SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2762228 06/28/07 06:59 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 393
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 393
Hi all,

Against my better judgment, I impulsively bought EE2 from Amazon whilst shopping for camera equipment last week.

Anyway, it arrived, I installed it, tried to run it: CTD right before intro movie.
Ran it in XP compatibility mode: CTD after the intro movie.
Deleted the config files, replaced with empty ones: CTD on menu screen.
Deleted the config files, replaced with empty ones, ran XP compatibility mode: CTD upon attempting to begin free flight/campaign/skirmish.
Emailed technical support: received automated reply: "will respond within 24-48 hrs".
Waited for over 48 hours: no response.
Gave up and ran EECH1: a total blast.

Not a happy camper, G2: I don�t think I have ever had a game that just refused to run.

Anyone got any ideas how to get past this? I�m curious to see what I spent my 17 quid on.


Athlon X2 4600, Soltek K8Tpro, 2048MB RAM, Radeon X1950pro 512
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,739
S
X Air Force Armorer
Member
X Air Force Armorer
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,739
I've not had the best experiences with this title in Vista, though on my XP box, it works great.

Any time I exit, it locks up. I cannot close it via task manager, I have to do a software shutdown.

Am I am unfamiliar with the Radeon series, but do you have the latest & greatest drivers? I would check the
event log and see what it says it is crashing on.

Just a thought...


-=Spectre=-
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5
Try this delete the Files inside the Video folder then delete both the game cfg file and the eech Configuration settings file. I got this from support after multiple cdt's.

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 393
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 393
thanks for the advice people. unfortunately no joy. i get a ctd in the menu screen. perhaps deleting the entire eech2 dir, as opposed to just the movie and config files, and throwing the cd in the bin would be the best option?

Last edited by ZX81; 06/28/07 10:29 PM.

Athlon X2 4600, Soltek K8Tpro, 2048MB RAM, Radeon X1950pro 512
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 101
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 101
outside shot here:

if the newest drivers from nVidia didn't work well with EECH2 but the alternate driver site Guru3d had drivers that helped with EECH not crashing, why not go there and try the equivelant ATI 'game' drivers offered from Guru3d.

just a thought.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 101
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 101
also read about not having anisitropic filtering on etc...

read thru the boards.

good luck

jim

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 115
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 115
Dude there's no way you're going to get this game running on Vista. Don't recommend third party ATI drivers either, they work for a lot of people people but if they cause OS faults they're a nightmare to clean up - this is from experience.

My advice is to take the CD out of the box, and throw it up against the wall as hard as you possibly can. This is infinitely more satisfying than a refund. Burning the CD case is always recommended, but make sure if you do this to video it and send the clip to the publishers, who obviously care more about the screenshots on the back of the box than releasing something vaguely playable.

I'm getting my copy of EECH 1 tomorrow, I have the mod pack and patches downloaded and ready to go. You can get it for a quid in Tescos.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 101
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 101
I've been running EECH2 on Vista now for about a week.

my frames vary from 40-100.

I am using 3rd party drivers (forceware 162.15)
If you read other posts you will see this was helpful in stopping in game freezing.

I still have a few issues but it is very playable and quite a nice Sim.

So don't giev up to the naysayers. You definatley can get this rinnubg on Vista.

Jim

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I too have been running it in Vista w/ the 162.15 forceware patch. So it is playable ... just not enough to say WOW ...

.

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 115
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 115
Forceware drivers aren't third party.
I'm *genuinely* surprised that it's playable on Vista, I stand corrected.

My definition of 'playable' however, doesn't fit this release in its current state. I really don't have the patience for random crashes and quirkiness. Playable to me is getting a few good solid hours of play with no crashes or random weirdness. I've had a measly one hour out of this turkey and have just uninstalled it in complete frustration.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK ... so now we're splitting hairs on definitions of words ... Christ! I'm not all that happy with it either and I'm sorry it's not working for you. I was simply saying that it does work on Vista and I got it to work by getting the Guru3-D forceware update. Sorry to offend.

.

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 115
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 115
No offence taken whatsoever. I'm not that fickle to get offended by posts on a forum \:\)

It's just that when you buy a game, can't get more than an hour of play out of it, then read on a forum that people are saying it's "playable", you start to think that it's your PC at fault and not the game.

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 393
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 393
thanks for the advice people. just to clarify, im on XP.I have tried all your suggestions, but I cant get it to comply....nor have I gotten a peep out of G2: rubbish!


Athlon X2 4600, Soltek K8Tpro, 2048MB RAM, Radeon X1950pro 512
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 11
I
Junior Member
Junior Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 11
Originally Posted By: Simey
No offence taken whatsoever. I'm not that fickle to get offended by posts on a forum \:\)

It's just that when you buy a game, can't get more than an hour of play out of it, then read on a forum that people are saying it's "playable", you start to think that it's your PC at fault and not the game.


Sorry to say, but it is your PC. My copy of the game runs very stable, in general does what it should and I can get many many more hours out of it than just 1. Yes there are some annoying bugs (i.e. midnight bug where it's daytime), but not any different from say the "moon bug" (enourmous moon which took up half the screen) in Silent Hunter 3 when it was first released.

I honestly don't see this game as different from any other upon release...talking about sims, of course. Nothing a few patches wont sort out.

A lot of you are having problems because of your PC and unfairly blaming the game...

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 393
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 393
c'mon people, I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I wasn't trying to start an incident here!


Athlon X2 4600, Soltek K8Tpro, 2048MB RAM, Radeon X1950pro 512
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
zx:

You're right ...

hey, I noticed you're using a Radeon Card. EECH(1) had some issues early on with those cards. Maybe a quick search through those boards could shed some light on your problem ...

.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 101
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 101
I would definatley experiment with some different drivers

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 393
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 393
thanks very much for all the advice. ive tried several different drivers and configs but to no avail. It doesnt look like im going to get this one to work. Maybe G2 will deign to get back to me at some point.

cheers, ZX81


Athlon X2 4600, Soltek K8Tpro, 2048MB RAM, Radeon X1950pro 512
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 11
I
Junior Member
Junior Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 11
Originally Posted By: ZX81
thanks very much for all the advice. ive tried several different drivers and configs but to no avail. It doesnt look like im going to get this one to work. Maybe G2 will deign to get back to me at some point.

cheers, ZX81


What exactly are your system specs? Not trying to run it on a ZX81, are you?

edit: ok...it's in your sig, just noticed.

..I suspect you have Vista...it's probably that, not the game. Just so you know. Cheers.

Last edited by Immelman; 07/03/07 11:34 AM.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 101
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 101
EECH2 runs just fine on Vista. check other posts.

(at least using XP/sp2 compatability mode)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,566 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1