for sure.
Problem is, it is VERY touchy and you will experience a lot of aggravation if you�re doing something like �headlights�. If you are doing something like rafter lighting then it�s a lot easier.
If you have to have multiples, then set the first one like you want it - in zoom mode - then insert another � in zoom mode � and it will be exactly like the first one. Repeat as many times as you need.

Lots and lots of possibilities with this effect.

Best regards,
Booze cheers





Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 509
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 509
Nice images. I must admit, my enthusiasm for this has lessened a great deal over the last few months. It's still exciting and all. But more in an abstract sort of way. Like when looking at town-planners concept sketches of the future. Still exciting, but I'll be much older and will probably have moved on by the time it gets here.

Smile2

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 88
3
Junior Member
Junior Member
3 Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 88
Hi Feathered, thanks for your comments and I appreciate your position. I have to admit I also have those days when I'm working on the map and wonder will I have an abundance of ear hair developing by the time we finish this project? It sometimes seems like a never ending journey. We are all working on the map every day but there is alot of ground to cover and there is just alot to do, but we're doing our best with the time we have available in between real life. We cannot give you a date as of yet but we are getting closer to a release of the first map, so perhaps once that comes out I hope it may renew some of your lost enthusiasm. But even if not we always welcome your visits and appreciate your comments. WinkNGrin

Best regards,
Booze cheers





Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,785
X
Hotshot
Hotshot
X Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,785
Originally Posted By: Feathered_IV
Nice images. I must admit, my enthusiasm for this has lessened a great deal over the last few months. It's still exciting and all. But more in an abstract sort of way. Like when looking at town-planners concept sketches of the future. Still exciting, but I'll be much older and will probably have moved on by the time it gets here.

Smile2


Well as Booze is much nicer person than I will ever be. Feathered_IV, I think this statement is immature and counter productive.

Let me get this straight, you are less excited about this project because a team of people that apparently have real lives (jobs, families, commitments and other interests outside IL-2 map development) that are doing something at their leisure for the enjoyment of others for ZERO payment have not met your stipulated deadline?

It seems to you have no concept of time management and what a strain such projects have on people. Frankly, I hope you have moved entirely on by the time this map is released and joined a less grateful community. There is no room here for sending our talent (verse common users like you and me)on guilt trips because your parents never taught you virtues like patients and thinking before you speak (or type) because people will judge you by them. Sometimes things take time kid - understand? Now go take out the trash, do your homework or something and let adults be.


C.O. No 91 'Nigeria' Squadron
______________
WE SEEK ALONE
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
V
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
Hate to say this after the trouble you apparently went through to put those lights there, but wouldn't streetlights be slightly err... not recommended under a curfew ? biggrin I mean with the Blitz and all, wasn't everybody supposed not to leave bright lights on for fear it might help Jerry bombers navigate over England and find their targets ?

Thanks for sharing the trick though ! I remember seeing a static truck with headlights on in a mission I recently played and wondered how the hell that was possible. Now I know biggrin

This map is looking better with each update BTW. I too must confess I've lost enthusiasm (compared to the state of near-dementia I was in after I discovered there were two Channel maps in the work ), which is probably better for everybody, cause I'd just loose sleeep over this beauty biggrin Now I'm just really really really looking forward to exloring it. I mean really wink

Cheers

Nico

Last edited by VonBarb.; 07/16/09 04:51 PM.

"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted By: VonBarb.
This map is looking better with each update BTW. I too must confess I've lost enthusiasm (compared to the state of near-dementia I was in after I discovered there were two Channel maps in the work ), which is probably better for everybody, cause I'd just loose sleeep over this beauty biggrin Now I'm just really really really looking forward to exloring it. I mean really wink

Cheers

Nico

biggrin


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
3
Member
Member
3 Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
We've faced two really difficult hurdles, both of which brought us to our knees and stopped development until solved.

Recently the most serious of the two was solved. Now ..... just one hurdle more .....

If you think YOU are anxious for this map to be released, consider how anxious the Team is to get it done and off their plate so they can move on to other things .


Persecutor
a proud member of the 352ndVFG

http://www.352ndfg.com/IL2
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
3
Junior Member
Junior Member
3 Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
We've solved the other major problem and things have speeded up considerably. Keep watching for a pleasant announcement. Solving this problem has taken at least a month off of releasing the map.
We're working as fast as we can and we don't see any further developments that will slow us down.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
V
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
*Opens us big-4ss physics book *

'Chapter IV - Time and Space continuum : How to bend'

Cheers

Nico


"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted By: 352ndDeacon
We've solved the other major problem and things have speeded up considerably. Keep watching for a pleasant announcement. Solving this problem has taken at least a month off of releasing the map.
We're working as fast as we can and we don't see any further developments that will slow us down.

dance whoohoo


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 397
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 397
Ooooooh.. Now I'm getting exited again after a period of trying to ignore posts in this thread.. biggrin I am really looking forward to this release!!!


www.f19vs.se

~But.. please mum! ~
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
V
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
Originally Posted By: 352ndBooze

Instructions from 352ndOscar below.
Place the light
Go To ZOOM MODE (enter key)
Hold down the F4 key
Select light object with mouse,
Push and pull mouse to raise and lower light object holding the right mouse button and F4.
Should work ok

Best regards,
Booze cheers


Curse you for ever posting this, and damn my eyes for reading it... I was working on a nightfighters campaign, do you know that ? Yes, it means what you think it means : Now I just have to put lights everywhere... on trucks, on parked planes, on ships...

CURSE YOU ! biggrin

Cheers

Nico


"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 88
3
Junior Member
Junior Member
3 Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 88
LOL, Nico, I know what you mean. Its these darn kind of discoveries that keeps you up at night. WinkNGrin

Booze cheers





Page 25 of 39 1 2 … 23 24 25 26 27 … 38 39

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,773 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1