SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 … 10 11
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 126
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 126
Cheers Ian,

I,ll wait untill the weekend, thanks for the reply, and for all your work.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473
Being as I am off line player only, and am using 4.04m at this time, would I need 4.05 to upgrade to 4.06 and 4.07? With my busy schedule I am lucky if I can fly for a couple of hours a week. As I understand the new DGEN along with the new maps and campaigns will need 4.05 in order to have 4.06 and 4.07, if correct then would I beable to purchase both 4.05 and 4.06 together when avaible?

Thanks, \:\) \:\)


Taxes are my part time profession, flying is my passion.
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,525
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,525
Thanks Ian and Starshoy!!

Taxman....if you have DGen 4.0.4.5, you should be good. And, you should be able to add this new one with no ill effects, as I believe it is always 'backward' compatible. So if you wanted to do so, you could get these DGens as they come out. Back up your current one just to be safe, though.....the customary cautionary notice. \:\)

As to 4.05, 4.06, and 4.07 -- you must have 5 to get 6, and 5 and 6 to get 7. Regarding your specific question on purchasing, I don't know, but I doubt it. I think each remains a solo release/purchase, though 6 and 7 may be released rather close to each other.

Or not....no one but Ubi knows for sure yet. \:\) Not too sure they even do....we can but wait. \:\)


NealG
I will not lead, nor will I follow, and if you want to come through here you have 3 choices: go around; ask nicely; or bring a lunch -- you'll be here a while.
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,962
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,962
thanx a bunch \:D



Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 288
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 288
Ok have installed new dgen, what are the dgen plane codes for the PE2 & PE3 & Do I need to create classes files for them in DGEN itself. Has anybody added these planes to their dgens to have dynamic campaigns?

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473
Thanks, NealG.

I am up to date with 4.0.4.5. As I understand I would beable to apply the new dgen, but not the other "goodies" Hope this will help some others with the same questions.

\:\)


Taxes are my part time profession, flying is my passion.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2
Thank you for the update Ian!!!

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
STAGE 2 - Ostfront Update for Pe-2, Pe-3 and A-20C added (see first post in this thread).

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669
Perhaps releasing the campaigns after the release of 4.06 would have been better, Ian. Currently I cannot play the Kurland Pe-2 campaign for example as the A-20C is missing. ;\)


Intel i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz - ASUS Rampage III Gene Republic of Gamers - 6GB RAM OCZ CL7 XTC Platinum PC3-12800 - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 480 - 64GB Crucial RealSSD C300 SATA II - 1TB Western Digital WD1002FAEX SATA II - Creative Soundblaster Xi-Fi Titanium - Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
Good point. I've changed the Zip to Stage 2 Version 2 removing the new DB and MIS files until we get the A-20C.

Sorry bout that!

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 522
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 522
Ummm . . . Ian?

The title for the second file DOES say Stage2Version2, but the file itself still says Stage2Version1?

Is this OK?

UPDATE

I think you have a typo here. For the hell of it I tried pointing to a version2 . . . and the file DOES exist.

http://www.futureastro.com/air5/fb/Stage2_version2.zip

Here's the URL for those that have no idea of what I just posted. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK UNTIL VERIFIED BY IAN !!!!!!!!!!!!


Kamikaze
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikaze*:
Here's the URL for those that have no idea of what I just posted. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK UNTIL VERIFIED BY IAN !!!!!!!!!!!!
I've checked the files, and it seems the one thing that needs to be changed is to remove the A-20C from PlanesRu9.dat. Otherwise, everything should be okay.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
Thanks Kami, that's the link. Amended. But that is the right version, yes.

Don't seem to be on top form today. :rolleyes:

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Ian, could you get Vadim to activate 95 IAP for the Pe-3 campaign? It just doesn't make sense to have it listed in the campaign description and to not have it as a valid in-game unit (yet have all those other ones listed!) Are any of those other units even ones that used the Pe-3?

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
May I refer you to:

Please note:
1) This version does not contain the final squadrons. 2 new squadrons will be added to DGen shortly.


\:\)

It will be in, of course.

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 330
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 330
hi Ian Boys

where do extract the files of stage 2 version 2?

also ive added the new Dgen but how do i add the pe2 campaigns?

many thanks \:\)

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Boys:
May I refer you to:

Please note:
1) This version does not contain the final squadrons. 2 new squadrons will be added to DGen shortly.


\:\)

It will be in, of course.
Oops, sorry about that. \:o In my excitement I missed that note.

Another question about the Pe-3 campaign: Typhoon.db lists both variants in the list of aircraft (while Yogy's PDT has only the Series 1), while Murmansk 1942 has only the Series 1. Only Murmansk 43 shows the Bis listed. Should the aircraft list look like this, then?:

Quote:
[Typhoon]
PE_3SERIES1

[Murmansk42]
PE_3SERIES1

[Murmansk43]
PE_3BIS
Or is it possibly an error with Murmansk42.DB? I noticed the template for Murmansk 42 has Bis static aircraft but not Series 1s. It would seem to me the Bis is the correct aircraft, given that it was already in production in 1941 and that the Object Viewer states it was in use in the Far North early on.

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,525
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,525
Quote:
Originally posted by CKY_86:
hi Ian Boys

where do extract the files of stage 2 version 2?

also ive added the new Dgen but how do i add the pe2 campaigns?

many thanks \:\)
Partial answer, may help: the 'stage 2 ' files go into your DGen folder. After doing that, and using the updated DGen exec, I see Pe2 available under the USSR Ostfront-related DGen campaigns....so I think this is all you need do unless you want to get more involved in 'tweaking' DGen files, which is another thing altogether.

Hope that is of some help.


NealG
I will not lead, nor will I follow, and if you want to come through here you have 3 choices: go around; ask nicely; or bring a lunch -- you'll be here a while.
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Ian, another question for you: ;\)

Will we see any new DB files reflecting how many A-20Cs were in use in Kurland and Murmansk?

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
Yes, but releasing them now (as I did inadvertently) means no Dgen would run for those with 405. I will re-release them when 406 is out.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 … 10 11

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,536 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1