SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#1648942 07/18/06 07:02 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
Nice day up North today.Hope you like.Must say,some of my best yet.Can't wait to get some new glass.

Thanks for looking

#1

#2

#3

#4

#5 Nav:"To your left..."
#
#6 Nav:"Your other left!"

#7

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1648943 07/18/06 07:02 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
#8

#9

#10

#11

#12

#13

#14

#15

#1648944 07/18/06 07:05 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
#16

#17

#18

#19 Farewell! \:\(

#20

#21

#22

#1648945 07/18/06 07:06 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
#23

#24

#25 Findhorn Bay,approach to Kinloss.

#1648946 07/18/06 07:38 PM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,583
G
Apex avoidance specialist
Member
Apex avoidance specialist
Member
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,583
Nice! IDS Heaven, and I love the Nimrod ones too.

Gareth


cheers
Gareth

UNDERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the front wing.
OVERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the back wing.
HORSEPOWER - is how fast you hit the wall.
TORQUE - is how far you can take the wall with you.

Read my scale modelling blog at www.latibuliser.com or mfhmazda787.com
#1648947 07/18/06 08:05 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188
Likes: 37
A
Veteran
Veteran
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188
Likes: 37
As always, great stuff! I also enjoy seeing something different than what I see at the shows here in the southwestern U.S. - Tornadoes, Canberras, Nimrods - very cool.


Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#1648948 07/18/06 08:06 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 190
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 190
Really amazing pictures, I miss living at lossie \:\(

#1648949 07/18/06 08:19 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
T
Lifer
Lifer
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
Love the shots, I think this shot is now known as "The Andrew shot" ;\)




I would love to see that many jets at once



XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969

Dave O'Brien,
Top Gun Photography
Nikon D500 & D7200
Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 150-600
#1648950 07/18/06 08:40 PM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 117
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 117
Which aircraft is that in photo #8?

#1648951 07/18/06 08:47 PM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,583
G
Apex avoidance specialist
Member
Apex avoidance specialist
Member
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,583
It's a Britten-Norman Islander. Not sure what the role is in the RAF.

Cheers,
Gareth


cheers
Gareth

UNDERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the front wing.
OVERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the back wing.
HORSEPOWER - is how fast you hit the wall.
TORQUE - is how far you can take the wall with you.

Read my scale modelling blog at www.latibuliser.com or mfhmazda787.com
#1648952 07/18/06 10:49 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
Thank you guys,very much appreciated.

SgtSnorkle,Gareth is right on the money.However it belongs to the Army not the RAF.

I love doing the "shot in the sun" however,I'm not too pleased with this one.Certainly not one of my top ones anyhow.I tried it with the Tornado too but it didn't come out as I wanted.

Cheers again guys.I must get my duxford shots done,too many and I can't be arsed! \:D

#1648953 07/19/06 03:19 AM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,038
Likes: 3
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,038
Likes: 3
Quote:
Originally posted by goon:
It's a Britten-Norman Islander. Not sure what the role is in the RAF.
Islander CC2, based at Northolt & listed as station flight.
The RAF lists 1 but sources say that there are in fact 2 ...
Wonder if CC stands for Command & Control?


"Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"

www.CombatACE.com SF P1/WOV/WOE/First Eagles flunky

abit forums
#1648954 07/19/06 06:23 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
I love 8 to 14 and 17 onwards: to me the shots with an uncluttered background are so much better. Thanks for posting!

Sad to see the Canberra go.... What a lady it has been!


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#1648955 07/20/06 07:56 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 154
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 154
Great images. I like #13 just because of the aggressive head-on aspect!


"We herd sheep....we drive cattle...we LEAD people! Lead me...follow me...or get out of my way!" GEN George Patton
#1648956 07/22/06 01:00 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
BUFF,that particular Islander had ARMY written on the side.I think it was up for the Helo exercise operating out of Kinloss.

#1648957 07/22/06 08:20 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 805
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 805
Excellent shots as usual mate.

#1648958 07/23/06 07:31 PM
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,187
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,187
hbxov, did you catch "jet set" last week about Tornado pilots training at Lossie ? I don't know if it was screened elsewhere but certainly in Scotland.
It's nice to see pics of the Canberra, untill last week I hadn't seen one up here for years.

#1648959 07/23/06 08:15 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,745
Yeah I did Mowgali,looks pretty good.Hopefully this week we'll see abit more flying in it! \:D

I think its only getting shown in scotland but if the rest of you UK guys have Sky then you can program to recieve scottish ITV so that you can see it.

Its a program about new fast jet RAF pilots getting trained on the GR4 at Lossie.

Where you there last week?If so,where abouts were you?


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,227 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1