SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 26 of 106 1 2 … 24 25 26 27 28 … 105 106
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 288
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 288
Well I really hope this gets an Australian release

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Yiiiii-haaaaaaa!


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,105
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,105
Triple wow !

Horse drawn artillery, the Brisfit, the crappy Schneider tank ... drool.

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618
M
Babelfish Immune
Veteran
Babelfish Immune
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618
'Cowboys Of World War One'

Thanks Flyby looking good!

Horse-drawn artillery pieces really? Wow.

Please do not allow the horses to be injured mate or the English will not relish the fight. We love horses.

The French will relish the horses though. They also love horses but not in the same way. In sandwiches. With the aforementioned relish \:\)

Ming


'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 8,746
G
Hotshot
Hotshot
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 8,746
The horses are precisely what I wanted to see. Now if we can only have riders to go with them... Please, Gennadich, please?

We need more horses and fewer tanks in all pre-1945 sims. And this one just moved up the realism ladder.


"I prefer to fly alone ... when alone, I perform those little coups of audacity which amuse me" - Ren� Fonck
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 501
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 501
I'm sold already! Whats the target date for this product?

~Flatlander


Despite repeated warnings Albert continued to loiter outside public lavatories dressed as pestulence.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
But, I guess the horses will just stand still...

And how does their damage model look? - could get yucky. Well, I guess it will just be a horse lying down, splayed-out legs.


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
=
Member
Member
= Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally posted by guderian ente:
The horses are precisely what I wanted to see. Now if we can only have riders to go with them... Please, Gennadich, please?
you mean cavalary? its already planned as unit ;\)
cants say how it will look and act like, but it will present somehow \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Flatlander:
I'm sold already! Whats the target date for this product?
~Flatlander
the plan is for the end of 2006

Quote:
Originally posted by Freycinet:
But, I guess the horses will just stand still...

And how does their damage model look? - could get yucky. Well, I guess it will just be a horse lying down, splayed-out legs.
we still discuss/workin over it


VikS
Flying BARANS Forever!
"All wool - to the front!"
www.barans.ru
www.riseofflight.com
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
I think you should have something with intestines spilling out... :p


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
Hey, lets face it-war is a, er, a, yucky. ;\)

Copterdrvr


Skids are for kids!
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 842
D
Team Daidalos - IL-2 Series Developer
Member
Team Daidalos - IL-2 Series Developer
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 842
Hey Viks. Great to see horses in the game!

One idea:

Would you consider making the horse skin less red and more brown? It seems a bit too Irish now (no offense to Irishmen). \:\) Even better would be to have couple different skins for horses for more diversity. Maybe black and brown?

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 8,746
G
Hotshot
Hotshot
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 8,746
For comparison, here is a pic of a horse from Rome Total War. I think the Gennadich horses look pretty good for a flight sim!

Quote:

You mean cavalry? It's already planned as unit.
Great! I guess that means infantry and gun crews are in too?

Quote:

Can't say how it will look and act like, but it will present somehow.
I know you guys want to hedge your bets, but I think we have a pretty good idea of what cavalry will look like. \:\)

Quote:

Would you consider making the horse skin less red and more brown?
Stop flogging that dead....... \:\)


"I prefer to fly alone ... when alone, I perform those little coups of audacity which amuse me" - Ren� Fonck
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
M
Hotshot
Hotshot
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
I really like the textures on the vehicles. Proir to these sets of screenies I knew nothing about WW1 armoured vehicles. As an update comes out with another weird looking metal tracked thingy I keep searching for info about them. I just hope they can devise some way of tweaking the IL2 engine so it copes better with mobile ground units.

Can't wait for the in engine gameplay shots and videos \:\)


WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 101
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 101

Its thursday again and our friends in Moscow have favored us with some lovely images of SPADS


"History would be a splendid thing, if only it were true"
Leo Tolstoy.

"History is principally the inaccurate narration of events which ought not to have happened."
Ernest Albert Hooten.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,458
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,458
I wonder if this will be another mergable add-on like PF?


"We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex." Dwight D. Eisenhower
II./JG1 Oesau
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
Fokkers and Camels and Spads-oh my! \:\)

Copterdrvr


Skids are for kids!
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 220
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally posted by II./JG1_Pritzl:
I wonder if this will be another mergable add-on like PF?
This game has nothing to do with 1C or Il-2 series. Only that its based on il-2 engine..so its a standalone separate one.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 296
U
Member
Member
U Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 296
Wow, those Spads textures are amazing. This game is going to make for some great screen shots.


In the Pacific, the Indian Ocean, and the Atlantic we remember the multitude of resentful sleeping warriors; in our ears we hear the whisper of the "voices from the bottom of the sea."
-Commander Mochitsura Hashimoto, IJN, 16 August 1945
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 179
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 179
Wonder if the planes will cast shadows on themselves. Don't know if the Il2 engine could do it though.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Quote:
new flyght model mathematics are almost close to final, so it looks like all thing goin right, at least we hope so :rolleyes:
hmmmm.... \:D

Page 26 of 106 1 2 … 24 25 26 27 28 … 105 106

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,083,005 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1