SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 31 of 106 1 2 … 29 30 31 32 33 … 105 106
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,080
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,080
Quote:
Originally posted by Freycinet:
AUCH! - Is that the forward view? This will make the 190-whining seem like nothing! :-)
That's no problem Freycinet, because there's no whining allowed in WWI.....no one could hear the complaints anyway. ;\)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Quote:
Originally posted by ArgonV:

BTW WWI aircraft were known for their horrible cockpit views. Obviously some were better than others! ;\)
Just part of the charm!


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,015
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,015
Indeed. Anyone who opened their mouth received a castor oil digestive. Ugh... ;\)

Loving the update piccies!

Any idea when the official web site will be up and running?

I was surprised to hear that Eugeniy Karpov is working with you. It is fantastic news but also leaves me wondering... Has there been a merger of the D-Strict and Grennadich team? If so, I think it was a masterful move on both parts to collaborate.

If it is just one of the members, does that mean the "Sikorsky" project is dead in the water? If so, I feel sorry for the other two individuals involved. I thank them for trying their hand at WW1 while it lasted.

S!

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
=
Member
Member
= Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally posted by Dantes:
Indeed. Anyone who opened their mouth received a castor oil digestive. Ugh... ;\)

Loving the update piccies!

Any idea when the official web site will be up and running?
we plan it for middle of spring or so

Quote:

I was surprised to hear that Eugeniy Karpov is working with you. It is fantastic news but also leaves me wondering... Has there been a merger of the D-Strict and Grennadich team? If so, I think it was a masterful move on both parts to collaborate.

If it is just one of the members, does that mean the "Sikorsky" project is dead in the water? If so, I feel sorry for the other two individuals involved. I thank them for trying their hand at WW1 while it lasted.

S!
there shouldnt be any wonders cause:
- Eugeny was lookin for job, we invite him, so he is with us now;
- we have a contact with all "Sikorsky" members before that, and we have it now, but i cant say any more cause everything can happen, and we cant speak for "Sikorsky".

So to conclude it in simple words - now we (GT) have a new member, and soon you will be able to see his creations for "Knights" too.

S!


VikS
Flying BARANS Forever!
"All wool - to the front!"
www.barans.ru
www.riseofflight.com
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,188
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,188
Hi Brigstock and Jarvis - hope all is well with both of you.

Pup - fantastic. Always was my favourite plane.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 101
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 101
Thursday is now my favorite day of the week. Here's why...


Plenty of great looking Pfalz and Sopwith Pup screenies at Gennadich Team's update site. (available at the top of this Thread)


"History would be a splendid thing, if only it were true"
Leo Tolstoy.

"History is principally the inaccurate narration of events which ought not to have happened."
Ernest Albert Hooten.
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,080
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,080
Mine too ic13. \:\)

The Pfalz D.XII texturing is simply fantastic!

GT's quality of appearance is almost at the level of Mark Miller's wonderful 3D artwork.....and these previews show builds for a limited-poly flight sim environment.......very impressive!!!


Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,974
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,974
Bloody fantastic!

S!


"never judge a sausage by it's skin"
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 391
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 391
Dang! That some crazy AA there! What's it at, 16X?

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 9,077
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 9,077
Both the Sopwith Pup, and Pfalz XII, are fantastic.


"Is he?....Yeah....Nothings moving but,his watch"

Ivan
"Half Bader"
Putski
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 101
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 101
There is a great site for WWI aviation information at http://www.theaerodrome.com/
It is a great place to find performance specifications on the planes that Gennadich is posting screenshots of each Thursday. There is also a tremendous amount of information about the aces of WWI from all nations. Precise info about their victories is included. It is the best site I've seen for background information on WWI aviation. It should be very useful for acquiring info on units, pilots and planes when building missions and campaigns for the new sim. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself there but,hey, I'm eager for this new sim. Besides the wealth of info at the aerodrome can help pass the time while we wait.


"History would be a splendid thing, if only it were true"
Leo Tolstoy.

"History is principally the inaccurate narration of events which ought not to have happened."
Ernest Albert Hooten.
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 939
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 939
Pfaltz XII !!!!

Oh hurraaah!

This is looking better and better.

Cheers,

RocketDog.


Beyond gliding distance
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
Those planes are just so beautiful, I can't stand it.

Get this sim finished already!!! \:D

Copterdrvr


Skids are for kids!
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 170
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally posted by copterdrvr:
Those planes are just so beautiful, I can't stand it.

Get this sim finished already!!! \:D

Copterdrvr
....also add 3D cockpit with TIR Vector support, detailed ground action and who needs IL2/FB/PF after all (just kidding).

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,382
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,382
Arg, you are modeling all these beauties on steroids. Beware of the doping control \:D

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 746
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 746
Man those are looking good!

BF

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,096
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,096
Beautiful models! And the cockpits being 6DOF-compatible makes me jump like a kid waiting for a lollipop.


Il est plus tard que tu ne crois
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Fantastic models and especially textures, just completely drool-inducing.

I wonder whether the metallic shine on the Pup cowling will be painted on (as in the il-2FB engine) or real-time rendered (as in FS2004).


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 200
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 200
I hadn't looked at their pages in a while - these guys are serious.

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 291
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 291
Fantastic work


Anne, ma soeur Anne, ne vois tu rien venir?
Page 31 of 106 1 2 … 29 30 31 32 33 … 105 106

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,079,157 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1