SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 … 10 11
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
LukeFF re Pe-3: They should all be Pe-3bis. Thanks.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
Some shots from the upcoming Burma campaign:

We were tasked to hit a Japanese forward airstrip and in the initial approach a 20mm AA gun took off my port wingtip and disabled the two port cannon. Because of the uneven recoil and loss of lift I bugged out pretty much immediately but had a fighter on me. I bunted as he went past at much higher speed and pulled the trigger - lucky shot!






Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,170
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,170
Thank you so much, Ian !!!

God willing, I'll be going back to Burma in December. I hope that SoM and your map will be available well before then as I probably won't be back home until February and that's simply too long for an impatient git like me to have to wait in order to sample your delightful wares \:\) ...


Charter member of the FanATIcal nVidiots Society of Uranus
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Can't wait to give this a try!

Ian, can you give us a run-down of the campaign options (e.g., aircraft, historical timespan, nationalities)?

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
Nationalities:

RAF/IAF
Japanese
USAAF

Careers:

RAF:
Fighter Recon (Hurricane)
Spitfire (VIII, Vb, Vc)
Strike (Beaufighter, Vultee Vengeance)

Japanese:
Oscar II (can carry bombs)

USAAF:
Fighter (P-38, P-40, P-51B)

The USAAF careers play out quite differently depending on your choice of plane. The P-38's were detached to the RAF and flew as long range fighters. The P-51B's and P-40's were on Army co-op missions and the P-51B's were sent to support the Chindits for a while along with Spit 8's from 81 Sqn RAF.

Rather than split the careers up too much, I just leave the players to decide what to fly and thereby determine the types of mission.

They are quite Burma specific - Hurricanes won't be involved in bomber intercepts BoB-style. More likely there will be a pair of them shooting up Japanese trucks in a village that may or may not have fighter cover.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
Oops, missed your timespan Q. Answer is: Feb 44 to June 44 or so.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Thanks!

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
More questions: (I know, you must be getting tired of this by now ;\) )

-Are there really no other units that can be used with the Pe-2 careers? It seems like that 34th BAP gets used for the Soviet bomber careers quite a bit. As I recall the static Pe-2 campaign used historically correct units for the Pe-2s

-Did you receive my e-mail about the Libau airfields?

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669
Just checked - DGen recognizes 34., 40., 80. and 210 BAP.


Intel i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz - ASUS Rampage III Gene Republic of Gamers - 6GB RAM OCZ CL7 XTC Platinum PC3-12800 - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 480 - 64GB Crucial RealSSD C300 SATA II - 1TB Western Digital WD1002FAEX SATA II - Creative Soundblaster Xi-Fi Titanium - Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
Quote:
Originally posted by LukeFF:
More questions: (I know, you must be getting tired of this by now ;\) )

-Are there really no other units that can be used with the Pe-2 careers? It seems like that 34th BAP gets used for the Soviet bomber careers quite a bit. As I recall the static Pe-2 campaign used historically correct units for the Pe-2s

-Did you receive my e-mail about the Libau airfields?
The historically-correct (?) units are in the game but were only put in dgen this week. I'm busy with Burma but don't worry, they will be done.

Re Libau - yes, and see above

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Gotcha Ian. The thing about 34 BAP is that I've seen it used for a whole lot of Soviet bombers, so I was beginning to think the VVS had only one big huge bomber wing for the course of the war. ;\)

EDIT: I just successfully tested 12th GvBAP (code: 12GPBAPKBF) with the Pe-2 Kurland career. This is the unit that is used with the Pe-2 naval career, so I gather this really was a unit involved in operations over Kurland.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Quote:
Originally posted by csThor:
Just checked - DGen recognizes 34., 40., 80. and 210 BAP.
Thanks. Do you mind checking if 779th BAP and 9th BBAP are recognized as well?

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669
That's a problem - I have got a load of "???" unit names with the Pe-2 update ... Maybe me exchanging the 4.05 exe with the 4.04 one?


Intel i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz - ASUS Rampage III Gene Republic of Gamers - 6GB RAM OCZ CL7 XTC Platinum PC3-12800 - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 480 - 64GB Crucial RealSSD C300 SATA II - 1TB Western Digital WD1002FAEX SATA II - Creative Soundblaster Xi-Fi Titanium - Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Ian, if you can, ask Starshoy to add 27th IAP to the list of available Soviet units. I tried to add this unit to the Murmansk Navy Fighter campaign, but Dgen didn't recognize it.

Speaking of which, it seems like most Soviet Murmansk campaigns share the same units between similiar types (e.g., Army Fighter & Navy Fighter). For instance, why isn't 78th IAP listed for the Navy Fighter campaign? I added it in to the squadron list, and it works just fine. I realize a lot of the units in the Far North aren't in the squadron list, but I think we should make an effort to make the available squadron list as accurate as it can be.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
They will be added, don't worry. Didn't I say that already?

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Boys:
They will be added, don't worry. Didn't I say that already?
I know, I know...I guess I just worry too much. ;\)

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
You know what I've been doing instead ;\)

Don't mention it here yet though. Need Oleg's nod first.

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 9,077
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 9,077
Question? I have the Pe-2 addon, and have put the new DGen exe in the main folder. I do not have Ostfront, do I still need to put version 2 stage 2 in my DGen folder, before 4.06m, and stage 3 is released? thanks. Puts


"Is he?....Yeah....Nothings moving but,his watch"

Ivan
"Half Bader"
Putski
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Boys:
You know what I've been doing instead ;\)

Don't mention it here yet though. Need Oleg's nod first.
I know nothing of this matter. ;\)

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,170
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,170
OK, someone plz pass me the secret decoder ring so I can ascertain what all the obtuse references and sly winks mean :p ...


Charter member of the FanATIcal nVidiots Society of Uranus
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 … 10 11

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,831 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1