SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 40
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 40
Ugggg. Thanks.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 631
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 631
Hello Skycat,


Following the most recent update by EnjoyR (patch for no add-ons version 1.92), do you think one can update 1946 and get all free DGen campaigns without the need to install your BOE update first, but just using EnjoyR's patch?

Cheers,

Vince

Last edited by vtrelut; 04/28/07 01:31 AM.
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
L
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
Hi . . . great resource. I just started a new USN campaign out of Tulagi with the new Enjoyr patch. After having tried DCG for some time (a great program), I still find I prefer DGEN so this patch is a great thing for me.

For some reason though, I can't get that skins link to work for me. It takes me to this page:

http://nahraj.cz/down/498209598/EnjoyrPatchAskins.zip.html

. . . but I don't get a download link. Any ideas?


The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 172
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 172
Nice job Skycat

Now that I'm home I'm having a bit of trouble here.
I can't seem to find this file at said page, and its a language I can't read or translate with google.
Quote:
2. EnJoyrPatchA_skins (190 Mb). This patch alone makes life so much easier for you! The self-installing program puts all the skins where they need to go. Before, you would have had to sort out all these skin textures yourself and manually put them in the correct subfolders. BTW, the campaigns will work fine without custom skins, but skins make the campaigns so much more authentic and immersive.

Last edited by T_O_A_D; 05/18/07 10:54 PM.
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 361
G
Right on commander!
Member
Right on commander!
Member
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 361


The Pilots Lounge: Social Networking for Virtual Pilots
A new website bringing together flight sim fans across all genre, sharing one common interest; flying the virtual skies.

AWSN Websites supporting:
IL-2 1946:Mission4Today: - Cliffs Of Dover: Airwarfare.com - The rest of the Universe: Combat Asylum
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
L
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
Thanks Gamekeeper . . . . getting the skins now! \:\)


The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 172
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 172
Thanks Gamekeeper,

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 497
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 497
Thanks for keeping this guide updated . its quite intimidating for returnees like me. Its given me a new lease of life with the RAF in Africa. Thanks so much to all involved.

Last edited by silent-one; 06/13/07 03:16 AM.

"The vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."
Washington DC, 27 October, 2003. President Goerge W Bush
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205
S
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205
Happy Happy, Joy Joy!

Last night I was finally able to get IL2-MAT Manager to work in Windows VISTA. Unfortunately, to make this happen I had to completely uninstall IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and then reinstall it outside of VISTA's "Program Files" folder. After that, I reinstalled IL2-MAT Manager outside of the Program Files folder as well. Doing this now allows both programs to update their various configuration files when changes are made. It seems that VISTA is naturally overprotective of anything located in the Program Files folder.

Similarly, a few nights ago I achieved success with installing Uber-Quick Mission Generator by installing it outside of the Program Files folder. Unlike with IL2-MAT Manager, UQMG worked for me even though 1946 was (at that time) still in the default location in the Program Files folder. This threw me off the the trail for finding a solution to getting IL2-MAT Manager to operate, and I wasted a lot of time installing and reinstalling IL2-MAT Manager components. \:\(

Lesson learned: if using Windows VISTA, don't install anything IL-2 related into the Program Files folder. I've updated the opening post with this advice.


Remove before flight
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,563
O
Pop
Member
Pop
Member
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,563
Just installed "46". With landscape set to "perfect" (1200x1600 32)I get A/C, runway, clouds but rest is black!
ATI Radeon X800(256),XP,2 gigs Ram??
Aslo it never asked for the second disk??


Pop
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 631
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 631
The second disk is a bonus DVD, not necessary for the game.

Did you run il2setup.exe before launching the game, a program contained in the game's root folder?

Maybe you should run it again.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,563
O
Pop
Member
Pop
Member
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,563
That did it! Thanks. What "slab" will work with 46?


Pop
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
A
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
Hello everyone,

Is there a no-cd patch for the UK version? Securerom is having trouble reading the disk and it takes me five or so tries before the sim will actually load.

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12,110
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12,110
Just a note on MultiPlayer.
If you're not a HyperLobbie person, and want to host, obviously you need to open port 21000 to your Router/Firewall/PC if you want to be a server.

Another tip, Magnum and I tested a Dynamic DNS client today, and you can type in DNS names instead of IP addresses in the join screen. So instead of typing an IP and port;

200.100.50.25:21000

You can type;

mypc.dyndns.org:21000

The host just starts a free dynamic DNS client beforehand or have a Firewall/Router that supports Dynamic DNS directly. You can read up on Dynamic DNS here; http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,769
J
Senior Member
Senior Member
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,769
Again, the link to EnJoyrPatchA_skins is not working. What is the problem.....??

Working now....Thanks again for the pointers....




Last edited by Jib02; 07/19/07 10:40 PM.

Regards
Jib01/02
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,887
Likes: 9
S3D GuRu
Hotshot
S3D GuRu
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,887
Likes: 9
Hi What are the ports needed for 1946?? I reaqd here that Port 21000 TCP/UDP is needed what other Ports are used, It should be put in the Front Page Under Part VI:Online Multiplay.

Please Dont reccomend I look in the Manual I Don't have this sim I just need to know the Ports Used for Online Multiplay.

THNX
The_Nephilim

Last edited by The Nephilim; 07/22/07 02:55 PM.

Intel Ultra 265K 5.5GHZ / Gigabyte Z890 Aorus Elite / MSI 4070Ti Ventus 12GB / Thermalright Frozen Notte RGB AIO / SoundBlaster Z SoundCard / Corsair Vengance 6400MT 64GB Ram / Buttkicker Simulation / HP Reverb G2 / Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Games / Crucial 1TB M.2 Win 11 Pro 23H2 /
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,908
B
Bullet Magnet
Member
Bullet Magnet
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,908
Thanks! This is just what I was wondering today. I just bought IL2 1946 after about a 2 year break from flight sims in general and I am looking forward to flying again soon.


"My doctor says I wouldn't get so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger out of there." - Ralph Wiggum
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
If you are a total newcomer you can also hit The Nugget's Guide in my sig. Great stuff Skycat

Last edited by Bearcat99; 08/12/07 03:59 AM.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 760
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 760
The link to the latest DGen version seems dead, just thought you should know.

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205
S
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205
I'll check it and remove the link if necessary. The most recent DGen.exe is now also included in Enjoyr's patch, BTW.


Remove before flight
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,356 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1