SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello all –

I must make an announcement that I will be leaving the active flight sim world and returning to another love of my life.

Some of you may be aware that I also have an interest in guitar making. I joined NAMM (Nation Association of Music Merchandisers or something like that) a few years ago with the idea to start a small guitar shop called TNM Guitars. Recently a local entertainer commissioned me to build him an instrument. My first job! Since they are made entirely by hand, they are very time intensive. In addition, I also have a part time job. There's not enough time to do everything.

I must say that this community has enriched my life the last few years beyond measure, and I am very grateful for the acceptance of McFly Aviation as one of your sources for info on our favorite game. I will leave the site up for as long as anyone needs the files. (Secret – I have the files for the Falkland Island aircraft from Ariel Cancio. He's asked me to release them on April 2 which will be done.) I still have a few items that were sent that I plan on uploading, so for those of you that sent your skins and tips be patient please.

Since I'm not dying, I'm not saying goodbye to anyone. I just won't be visiting and kibitzing everyday. USAF is still a blast to me and will be a part of my leisure.


Take care, everyone.

Terry McArthur
Aka Tyler McFly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heya Mc..this past year has been a really great one made only possible by you, the best so far for me! Bid you well in your new luv. Hope it rocks \:D ....as for me im begining to see that end of the road here \:\(

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has been a pure pleasure knowing you these last few years.
Your dedication to USAF has been outstanding.
As far as leaving your site up for as long as anyone needs the files, be prepared to the long haul,it's the hub of all things that are great about our game.
You have enhanced the Black Sheeps enjoyment of USAF!!!
We will miss you!!!!
Brian Cuthbertson
Aka
Laketrout_195th
Commanding Officer
195th Black Sheep

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best of luck in your stuff \:D , and thanks for everything that you have done for us.
Cheers

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 245
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 245
Mr. McArthur

Thanks for all you've done for the game and its fans. Your well tuned web site is top pick in my book. Few would have stuck their necks out as often as you have to bridge the gaps in USAF mod making.

Don't fret, thanks to you there are many enthusiastic persons able to pickup the torch.

Brent ;\)

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 299
=
Member
Member
= Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 299
Chunk_195th
======================================
RGR Terry,
i thank you Sir For taking all the Time,
in Making Usaf All the better,
What can i Say, you will be Missed...
And Mabe SomeDay i Can be a proud owner
Of a McFly Guitar!
I wish you Luck Sir and God Bless yea
Ships Company.....Salute!


=Eat Hot lead at CLUNK's=
= � =
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,103
.
Member
Member
. Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,103
Man Mcfly sad to see you go , but I'm really happy for your guitar business. You've been a major reason for this games longevity. Best of luck to you in the years to come.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 856
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 856
You are a major influence in this community and it will be sad to see you go \:\( but I wish you well in your new business.

Good luck to ya Fly; and if I don�t see ya here I'll see ya hear. ;\)

Slikk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
see ya around McFly
thanks for giving us the Best Ever USAF Site
take care
[DS]Nesher
Commanding Officer of Dragon's Shadow
http://dragons-shadow.cjb.net

BTW, why can't u give someone else
admin your great site, like Laketrout or Slikk
and more....
just an idea ;\)

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,948
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,948
All I can do is mirror the sentiments the guys have said above....yours was the first site that caused me to sit here with my old dial up connection , patiently waiting for the mass of downloads on your pages to finish , so I could further enhance my enjoyment of USAF ....you were one of the fore runners of usaf add ons and still are..( you inspired me to do a site for usaf too..!...lol)
I for one will miss your input ...hope your site is up for a good while yet tho...its the first place I visit when I log onto the net.... \:D
cheers MC..and best of luck with all you do !
Russ


***** WebSite Under Construction *****
Also known as =TLI= IroN_MaiDeN
Visit us here for some COD UO online fun...
http://telfordlightinfantry.org
***** *****
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow... Mcfly you have done more for the USAF community than most of the people here... your contribution to keeping this still great sim alive was wonderful... We will continue to keep the reputation of your love for USAF...we will continue to mod the game...we will continue to keep it active and alive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey- if you have to leave us what better reason than Guitar music...nothing sounds better than a fine tuned guitar...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mcfly,

Sad to see you leave, but your site was the first ever site I visited that had USAF Mods. I have to say, it was the BEST USAF Site.. EVER! I wish you the best of luck with your guitar shop. Hope you bring in a good haul \:D Stay well freind

Best Regards,

Cylix=JW=

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The King of USAF and a Gentlemans Gentleman. Well all I can say is that USAF would have been just another game to me if it was not for you. Also I can genuinely say that I met a true friend and as real as anyone that is close to me \:\)

Yes RL has a few things to offer hey Mac \:D When I need a new Guitar, I know just where to get one \:\)

Keep in touch my friend, I will be doing so for sure.

A sad Jupiter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McFly~ I'm sorry to see you go, even though we only passed a few words. Your site was what got me started in all this.

Best of luck with your guitar making!

Mohamad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mac, you were always a great supporter to everyone, including me and my crappy models. Thank you for everything, and God bless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to heart that Mc \:\(

Hope to see you around soon again.

I know you�ll come back ;\)

Mav.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 107
U
Member
Member
U Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 107
*salute*


LCDR Luke Galarraga, VUSN
[email protected]

F-14D Tomcat

Any Time Baby!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geez ! Say it is'nt so !!!


Todd Cass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,555 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1