SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,456
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,456
Aha. I have an X1950Pro but can only get up to Excellent. Where's my Perfect settings ATI?

No problems with stutters in single-player mode btw,
Athlon 64 3800+; 1Gb DDR Ram and the above-mentiond vid-card.

Great, great, map



Once upon a time there was dunkelgrun...
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
 Originally Posted By: Tigersharky
I demand screens!! (on vaction still, not near rig)

MTO!!

Soilder objects!!

EVERYTHING!!!

Cheers!!

green with envy, TS




















Me 109 is on the Bessarabia map, while the P 39 is on the Slovalia map.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,343
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,343
 Originally Posted By: dunkelgrun
Aha. I have an X1950Pro but can only get up to Excellent. Where's my Perfect settings ATI?


Under the [OpenGL] section in conf.ini, change

HardwareShaders=0

to

HardwareShaders=1

You have to run IL-2 in OpenGL of course.


Letka_13/Liptow on HL
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 111
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 111
I am running 9800 pro. Maps are excellent, but the water is black in all maps.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 60
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 60











Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,343
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,343
Big cities in the full version will be reduced slightly in the final release. We experienced 33-50% increase of the minimal fps thanks to 10-15% object reduction there.

A Horrido, pouzivaj prosim MAT znaky ;\)


Letka_13/Liptow on HL
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
I am not sure if it is a bug or not - I will need to do a LOT more testing but every time I fly over the Slovakia map I mess up my jeans.

It's lovely - thanks! \:\)

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,628
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,628
 Originally Posted By: Waldo.Pepper
I am not sure if it is a bug or not - I will need to do a LOT more testing but every time I fly over the Slovakia map I mess up my jeans.

It's lovely - thanks! \:\)


What, the mess in your jeans or the Slovak map??

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
A
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
 Originally Posted By: rafi
I am running 9800 pro. Maps are excellent, but the water is black in all maps.


Me too! I think it is the DLL replacement. Try reverting to the HQ foam pack. I haven't tested yet (I lose FPS on the Slovakia map with Perfect settings on, so I am content to fly in "Excellent" for the moment)

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
A
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
 Originally Posted By: jurinko
 Originally Posted By: dunkelgrun
Aha. I have an X1950Pro but can only get up to Excellent. Where's my Perfect settings ATI?

Under the [OpenGL] section in conf.ini, change HardwareShaders=0 to HardwareShaders=1
You have to run IL-2 in OpenGL of course.


You may also have to run in 32bit colour mode for this to work (even though this makes the colours a bit "rich").

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,290
WW: Online Since 1992
Member
WW: Online Since 1992
Member
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,290
More Slovakia screens... Fw-190 A5 with new default skin (markings by MAT Manager)

(click images for 1680x1050 full-screen view)

View of the in-game map (cool new look to it) and a look at the increased visibility range:


A 1/4 time-speed pass over a small village with a church... and headstones:


A look at the detailed towns:


Another look at the detailed towns:

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
B
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
whats HQ foam pack ?

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 12/29/07 10:11 PM.
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
A
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
It was dll pack that caused the water to work on some ATI cards. It took me a while to find it. Try searching the UBI forum.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,244
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,244
Love the map - it's like no other in the game. Well done guys.
As others have already posted, I get stuttering when I turn towards the bigger towns. It's especially when zoomed in, makes it quite hard to do something like land facing a town. Anyway, it sounds like you've got this idea sorted already.
My specs
nVidia 8600GTS (256MB)
2GB Ram
Some fancy-pants dual core processor, forget which one.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 346
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 346
You should really consider reducing the object amount (trees) in big cities even for the online map.

Nitra for example drops from an average 65fps to 12fps in perfect mode on the online map.


Town with misplaced houses: Mestecko north-west of Hlohovec


DualCore2 T7300 2GHz
2GB Ram
nVidia 8600M GT

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 630
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 630
Picture showing mountain lake which shows a reflection which is in fact a hole through the terrain showing you what is in the distance.

This is on the Slovakia (online) map, 8800GTS 512Mb card with 169.21 drivers.



CPU - i7-3770K @3.50Ghz, RAM - 32Gb (800Mhz), Video Card - GTX980Ti
TrackIR-4, Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Satiek Quadrant, Saitek Switch Panel, Logitech G510 Keyboard, Win 7 Home Prem 64bit
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 679
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 679
I'm afraid this is a limitation of the graphic engine. Water is normally not supposed to be at altitude different than 0m. You can do it (it was also done in Norway and Burma maps), but if you go very close to the water texture, you can have some bugs like this one (and other like looking at the bad side of the water texture, etc...).
On this display, it seems to me the terrain is correctly flat around the lake as it should be... so the problem is probably not the fault of the map makers.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 743
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 743
Minor flaw (1st easily correctable one I've spotted in hours flying around): There are a couple of buildings straddling the railway track in the town of Liptovsky Hradok (P10 Slovakia offline)

again, wonderful map - very much enjoying it \:\)

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,185
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,185
Large sections of track missing in upper left corner of the map.

Aviar


Intel i7-4790 4-Core @3.60GHz
Asus Z97-C Motherboard
16GB DDR-3 1600 SDRAM @800 MHz
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 346
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 346
What happened to the tree objects 165 and 166? You can place them but only get the object symbol without any 3D geometry.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,079,956 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1