SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 38 of 39 1 2 … 36 37 38 39
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
You want me to update my download and send you a new link ?


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
3
Member
Member
3 Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
Originally Posted By: wheelsup_cavu
You want me to update my download and send you a new link ?


Wheels

Excellent idea, Wheels. Please.


Persecutor
a proud member of the 352ndVFG

http://www.352ndfg.com/IL2
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Check you PM's Pers. smile


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
great work guys!
I`m looking forward to have a "try-out" in the future....

superbiker


[img]http://stg2immelmann.de/images/stg2_immelmann/banner-stg2.jpg[/img]
Es ist nicht so wichtig wer das Spiel beginnt, sondern wer es beendet.
John Robert Wooden
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16
Hi guys,

I took the plunge today and installed the 'Other Channel Map' to my UP2.01 install. It looks great! smile It loads in no time at all and is very smooth.

Quick question though re. the install. Looking back over the last few pages of this thread there appears to be some confusion as to what 'all.ini' file to add the line to. I did a search and found eight on my system, but the one I chose to edit was located in \\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Files\maps. I assume that's the correct one? The map appears in the FMB but not the QMB unfortunately - not sure if that's possible?

Anyway, I took the map for a spin with a Stuka and decided to drop in on the Chain Home Radar - this is where it gets weird. The radar has no 'legs' so to speak. The screenshot link below will show you what I mean. The platforms are there, but there's nothing visibly 'supporting' them:

Chain Home Radar Screenshot

I've only had the game installed a couple of days (the DVD arrived on Thursday), so I'm still adding things and changing some files for FPS reasons etc. I've copied my current 'conf.ini' file below. One other thing - trees. In the superb video on Youtube the trees all look 'full' if that makes sense, mine look like they're made up of layers. Is that normal? Something in the conf.ini I guess?

I've copied it it below and would appreciate if you can spot any problems. I'm still working on the controls etc., so there aren't many changes to it so far:

Thanks guys, looking forward to flying a few bomber missions on this one! smile

Px10


Contents of conf.ini file:

[il2]
title=Il2-Sturmovik Forgotten Battles
hotkeys=HotKey game

[window]
width=1440
height=900
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=1
Use3Renders=0

[GLPROVIDER]
GL=Opengl32.dll

[GLPROVIDERS]
Open GL=Opengl32.dll
DirectX=dx8wrap.dll

[NET]
speed=100000
routeChannels=0
serverChannels=31
localPort=21000
remotePort=21000
SkinDownload=1
serverName=No Name
serverDescription=
remoteHost=
localHost=
socksHost=
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=0

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=10.0
nearMaxLagTime=2.0
cheaterWarningDelay=5.0
cheaterWarningNum=-1

[chat]
region=(dx=0.6925,dy=0.071666665,x=0.0,y=0.0)

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=1
mapPadX=0.66944444
mapPadY=-0.046666667
viewSet=37
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=0
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=0
iconTypes=3
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=0
3dgunners=1
mapPadMode=1


[HotKey game]
PrintScreen=ScreenShot
P=pause
Pause=pause

[HotKey gui]
Escape=activate

[HookViewFly Config]
timeFirstStep=2.0
deltaZ=10.0

[HookView]
MouseLeft=Len

[HookView Config]
AzimutSpeed=0.1
TangageSpeed=0.1
LenSpeed=1.0
MinLen=1.0
DefaultLen=20.0
MaxLen=3000.0
Speed=6

[HotKey builder]
MouseLeft=objectMove
MouseRight=popupmenu
Enter=freeView
Shift MouseLeft=worldZoom
Alt MouseLeft=select+
Alt MouseRight=select-
Alt Ctrl=unselect
PageDown=change+
PageUp=change-
End=change++
Home=change--
Ctrl MouseLeft=insert+
Insert=insert+
NumPad-0=insert+
F=fill
Ctrl MouseRight=delete+
NumPad.=delete+
Delete=delete+
Backspace=cursor
Tab=cursor
F10=land
F11=onLand
NumPad-=normalLand
NumPad+=toLand
NumPad-5=resetAngles
NumPad-8=resetTangage90
NumPad-7=stepAzimut-5
NumPad-4=stepAzimut-15
NumPad-1=stepAzimut-30
NumPad-9=stepAzimut5
NumPad-6=stepAzimut15
NumPad-3=stepAzimut30

[MouseXYZ]
F1=SpeedSlow
F2=SpeedNormal
F3=SpeedFast
MouseRight=XYmove
F4 MouseRight=Zmove
MouseMiddle=Amove
F5 MouseRight=Amove
F6 MouseRight=Tmove
F7 MouseRight=Kmove

[MouseXYZ Config]
RealTime=1

[HotKey Console]
Shift Tab=Activate
[Console]
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOG=0
LOGTIME=0
LOGFILE=log.lst
LOGKEEP=0

[sound]
SoundUse=1
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=8
ObjectVolume=14
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=1
SamplingRate=2
NumChannels=3
SoundExt.occlusions=0
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=0
SoundExt.volumefx=0
SoundFlags.voicemgr=0
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=12
Channels=2
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.85
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=0
ActLevel=0
MicLevel=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0

[rts]
;ProcessAffinityMask=1
mouseUse=2
joyUse=1
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
locale=

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
Invert=0
SensitivityZ=1.0

[rts_joystick]
X=0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0
Y=0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0
Z=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100
RZ=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
FF=0
U=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
V=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
1X=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
1Y=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
1RX=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1RZ=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1U=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1V=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0

[Render_DirectX]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=2
TexCompress=0
TexFlags.UseDither=1
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=1
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=0
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=0
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=0
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=0
TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=0
TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=0

HardwareShaders=0

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=2
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=4
ForceShaders1x=0
PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=2
TexCompress=0
TexFlags.UseDither=1
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=1
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=1
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1

TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=1
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=1
TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=1
TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=1

HardwareShaders=0

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=1
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=2
Water=1
Effects=1
ForceShaders1x=0
PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0



Last edited by Phoenix10; 01/08/11 09:39 PM.
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,064
Likes: 19
K
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,064
Likes: 19
You are missing some objects, curious as both objects should be together(you shouldn't have one without the other).


Win 11 Pro
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM
MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16
Hi KRT_Bong, thanks for the info.

Earlier today I was playing around with some graphics settings and I noticed the radar supports appeared when I switched to Perfect graphics(I thought I had been using that setting all along). I was on Excellent and they didn't appear. Most odd.

Px10

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,144
J
Room Clear!
Member
Room Clear!
Member
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,144
I cant seem to find the place to download this old_simmer

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted By: jdbecks
I cant seem to find the place to download this old_simmer

Copy and paste into your brower and you should go right to it.
Code:
http://www.352ndfg.com/vb/content.php?219


This is their homepage if that didn't work.
Code:
http://www.352ndfg.com/vb/content.php

It's in their downloads section.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,144
J
Room Clear!
Member
Room Clear!
Member
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,144
Originally Posted By: wheelsup_cavu
Originally Posted By: jdbecks
I cant seem to find the place to download this old_simmer

Copy and paste into your brower and you should go right to it.
Code:
http://www.352ndfg.com/vb/content.php?219


This is their homepage if that didn't work.
Code:
http://www.352ndfg.com/vb/content.php

It's in their downloads section.


Wheels


thanks whoohoo

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted By: jdbecks

thanks whoohoo

I am glad it worked. Have fun with the map. smile


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17
Hmmm, is it possible to have a campaign on this map?

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
3
Member
Member
3 Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
Originally Posted By: Arc9
Hmmm, is it possible to have a campaign on this map?

Yes. The AKAFA Campaign ran a Battle of France scenario last winter that lasted 20 3 hour sessions. It was great fun.


Persecutor
a proud member of the 352ndVFG

http://www.352ndfg.com/IL2
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 465
M
"just do it"
Member
"just do it"
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 465
The Channel Map new from 352, is played on Spits & 109s mod sever located in Hyper-Lobby.

it's called Operation Sea Lion. MDS is activated on all their maps. so you have on going ground battles and air AI bombing mission on going.
Most gratifying map.

Last edited by Mastiff; 08/09/11 10:11 AM.

71st Eagle Squadron
www.anon6.com - Blogger on DCS Series 71st Mastiff's you-Tube
"any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back"
Asus x-99||i7x5930k||ddr4 16gb2400||GTX980Ti-6gb||
ATX1200Corsair||realteck 5.1||Win8.1x64pro||
TrackIr4Pro/ir||CHfghtrstck||siatekpedals|
|X52ThrteCntrlr||G15Keyboard/RzrMose||
32"LCD||2x7"lilliputs,1x9inc
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 796
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 796
Originally Posted By: Mastiff
The Channel Map new from 352, is played on Spits & 109s mod sever located in Hyper-Lobby.

it's called Operation Sea Lion. MDS is activated on all their maps. so you have on going ground battles and air AI bombing mission on going.
Most gratifying map.


Hi, please help me with this.
I tried to join last night, but most probably missing a mod.
I have updated IL2 to latest, and installed UP3 RC4 on top of it.
I activated UP in JGSME.
What else do I need to do to join this server?
Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: done my homework on the website, looks like I have to download MDS. I assumed it is part of UP.

Last edited by Staniol; 11/09/11 01:13 PM.

Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 796
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 796
Still need some help.
The download link for MDS 1.2 at UP forums are down.
Do any of you have an alternate link?
Thanks in advance!


Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 796
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 796
Originally Posted By: Staniol
Still need some help.
The download link for MDS 1.2 at UP forums are down.
Do any of you have an alternate link?
Thanks in advance!


Sorted everything out, and just to help others (although I forsee a lot of facepalms from you), I share it.
So,
MDS is included in UP3. Touche.
The reason I wasn't able to join to the servers was, that I had swastika and widescreensupport mod activated.
Well, sorry for bothering.


Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
3
Member
Member
3 Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
The Cross Channel Map uses a 1.5 factor for friction value at every airfield on the map (there are 89 of them). We did that because a good many of the fields are largely open grass, which is ordinarily too rough to land and take off from safely; with the added friction value each airfield is smooth and landing and taking off is as expected.

With the release of 4.10 an airfield friction value was added to the Full Mission Builder. We've discovered that using the friction value in the FMB with the Cross Channel Map can result in some very rough airfields, clearly not our intention and a re-affirmation of the law of unintended consequences, LOL.

We've learned that adding a value of 1 and set friction ON will result in the smooth airfields that the map maker intended.

Hope this information helps.


Persecutor
a proud member of the 352ndVFG

http://www.352ndfg.com/IL2
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Hi Pers, you might want to check the Cross Channel map download link. I am getting a 404 error message saying that it can't be found and someone mentioned on M4T that they couldn't get it from your link either. The one I gave you still seems to be working.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
3
Member
Member
3 Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 103
Originally Posted By: wheelsup_cavu
Hi Pers, you might want to check the Cross Channel map download link. I am getting a 404 error message saying that it can't be found and someone mentioned on M4T that they couldn't get it from your link either. The one I gave you still seems to be working.


Wheels

Thanks for the alert, Wheels. Link repaired.


Persecutor
a proud member of the 352ndVFG

http://www.352ndfg.com/IL2
Page 38 of 39 1 2 … 36 37 38 39

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,943 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1