|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51 |
I know this might be simple to you guys ,and I have installed other planes into FE,but how do you install planes like the Be2c into FE?This ones from the Capuns site It says to install the Be2c folder first then crew, missions,and sounds. I under stand the crew ,missions and sounds,but were is the Be2c folder that it says to install in objects,aircraft? If I open the Rar file to my documents,I get a whole bunch of files for the plane but how and were do I put them. I can't find anyfolder that says Be2c in all these files. Also what about the two sqd.that are listed? I know to put the weopens in you have to extract the ini folder with the Spie Extract utility but havent developed the smarts to try that yet ,so with all the other planes I've installed ,I'am just happy to have machine guns. Hope this post is easyer to understand than my last was. Thanks Hurricane 3
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 170
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 170 |
hurricane3,,, im not at home at the moment, but you may have to create the Be2c folder along with the other aircraft folders that you have. I have seen that approach before.
If there is no Weapons folder under Objects, you will have to create that folder too
the squadron files go under the plane directory,,,, your folder view would look similiar to this: WW1\objects\Aircraft\Be2c\squadron\ or WW1\Objects\Weapons\,,,, just a pennies worth JimC.
Win7 64 bit I7 3770 3.4 Ghz 16 GB Ram Geforce 650 TI Boost 2GB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51 |
Thanks for the reply,I'l give it a try.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51 |
Thanks for trying,but I created a Be2d folder put everything in that,a weapons folder,and opened the sound and missions folder's and put the contents in their respective folder's but no dice. The Be2d folder showed up in the plane list in Aircraft in Windows Explorer,and when I opened it looked just like the other,s but would not show in the sim. Wish Third Wire had made a less complicated method of adding planes and weapons.Most of the planes have gone in without a hitch,cept for the weapons,but can't get this one to show at all. At least for the others I have guns and a few have bombs(don't have any idea why). I've put planes in CFS1,2,and 3and other than cfs3 in which you add the guns and weapons pac,they go in without a hitch.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 54
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 54 |
Noticed you started this thread discussing the BE-2C, but your last e-mail referenced the BE-2D. Did you put the BE-2C files into a folder named BE-2D? Just tried that and its in my directory but won't show up in the game, so if that's what you did try renaming that folder to BE-2C.
When you unpack the RAR using WinRAR don't select "Extract Here". Select either "Extract Files" or "Extract to BE-2C\ and it will create the folder BE-2C when it unpacks.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51 |
Sorry ,guys all along I meant the BE2d,and thats the plane I've been trying to install.Will try extracting as Czech6 said
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51 |
Yes ,that worked Czech6,I now have the BE2d in First Eagles,just wish I could get the rear gunner to fire,but I guess you have to do the extract ini,files thing for that and I'am just not ready to tackle that yet ,but someday I will. Thanks again
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51 |
Is there any way to get the rear or front gunner's to fire in the Be2d,a,and c? Also This whole thing about extracting files to get weopens to work has me totaly confused. I printed out the post ini. tweaks and changes,printed out the post on extracteing file from Combat Ace,have the SFPIE Extract Utility,tried all that and still can't figure out how to add bombs ,rockets ,or get the gunner's to fire if indeed they can.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 54
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 54 |
Hurricane3,
You don't have to extract any files for the BE-2D. You only have to do that for the original aircraft included with the simulation because they are compressed in the Object.cat file. All the .ini files for the BE-2D are in the new folder BE-2D that you unpacked. The BE-2 doesn't have a front gun for the pilot to fire, that was one of its shortcomings. If you open up BE-2D_DATA.ini file (which is in the BE-2D folder that you created) and scroll down to Internal Weapons you'll see that it only has the flexible Lewis gun for the gunner. Your gunner should fire his weapon. I added the BE-2D into my Aircraft folder and flew a mission. When we were attacked by German fighters the gunner (along with the gunners on the rest of the flight) opened up on the attacking fighters. Are you trying to fire the gunner's weapon yourself?
If you haven't created a Weapons folder already, copy the weapons folder that unpacked in the BE-2D folder into the Objects folder in the simulation. The weapons in that folder should show up on the BE-2D if you choose a Bomb or Armed Recon mission. If you go back to the BE-2D_DATA.ini file, below Internal Weapons is Weapons Stations. Note that the BE-2D has a BombRack and GrenadeRack. So those are your droppable weapons, no rockets. You could probably add rockets but you would have to learn to add the weapons stations for rockets, or cut and paste them from another aircraft that already has them like the Nieuport 11. Unfortunately, the Nieuport and BE-2 have different dimensions in their models, so they won't appear in the right location, and you would have to adjust these. It gets pretty detailed at that point, and I don't believe the BE-2 carried rockets so that might be non-historical. Given its poor performance I wouldn't hang too much on it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51 |
Ok let me get this right.The rear gunner ,or front gunner as on the FE2B won't fire till there are EA attacking? I did try to fire the gun my self but since it wouldn't fire I assumed you had to do something else. As for the bombs they show up on the outside of the Fe2B but not on any other planes.Is this because they are in the observers cockpit and won't show until you bomb some thing? Also I know the BE's didn't carry rockets but rockets are in the Neuiport 17 lodeouts ,will they show if I do a ballon busting mission? I have to try that. I was told by someone in a previous post that the weapons folder does not go in the with the particular aircraft,and you have to extract them with the SFPIE Utility in order for them to work.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51 |
I'am beginning to hate this game,I'am so frustrated. I copyed the contents of the "to_add-to_WEAPONS to the weaponsdata ini. from the Nieuport 11 ,and still can't get the darn rockets(I used a bit stronger word at home, but kids might read this)to show up. Maybe you guys don't have a problem with this stuff ,but I don't want to be a computer programer ,just fly. There has to be an easer way to add weapons ,like in CFS3.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 45
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 45 |
hurricane3, try this: Weapons That's my complete Weapons folder, rockets work fine. Just make a back-up of your old stuff and copy my one into the game. Should get you up & running.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51 |
I love this sim! Laton, I can't thank you enough! I've got rockets, bombs ,and even had my front gunner open fire. Everthing works great now.Thankyou ,thankyou,thankyou.I was ready to give up on this sim.You saved the day for me ,I just wish I could repay your kindness.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 45
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 45 |
No worries. Glad it worked.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 204
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 204 |
All you need to do now is stay alive when you are in your BE2 and in enemy territory!!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|