SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
Your first look at the campaign:

Rahmadi




Sahrani




Mission 01 - Battle of Isla Arimar
Seize Island, Destroy AA

Mission 02 - Battle of Rahmadi
Capture Rahmadi and its vital Airstrip

Mission 03 - Battle of Isla San Tomas
Capture Isla San Tomas and take out its anti-ship guns.

Mission 04 - Battle of Tiberia
Secure Tiberia as a Base of Operations

Misison 05 - Blood For Oil
Secure Cayo's valuable oil and fuel supply

Mission 06 - Battle of Terra Acorcha
Massive Tank Battle in the Acorcha Fields

Mission 07 - Battle of Iguana Hills
Assault Iguana's Artillery positions and capture the port city

Mission 08 - Battle of Delores
Capture the vital port city of Delores

Mission 09 - Take the Field
Helicopter Attack on Static Anti-Tank Positions

Mission 10 - Armored Fist
Tank Assault on Enemy Base

Mission 11 - Battle of Ortego
Capture the city of Ortego

Mission 12 - Stop Gap
Block enemy forces from fleeing through Geraldo's port.

Mission 13 - Ghosts of Estrella
Destroy the enemy's massive fuel store at Estrella

Misison 14 - Strongpoints
Capture several enemy strongpoints guarding Somato

Mission 15 - Battle of Yoro Fields
Massive Tank Battle northwest of Yoro

Mission 16 - Ghosts of Bahia Gatun
Green Beret's Attack and Destroy enemy AA positions

Mission 17 - Battle of Paraiso Airpot
Combined Infantry and Air Assault on Paraiso International Airport

Mission 18 - Battle for Paraiso
Military Operations in Urban Terrain, the battle to take Paraiso from entrenched Cuban Special Forces.

Mission 19 - Battle for Corazol
Massive Armored and Air Attack on Corazol

Mission 20 - Crossroads
Capture an enemy held crossroads and hold it against an enemy armored counterattack.

Mission 21 - Battle of Abra Da Boca
Take out enemy artillery and anti-air positions on two islands.

Mission 22 - Battle of Ancon Everone
Amphibious and air assault on the Everon Military Base. Destroy enemy ammo dumps.

Mission 23 - Battle of Everon
Clean out dead-enders at Everon.

Mission 24 - Ghosts of Mato Virgo
Special Forces move from Mato Virgo and attack enemy artillery positions in Sierra de Los Pinos

Mission 25 - Battle of Obregan Fields
Tank and Air Battle to Capture and Hold Obregan

Mission 26 - Ghosts of Ancon De Pita
Special Forces Destroy the last Venezuelan Aircraft at Pita Field

Mission 27 - Battle of Cabo Santa Lucia
Massive Air Assault on the Cabo Santa Lucia military base, where the elite Iranian trained SLA armored corps are stationed.

Mission 28 - Battle of Selva De Cresta
Infantry Assault on SLA Mountain Corps Training Base

Mission 29 - Battle of Peseda
Infantry Assault of Pesada Base, training ground of the Cuban Special Force groups.

Mission 30 - Battle of Bagango
Final battle in the campaign, combined arms assault on Bagango.






Last edited by Wepps; 01/04/08 01:15 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
As I create the battle plan and prepare the story of the battles that will occur, I will most likely enlist the help from some of our mission makers. (Biff, Dec,Nixer, and adlabs, I'm looking at you).

So if you are up for helping out, please sound off here.

Last edited by Wepps; 12/20/07 08:37 PM.
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
So if we die in mission one, are we done? lol ;\)

(great idea though)


Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
Haha, no. I'm not going for that much realism... \:\)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
A snippet from "The Story So Far"

In defiance of United Nations sanctions, the Republic of Iran�s leader, President Amhadenijad and Venezuela�s Hugo Chavez began to channel monetary and oil based resources to the beleaguered communist government and their embattled dictator. Intelligence also suggests that Fidel Castro has supplied Cuban Special Operations units to the self-styled �Sahrani Liberation Forces�.

Last edited by Wepps; 12/20/07 07:44 PM.
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
WOW, getting all the US enemies in this one, what about North Korea and the terrorist network?

(just pokin fun, love the idea.)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
Haha, yeah I figured I'd give everyone something to shoot at! All kidding aside, Iran and Venezuela have close ties. I could also see Castro trying to stick his thumb in the US's eyes one last time before fades away. It seemed a great place for the "perfect" storm.

I'm trying to create a modern day "Grenada" type of feel here.

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12,110
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12,110
Cool, don't forget the ponies for Mag.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
The General in charge of the overall theater of operations in Sahrani.
General Charles M. Atkinson.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 825
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 825
And well, if we want North Korea in it there are always nukes... <.<


But aside from that... Awesome idea!

And heck, I wouldn't mind if you continued on failed missions either instead of only successes. Will make it feel quite alive if one has to take care of failed situations as well.

Of course that could make replayability a bit tricky...

Last edited by Inkompetent; 12/20/07 08:33 PM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
Yeah, I considered working on some kind of path were you play a mission after a defeat, but it could get tricky.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
I'm already up to 12 mission ideas and I haven't gotten past Iguana yet....

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,908
B
Bullet Magnet
Member
Bullet Magnet
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,908
Sounds cool - count me in.


"My doctor says I wouldn't get so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger out of there." - Ralph Wiggum
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,218
E
4th Horseman of the Apocalypse...
Member
4th Horseman of the Apocalypse...
Member
E Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,218
I am there definitely.

Speaking of these missions: What are you planning on failed missions? AAR's etcetera? We could make this very dynamic...

Last edited by CSG_Enven; 12/20/07 09:14 PM.

RIP Kevin "Positive G" Speichts
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
I'm not going to be dealing with failed missions. I think the forums are the perfect place for AARs. I wish we had something like what VBS2 has, but until then we can rely on Razorback's excellent movie making skills.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,189
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,189
Wepps, I should have a little more time for mission making again in the New Year, so let me know if there is anything I can help out with.

Cheers!

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
Will do, thanks for the offer!

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 825
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 825
Heck, I'm here for your help too. Made a lot of stuff for OFP and can script fairly well, so if you need script help, mission design help or addon help (if you want something specific for the campaign), then I'm just a PM away.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,218
E
4th Horseman of the Apocalypse...
Member
4th Horseman of the Apocalypse...
Member
E Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,218
Yeah, if you need help writing up gameplans, I can help reference stuff, a family friend who works as a CW4 right now in 3rd group is home this xmas, so if you want any cool idea's plans...please give me a heads up wepps! (Plus I got some personal missions I wrote out as well!)


RIP Kevin "Positive G" Speichts
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
Great idea Wepps.

I'll be at work for a month starting next week so I should have some time to help out. But first Capt Nixer is heading for the big city for a couple of days R&R. Be back Sunday.


'After about twenty years of having one, I am now convinced that, for the most part, smartphones may be the dumbest thing man has ever invented!"

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,277 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1