SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#141948 07/16/05 07:09 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,264
N
Squadron Leader
Member
Squadron Leader
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,264
Hiya guys!

A suggestion for the front page:
Having an RSS/XML Syndication feed

I love reading through the front page and seeing all the updates right in front of me, but I think it would be great to have that on my desktop sidebar ( desktopsidebar.com ). I'm sure you guys are familiar with RSS/XML feeds and how they work, so I won't explain what they are ;\)

I'm not too sure what percentage of members would use this feature, and I'm not too sure whether you guys need users to physically come to the site because of the ads... so take this suggestion just as it is: a suggestion.

Interested on what you guys think ;\)

S!


No457_Squog
Squadron Leader

No. 457 Squadron vRAAF
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#141949 08/09/05 09:17 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,264
N
Squadron Leader
Member
Squadron Leader
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,264
*B*U*M*P*


No457_Squog
Squadron Leader

No. 457 Squadron vRAAF
#141950 08/09/05 06:32 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,894
G
Senior Member
Senior Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,894
I'm sure some people may use it but the first thing I do when I install the latest version of Firefox is get rid of the BBC RSS feed. I don't like RSS feeds myself, I get my news manually.

#141951 08/14/05 02:50 AM
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Thanks for the suggestion. The plate is full with stuff to do for 2005. It's something for later. ;\)


Wisdom is knowing what's enough

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,435 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1