SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#2762024 06/12/07 11:01 AM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 302
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 302
Hello!

Wondering if anybody can help me. The ground radar in EECH2 is mapped to the Insert key. My problem is this: I do not have a dedicated Insert key on my keyboard (with the group of keys such as Home, Page Up, delete, etc), I only have the 0/Insert key on the numpad. Unfortunately, I tried using 0/Insert key to turn on the ground radar with/without Num Lock, and it doesn't want to work!

My question is this: does anyone know of a way to make this key turn on the ground radar, or at least know how to remap the ground radar to another key?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 8
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 8
What kind of keyboard do you have. I have a microsoft natural and the Insert key that is normally near the Delete key is located above it, in line with the F-keys. If I remember correctly, it's on the same key as the Print Screen but I'm at work using a mac so I can't check.

Edit: If it's not on the Print Screen key it might be on the Scroll Lock key

Last edited by georob; 06/12/07 03:30 PM.
georob #2762026 06/12/07 06:57 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 302
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 302
Haha! I just found the Insert key, thanks for your help mate.

Hopefully I'll stop feeling silly soon....

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 77
J
JJJ Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 77
Unfortunately I have the Logitech keyboard and this one is WITHOUT the "Insert" key for sure. Does not exist any solution, e.g. key remapping?

JJJ #2762028 07/01/07 01:38 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,142
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,142
The simple solution for a lot of these missing key questions i guess is to buy a $10 USB keyboard to plug in when your flying. Map your joystick to required keys. Your current keyboard should be able to stay plugged in at the same time.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 683
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 683
Or you can try a generic key mapping software, such as GlovePie, AutohotKey, etc.

Or you can use a system-level key mapping, for example with SharpKeys.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 77
J
JJJ Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 77
I found an easy solution \:D - "Shift-1" key comb is for Ground radar too .
Thanks to Flexman and his EECH Strategy guide.


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,341 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1