That is some pretty amazing stuff right there.
Strange, even though I'm in I.T, it's tended to pass my mind as to the effects technology may have had on things recently. That is awesome to be able to run an N gauge layout like that.
I will probably get flayed for this but.....many years ago, all of my HO scale equipment I gave away. My dad had a fixation with American trains, so it was mostly Athearn (Are they still around?) and Rivarossi. I found out much later that some of the Rivarossi rolling stock were collectors items, although I recall seeing a few years ago that there may have been re-releases. I also remember first hearing about 'chipping' a loco when Hornby released (what at the time) was a super sophisticated controller called the Zero-1. Ah, the days of soldering the smallest pieces of wire onto tracks, attaching switches, and knowing how to electrify your 'sections'. Would like to see if I could remember how to do that today. It's only been 40 years!