Hi, just got SH3 and installed from the DVD with a clean disk and virus off, and then registered it. I choose NOT to install the Ubisoft extra program for updates, etc. I have Directx9c, newest video drivers for an Nvidia FX5200, SoundBlaster Live 5.1, WinXP home, P4 2.4ghz 1gig RAM,...normal setup type.

First off, I can't get either the 1.1 or the 1.2 patch to install (both for DVD). Each time in the install it gives me the same error message, "Can't update because, path... de_menu.txt is an unknown version" I looked at this file in the menu folder and it's in German?
(There is also en_menu.txt there in English).

Second, when I try the first training for navagation, I don't understand where I'm supposed to go? I start out traveling SSW at standard speed surface as instructed in the main objectives and I get notices of radio reports, but I can't find any info on the radio reports to get directions I click on the radio man icon and the reports icon and there is nothing in them... I'm missing something here. I haven't even finished training!

Third, I put some mp3 music in the gramaphone folder, but they don't play in the game. If I open the gramaphone control in game and click the advance button I don't hear my music. I also tried renaming the file to the game name of "Gramophone1.mp3" and it still plays the stock music.. guess it's playing from the disc?
I'm already getting tirid of the game music.

Also, it takes about 45 seconds to load the game at startup and about 30 seconds to load a mission... is this normal?

Any help appreciated :p


rabu ...[|8~'

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i7 3.4GHZ Quad-Core
Gigabyte GA-Z68A LGA1155 MOB
G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 SDRAM
XFX GeForce GTS250 1gb w/22" LCD 1680x1050 32x dpi96
SB X-Fi audio card
OCZ ZT 650W PSU
3 WD 7200rpm 3GB/Sec SATA drives