SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 18 of 39 1 2 … 16 17 18 19 20 … 38 39
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
Originally Posted By: Hookecho
We are going to include at release a set of COOP's that have one mission for each day of the BoB. We have AAR's for each day. We are choosing 1 mission for each day (on days when something happened, some days everyone just watched it rain). Something to bridge the gap between release and when the really good campaign makers get something going.


That will be perfect. I noticed that with some of the new maps, as great as they are, finding missions and campaigns for them is hard.

Having the BoB map released with as comprehensive a mission pack as that is very impressive.

We really appreciate what you guys are doing Hookecho

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17
Originally Posted By: Hookecho
I cant speak on what fields are in or not....I just dont have that info. But to answer the question about campaigns and stuff....

We are going to include at release a set of COOP's that have one mission for each day of the BoB. We have AAR's for each day. We are choosing 1 mission for each day (on days when something happened, some days everyone just watched it rain). Something to bridge the gap between release and when the really good campaign makers get something going.

So get your practice in shooting those little BB's at the Hun, and get used to a carborator'd Spit because Jerry is tough to drop with spitwads.


Thanks for the answers!! This really looks like a winner! I am sure there will be some mission builders for "offline" play too. I am sad to say... I never got 'into' online play.

Jim

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
You can still play Coops offline too, or convert them to single missions.

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 88
3
Junior Member
Junior Member
3 Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 88
Ruger no worries my friend, did not think you were implying anything, you just got me thinking and thats hard to do. WinkNGrin Seems like such a long time ago to. My kids/adults now (all 3 of them) are playing WoW and they are really into it. But you know how it is you have to make an appointment to see them between college, work and WoW. However they still show up when they hear me throw a couple steaks on the grill.

And we are very fortunate that our entire 352ndVFG squad is involved in helping out with the Cross Channel Map. As Hook said several members are creating missions to go with the map that will be a starter at least for everyone upon release of the map. We're hoping that the community will enjoy it enough that some of the talented Mission/Campaign builders will put some great stuff together.

Booze cheers

Last edited by 352ndBooze; 04/02/09 01:04 PM.




Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17
Originally Posted By: Brigstock
You can still play Coops offline too, or convert them to single missions.


Originally Posted By: 352ndBooze

And we are very fortunate that our entire 352ndVFG squad is involved in helping out with the Cross Channel Map. As Hook said several members are creating missions to go with the map that will be a starter at least for everyone upon release of the map. We're hoping that the community will enjoy it enough that some of the talented Mission/Campaign builders will put some great stuff together.

Booze cheers


For the first time today, I was able to convert a coop mission into a single player and I was successful at it. So, that is good news!!

Jim

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 19
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 19
or just host your own online mission of 1, and the AI will fill in the slots.....no conversion needed


352nd Hookecho
PE-H Bar
A proud member of the
352nd Virtual Fighter Group
Officially recognized by the 352nd Fighter Group Association
http://www.352ndfg.com/IL2/
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 493
?
Member
Member
? Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 493
I know what you're saying Booze, having my own little separation anxiety, but the fud seems to do the trick eh! wink

Quote:
And we are very fortunate that our entire 352ndVFG squad is involved in helping out with the Cross Channel Map. As Hook said several members are creating missions to go with the map that will be a starter at least for everyone upon release of the map. We're hoping that the community will enjoy it enough that some of the talented Mission/Campaign builders will put some great stuff together.


I think that the map guys making the missions are going to know best where the spectacular action will be best played, you guys made the map after all. This is great that you guys are doing this for many reasons but primarily because after the installation the first thing I want to do is fly, something wrong with me skyisfalling

three cheers to the team!!! pick-a-pack of firecrackers si-boom-ba, our team, our team ra-ra-ra bananadance

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 522
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 522
@Ruger

Sometimes I spend hours doing just that very thing.....but for other reasons. Booze is such a taskmaster - LOL!!!


Oscar
352nd Virtual Fighter Group
Pentium XE 3.8 Dual Core-HyperThread
ATI X850XT PE
Touch-Buddy Addict
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 493
?
Member
Member
? Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 493
Originally Posted By: Oscar_352nd
@Ruger

Sometimes I spend hours doing just that very thing.....but for other reasons. Booze is such a taskmaster - LOL!!!




Well I'm sure that I am a part of a much larger group when I say will all be very excited to see the working of the minds of yourself and others that are involved in this great project. I'm sure that there is a mutual thrill you all get when you create something new for the map and I would assume that we all are a little A-D-D, like a moth to a flame. I hit my head on the monitor about three times when I first saw your work on the Channel so yeah, I understand wink Keep up the good work over there and I would gladly buy you all a beer at the local pub if we had one...

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 88
3
Junior Member
Junior Member
3 Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 88
Originally Posted By: �uger

three cheers to the team!!! pick-a-pack of firecrackers si-boom-ba, our team, our team ra-ra-ra bananadance

Ruger thanks, I'm still laughing. biggrin We must be from the same era because I remember that one. Great stuff.

And do not let Oscar fool ya he needs no prompting from me to be working on the map. He is currently putting some final touches on some harbors he created which look really great!

Best regards,
Booze cheers





Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 605
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 605
Originally Posted By: Brigstock
You can still play Coops offline too, or convert them to single missions.


I used to know how to do this, long ago. Could someone please post the procedure to convert/adapt a Coop Msn to an offline mission?

I am not an On-liner, though I tried it out for a few weeks Years Ago..it was just not my cup of tea. What would be the difference in 'play' between a 'converted Coop' offline and flying the coop with a 'crew' of just me,+AI, on-line?

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 493
?
Member
Member
? Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 493
I wasn't even close Booze, oh well it's only been about 45 years since I saw this... (@ 6min)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tYPdTytB...PL&index=18

For this team I like mine better, get to work Oscar wink

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17

Doolittle Raider:


It was pretty easy. I hope you understand my directions. You will FIRST need to know where the COOP mission is located in your IL2 game. After you know where it is at, start the game and:

Open the Full Mission Builder

Then, in the upper left corner,

click on FILE, then,

click on LOAD and this will take you to the folders where the missions are located. Click on the folder where your mission is at that you want to change.

Open that folder and select the "Name_of_Mission.mis file" and click OPEN and then your mission will load showing the map and all the 'flights' on it. To zoom in, use the scroll button on the left side of the map.

So, all you need to do now is CLICK on one of the aircraft. You will see red and blue lines. CLICK on one of the ROUND DOTS and then, you line will start to blink. Go to the top of the page and click on VIEW, then, OBJECT. NOW you need to click on the bar that says SHOW. This will show you the aircraft you have selected. IF this is the aircraft you want to fly, then, click on the word PLANE and CHECK the box that says, PLAYER. Click on the word FILE in the top, and RENAME the mission to anything you want and SAVE. OR... you can just hit the PLAY button after you select FILE and then, you will FLY the mission you just convereted from a COOP to a Single player. EASY... It took me longer to type this than actually "fixing" a COOP mission to a playable SP mission.

Good Luck!!

Jim

Last edited by Jim57; 04/03/09 09:35 PM. Reason: Typo
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 605
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 605
Originally Posted By: Jim57

Doolittle Raider:


It was pretty easy. .... EASY... It took me longer to type this than actually "fixing" a COOP mission to a playable SP mission.

Good Luck!!

Jim

Thanks for the detailed instructions...many will benefit from reading them. I do that in FMB for various missions, changing which aircraft I will fly (bomber or escorting fighter, for example, or wingman versus lead fighter, etc).

I can see now that there is no other way to change COOP to Single offline mission other than going into FMB...time consuming before each/every mission, but will do the job.

I'm wondering...if we were to ask very nicely...if the group building the coops could "produce" two versions of each of their missions as they build them. Once the mission is built, it seems they could save it as COOP, then open an aircraft track and designate it as Player Piloted, then save it as the Single Player Offline Mission version. The package of Offline Single Player Missions could then be made available along with the COOP set of missions.

The only major problem with converting the forthcoming BofB COOPs to SP's ourselves,in FMB, is that when one opens a COOP in FMB, one can't avoid seeing the entirety of the planned/projected action, even with just a cursory glance, which would include location/tracks of enemy aircraft, potentially spoiling any surprises written in by the COOP Mission builders.

So...COOP BofB builders, would that be possible to crank out two versions, COOP and SP?? Please??

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,671
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,671
Why not just play the coop offline, then you can select any plane in the mission without all that fmb stuff.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 779
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 779
hi - any hint as to when this wonderful looking map might come out?

after a massive struggle (i made it harder than it was) i finally managed to download AAA's unified installer this weekend to begin playing on the spits v 109s mods server. it's absolutely fantastic. the battles in the mk I spit over the channel are great. i highly recommend to all.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 493
?
Member
Member
? Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 493
Originally Posted By: nick10
hi - any hint as to when this wonderful looking map might come out?

after a massive struggle (i made it harder than it was) i finally managed to download AAA's unified installer this weekend to begin playing on the spits v 109s mods server. it's absolutely fantastic. the battles in the mk I spit over the channel are great. i highly recommend to all.


Two weeks WinkNGrin

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618
M
Babelfish Immune
Veteran
Babelfish Immune
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618
Starting when

Ming


'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618
M
Babelfish Immune
Veteran
Babelfish Immune
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618
Do not say two weeks

Ming


'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
3
Member
Member
3 Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
Originally Posted By: Ming_EAF19
Do not say two weeks

Ming


Okay. Be sure. Smile2

Last edited by 352nd Persecutor; 04/05/09 03:50 PM.

Persecutor
a proud member of the 352ndVFG

http://www.352ndfg.com/IL2
Page 18 of 39 1 2 … 16 17 18 19 20 … 38 39

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,081,710 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1