|
|
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,585
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,585 |
I know it was mentioned earlier for consideration, has a decision, yay or nay, been made with regards to it?
Hengist.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,338
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,338 |
The XBox? For real, though, I guess it could be a simplified version in the vein of Turn and Burn (Super Nintendo) vs. Fleet Defender (PC Sim). Maybe with all those tactical shooters, people are becoming more willing to LEARN a game before they can really do well and have fun with it.
Not by accident does Genesis 3 make the father of knowledge a serpent - H.L. Mencken
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,222
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,222 |
don't underestimate the 360 - a superb piece of kit.
i have a buddy that plays il2 with a gamepad - and he does suprisingly well with it. about the only thing i think it needs is a POV control like trackir - probably more in line with the Wii controller methodology rather than reflections.
What WW2 Fighter pilots say about Angels and Airspeed:
"Nice job of getting down to the basics - love your choice of a cover!" Col. Clarence 'Bud' Anderson
"I have enjoyed reading angels and airspeed, it should prove good reading for all interested in combat tactics and their application related to the fluid air environment and state of technology in WWII years. All the best as you make it available." - Col. Charles McGee - Tuskegee Airman
NEVER ENGAGE STUPID.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841 |
Capable of playing IL2 with a Gamepad?! Well that doesn't give a good credit to IL2. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,248
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,248 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,585
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,585 |
Originally posted by chronoPilot: The XBox? They wouldn't DARE! That's blasphemy! Heretical! INSAAAAANNE! My my, what a closed mind, that's resistant to change, we certainly have.  The last that I heard, was that one Publisher wanted them to release a X360 version as well as a PC version. Originally posted by chronoPilot: For real, though, I guess it could be a simplified version in the vein of Turn and Burn (Super Nintendo) vs. Fleet Defender (PC Sim). Maybe with all those tactical shooters, people are becoming more willing to LEARN a game before they can really do well and have fun with it. You're right, you are guessing. From your reply, I'm assuming that you've never played Over G Fighters on the X360? Over G Fighters is the equivalent, in terms of complexity, of the Strike Fighters series on PC. A post based on researched facts is always more interesting than reading someone's personal thoughts based on limited knowledge. 
Hengist.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,248
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,248 |
Don't take us seriously But I do hope Jet Thunder will be far more complex than Strike Fighters.. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,585
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,585 |
Likewise, don't take my post too seriously. I hope I didn't come across as being too serious? 
Hengist.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 990
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 990 |
God forbid I dont want to play a sim on a stinkin console system.I stopped playing sims back in the Sega Gensis and SuperNes days when a PC actually became affordable.Never again will I go back to a console.LOL
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHZ,MSI K9A2 CF V2 MB,6GB Corsair DDR2 Ram,EVGA Geforce GTX560 1GB,500GB Seagate drive,200GB WD drive.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,222
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,222 |
Originally posted by ricnunes: Capable of playing IL2 with a Gamepad?! Well that doesn't give a good credit to IL2. you misunderstand. a good gamepad has more than enough resolution in the controls to allow GOOD control of an aircraft.
What WW2 Fighter pilots say about Angels and Airspeed:
"Nice job of getting down to the basics - love your choice of a cover!" Col. Clarence 'Bud' Anderson
"I have enjoyed reading angels and airspeed, it should prove good reading for all interested in combat tactics and their application related to the fluid air environment and state of technology in WWII years. All the best as you make it available." - Col. Charles McGee - Tuskegee Airman
NEVER ENGAGE STUPID.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 320
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 320 |
has a decision, yay or nay, been made with regards to it? Well, basically it's as simple as this: publishers actually turn down any title of any genre that doesn't at least provide hope of a future next-gen console port. About the control issue, somebody must follow this Mech game example and release a flight combat title with a bundled HOTAS/Pedals/headtrack combo like that! Logically it will be more expensive compared to a stock title, but an Over G Fighters/Ace Combat/Whatever with that kind of hardware will be a lot of fun and an interesting kit to any flight sim(game) collection. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,585
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,585 |
Originally posted by Dante-JT: Well, basically it's as simple as this: publishers actually turn down any title of any genre that doesn't at least provide hope of a future next-gen console port. So can I take that as a 'Yay', and if so, where can I place my pre-order? 
Hengist.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841 |
Originally posted by Bard: Originally posted by ricnunes: Capable of playing IL2 with a Gamepad?! Well that doesn't give a good credit to IL2. you misunderstand.
a good gamepad has more than enough resolution in the controls to allow GOOD control of an aircraft. Well, I was joking... 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841 |
Originally posted by vince-16: vade retro satanas I think you meant: Vai de retro satanas 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 2
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 2 |
It makes perfect sense.
If people didn't buy the Ace Combat games for PS2...do you think they would keep making them?
No matter WHAT they do it should be better than Zero-G fighters. I don't even HAVE a 360 and I can tell from the box that's a flaming pile of ****.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180 Likes: 3
I'll be your Huckleberry Veteran
|
|
I'll be your Huckleberry Veteran
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180 Likes: 3 |
Jeez Destruya, you certianly make a good argument. End sarcastic post. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,248
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,248 |
quote:Originally posted by vince-16: vade retro satanas
I think you meant:
Vai de retro satanas Ave it's latin not spanish so it is correct  (but the Christ spoke none  )
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,585
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,585 |
Originally posted by Destruya: No matter WHAT they do it should be better than Zero-G fighters. I don't recall any title called Zero-G fighters for the X360. Originally posted by Destruya: I don't even HAVE a 360 and I can tell from the box that's a flaming pile of ****. Do I need to say anything with regards to that, or is everyone thinking what I'm thinking? Way to go Destruya, with your first post here. You've certainly gained the respect of the community with that little statement.
Hengist.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841 |
Originally posted by vince-16: quote:Originally posted by vince-16: vade retro satanas
I think you meant:
Vai de retro satanas Ave
it's latin not spanish so it is correct (but the Christ spoke none ) Spanish!!! Thanks for the "insult" man. :p No that wasn't Spanish, it was Portuguese. By the way, I'm joking about the "insult" part 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,248
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,248 |
So one mistake for each of us so 1-1 
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|