SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 60 of 106 1 2 … 58 59 60 61 62 … 105 106
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
Bart, you are NO help! :p

I'll even take a rumor-as long as it's not 2 weeks!

Copterdrvr


Skids are for kids!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 222
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 222
I bought "the Mammoth book of Fighter Pilots" some years ago, it's full of "high lights" from many good pilot biographies, Johannes Steinhoff, Von Richhofen, Douglas Bader, Ernst Udet and many more. Half the book or more, is about WW1 flying and fighting methods. A very good, affordable and highly recomended book. It also has some very funny chapters from WW1, where boys were sent up solo after just 2 or 3 hours of training, which ended not always as expected...
-nils-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786710...M23B02&n=283155

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
M
Hotshot
Hotshot
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
Quote:
Originally posted by nils:
BTW what is the planned release for this baby?
-nils- [/QB]
I'd be interested to hear someone from GT answer this. Hopefully sometime this year \:\)


WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
=
Member
Member
= Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally posted by Mogster:
Quote:
Originally posted by nils:
BTW what is the planned release for this baby?
-nils-
I'd be interested to hear someone from GT answer this. Hopefully sometime this year \:\) [/QB]
it happens sometimes when i lost questions in many post/quotes ... sooo to answer on you question - the planned release date is end of 2006.


VikS
Flying BARANS Forever!
"All wool - to the front!"
www.barans.ru
www.riseofflight.com
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,962
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,962
"the planned release date is end of 2006."

ooooh good \:\) Merry Christmas to me \:D

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 13,406
G
Bit of a chowderhead
Veteran
Bit of a chowderhead
Veteran
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 13,406
"The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray."

Or somesuch. \:\)


LukeFF: Oleg got rid of his moustache! eek

akdavis: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
This weeks update is up:

http://www.gennadich.com/lang/en/

We have a finished - and quite excellent - Fokker DVII, and some very nice 3 ton truck models. One has a wynch on the back to raise/lower balloons.

There is also a bonus WIP pictured on the forums - the GOTHA - and it is huge!



So - things are going great!!!

My mental checklist tells me that the two biggie fighters we are missing are:
SE-5a
Pfalz DIII

...and I hope we get a Salmson to put holes in and perhaps an Alb C series for you Entente fliers. That should give us a nice healthy plane set.

Barkhorn.


"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge

"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,208
1
Member
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,208
I haven't had time to read thru this thread, just saw this at work. Sorry if this has already been addressed but any news on 6DOF TIR in this sim? Thanks

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 842
D
Team Daidalos - IL-2 Series Developer
Member
Team Daidalos - IL-2 Series Developer
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 842
SE-5a
Pfalz DIII

Yep, must haves.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,673
K
Ruddy Duck
Member
Ruddy Duck
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,673
WOW, DVII looks swell!


CSG_Rummy
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,558
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,558
Quote:
Originally posted by Gryne:
The traduction of the refrain (how do you say that in english?)...
Salute, Gryne!

The English word you're looking for in the above sentence is "translation."

As a language student in college (I studied both Spanish and German), I sympathize with anybody trying to learn our language. English is extremely difficult compared to the Romance languages! \:\)


Dumbo
pilot

Intel Core i7-6700 processor 3.4 Ghz
Asus Strix GeForce GTX960 4GB graphics card
Kingston 240GB SSD hard drive
Gigabyte Z170X GAMING 3 mobo
Cougar RS 650 watt power supply
Kingston 8GB PC4-2133 desktop RAM
Windows 10 Premium 64 OEI
24" Dell LCD monitor
CH Fighterstick/ProPedals
TrackIR 5-Pro
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
(fr.) "refrain" would also be "refrain" in English, or "chorus".


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,170
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,170
Quote:
Originally posted by Dumbo_AK32nd:
Quote:
Originally posted by Gryne:
The traduction of the refrain (how do you say that in english?)...
Salute, Gryne!

The English word you're looking for in the above sentence is "translation."

As a language student in college (I studied both Spanish and German), I sympathize with anybody trying to learn our language. English is extremely difficult compared to the Romance languages! \:\)
I generally agree with you, though we part company on the subject of whether English is more difficult than French. Romance languages on the whole are considerably easier than English, but French has its share of archaisms and 'exceptions to the rule'.

As for German, I understand it was voted the most difficult language to learn by European linguists (or so I read in a newspaper last year). Apparently, Finnish is the easiest language to master, with English and French somewhere in the middle of the pack...


Charter member of the FanATIcal nVidiots Society of Uranus
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 77
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 77
The big Gotha looks great, would be nice to have a HP 0/400 for the allies.

It looks like the more information we can give this developement team the better, they actually appear to be taking it in and keeping us as a community involved.

So dig out those old photo's, especially cockpit/crew position ones if you have any.

This is really shaping up to be THE WW1 Flight sim to have, I can't wait....I think my Joystick is going to be working overtime once this is out \:\)

Please keep up the good work & keep those updates coming, they are now my weekly highlight.

PC

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkw1nd:
Apparently, Finnish is the easiest language to master,
Ha!

From Wikipedia regarding cases in Finnish.... ;\)

"The morphosyntactic alignment is nominative-accusative; but, there are two object cases: accusative and partitive. The contrast between the two is telicity, where accusative denotes actions completed as intended (Ammuin hirven "I shot the elk dead"), and partitive denotes incomplete actions (Ammuin hirve� "I shot at the elk"). Often this is confused with perfectivity, but the only element of perfectivity there is in Finnish is that there are some perfective verbs. Transitivity is distinguished by different verbs for transitive and intransitive, e.g. ratkaista "to solve something" vs. ratketa "to be solved by itself". There are several frequentative and momentane verb categories.

Verbs gain personal suffixes for each person; these suffixes are grammatically more important than pronouns, which are often not used at all. The infinitive is not the uninflected form but has a suffix -ta or -da; the closest one to an uninflected form is the third person singular imperative. There are four persons, first, second, third and impersonal (often called "passive"). There are four tenses, namely present, past, perfect and pluperfect; the system mirrors the Germanic system. The future tense is not needed due to context and the telic contrast. For example, luen kirjan "I read a book (completely)" indicates a future, when luen kirjaa "I read a book (not yet complete)" indicates present.

Nouns may be suffixed with the markers for the aforementioned accusative case and partitive case, the genitive case, eight different locatives, and a few other cases. The case marker must be added not only to the main noun, but also to its modifiers; e.g. suure+ssa talo+ssa, literally "big-in house-in". Possession is marked with a possessive suffix; separate possessive pronouns are unknown. Pronouns gain suffixes just as nouns do."


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Quote:
Originally posted by PC777:

Please keep up the good work & keep those updates coming, they are now my weekly highlight.
Yes, I agree, SoW:BoB will have to ramp up the pace of updates!


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 246
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally posted by Dumbo_AK32nd:
Quote:
Originally posted by Gryne:
The traduction of the refrain (how do you say that in english?)...
Salute, Gryne!

The English word you're looking for in the above sentence is "translation."

As a language student in college (I studied both Spanish and German), I sympathize with anybody trying to learn our language. English is extremely difficult compared to the Romance languages! \:\)
Doh! How dumb I am! I was so fixated on refrain that I didn't translate 'Traduction'... LOL

I guess it was a hard day at work and my mind wasn't fully concentrated on the post.

Franckly, I feel english is far easier than french as I feel english is more to the point while you'll need to blow a lot of air to say the same in french.

on me!


NN_Gryne
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 246
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkw1nd:
Apparently, Finnish is the easiest language to master, with English and French somewhere in the middle of the pack...
Finland also has some great taste in music!

ROCK AND ROLL ALLELUIA!!!!!



NN_Gryne
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Greetings from Etterbeek Gryne... ;\)


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 246
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 246
Greetings from Etterbeek too!

But it's a shame that it's still raining this late in may. I was really feeling depressed when I went to 'Place Jourdan' picking up my 'couques' this morning...


NN_Gryne
Page 60 of 106 1 2 … 58 59 60 61 62 … 105 106

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,744 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1